NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I'm Michael

Dear game quitters,

Hello my name is Michael, I have made an most difficult decision to quit gaming forever! I have just recently quit and deleted all of my games. I have been playing video games for many years ever since I was four. After eleven years I am now able to set foot on the right path. It was not easy but I the trigger that got me out of the darkness and lead me to the light really worked. I finally feel confident that I can start my new life without games. Now I will discuss my story of how my gaming addition all began.

I played games since I was four years old. It was casual playing until I got to the age of thirteen. This addiction started in the seventh grade. In the beginning of the year I was friends with the smart kids or people known as nerds. I did not mind at all if I was friends with them, they were one of the closest and best friends I ever had. Anyway, my friend that I talked to on the bus was part of the "cool kids" that played video games (I am indeed lucky that those kids do not do bad things like drinking, smoking and such), One day he introduced me to his friends and we started to talk. They said that they play xbox 360 and this got me the idea to get one. I then asked my parents for a Xbox 360. On my birthday that's when I received my 360.

When I got my 360 I started to play it and get really addicted to it. This effect caused me to lose my friendship with my true friends and cause me to slack in class. At the time I did not feel any of the pain of loss or care about my grades ever since I started playing. This addition continued until I got into the ninth grade. I just decided to get rid of my console since I knew that school is very important. So I sold my console before school started. On the first day of school I was shocked. I was put in the special education classes. I was in the class were the stupid/ special kids are (no offense). However on the second day of school I received a new schedule of my classes. Then I was put in the normal/good classes that I should be in. Later, one of my old friends from kindergarten suggested that I should get a gaming pc. Sadly I listened to him and I asked for a gaming computer for my birthday. I picked one out on ebay and my father bought me it. About two months later the pc seller on ebay got banned since he was cheating people with money. I feel sorry to this day that my father had spent a good amount of money just for me just to be happy. My father still believes that I can achieve good grades and such and im glad that he believes in me. However the game addiction was too strong and I still played games until the end of the year. I was indeed sad that I did not recive second honors (when all grades are 85 and above). It was only one class that I had an 80 in but still it was the cause of the gaming addition.

The friends that I played with on pc are from school. But now as of 6-18-15 I have officially quit gaming. I did not tell them nor I do not plan to. If I do encounter them I will admit the truth but as of now not at the moment. That is the history that caused the addition. The trigger that caused me to quit was thinking about school and my future. I thought that: what will playing games succeed?, how am I going to have a good life?, etc. I have dreams and goals. I want to make books and learn some new languages. I want to learn greatly in school and to be one of the smartest in my grade. I am quite interested in making a youtube channel. I want to walk the right path in life. Also one of my closest friends quitted his favorite game (clash of clans) and told me that he wanted to succeed in life too.

Now it is summer, there are a lot of things that I can do. Now that I am free from gaming for good I can finally reach my dreams and goals. I am glad that the game quitters forum was created and I really wish to aid those that are in need for quitting games. If you have any questions or concerns please email me: mdog4117@gmail.com. This is my story, thank you.

Your fellow game quitter,

Michael

Hey Michael!

Thanks for joining us here and sharing your story! Congrats on taking the first step to remove games. If you want to know how to interact with your friends, check out this video.

You should make a youtube channel and share vlogs about your journey, learning new languages, etc. Let me know if you create the channel and I will subscribe!

Guest Franklin

This is a great story but I fear this will not last long. As we both know u have tried this many times and have gotten influence by other people. How you keep it up lol.

This is a great story but I fear this will not last long. As we both know u have tried this many times and have gotten influence by other people. How you keep it up lol.

?It doesn't matter how many times you fall... only how many times you get up. I tried to quit a few times and failed, but eventually I learned what was necessary to be able to do it for good. Four years later I haven't played any games and my life is better than ever. Don't make the mistake of underestimating the power we all have to make important changes that create remarkable new experiences in our lives.

I am VERY sorry for how rude these people are being to you 'MDog117', if they are friends trying to be funny it isn't.

Sadly they are, I'm truly sorry for you and the community to have to bear these terrible comments.

Dear Game Quitters Community,

This is all my fault, my former gamer friends found out our forum and has ruined it. They are just jealous because they can never be one of us. They will not get a job and they will will live in the streets! They are cruel and rude, I hope that the community understands by reading these people comments that they are an outcast. I truly feel sorry that they can't understand that gaming is destroying their life. They spend at least 100 dollars on a worthless game called league of legends. I'm truly sorry and I hope that no one got hurt with the outcast stories. Our bond is stronger than anyone of them we will always stay strong!

Your fellow Game Quitter,

MDog4117

I don't know who orchestrated this mass trolling. But why you feel this was worth your time is beyond me.

Like actually, i don't get why. Here are people trying to change their lives for the better with an addiction you might not understand and your putting everybody down.

Im not mad, just leave us to our space on the internet, there are many places already available for you to troll others, can you please go troll elsewhere. There are not many parts of the internet for gaming addiction, and some people actually need this.

Hey guys. Don't worry about the trolls. Personally I found them to be a little amusing. You don't need to feel embarrassed or harassed.

What your friends are experiencing is something which I have experienced before, and I'm sure Cam can help you to understand as well. It's the fear of other people's success. Read this!!

http://www.amyreesanderson.com/blog/the-lobster-syndrome/#.VYo5rYtLjIU

Basically, your friends have written scripts for themselves. They believe that they deserve to be where they are in life, and that they won't be able to do better. They may feel that they can't find the motivation to succeed in school like some of their peers, so they may end up making fun of their peers or bullying them to make themselves feel better. If you read the article, then you read about the lobster syndrome. My advice to you would be, don't let them pull you down to their level. Don't try to lash out at them either, because if you do then you are bringing yourself to their level.

Instead, use what you have learned. Follow your goals. You can see the path to your future success and happiness, even though it is cloudy for them. Be a leader and help show them the path. Show them that they can develop good habits and work toward their own success. They can do well in school, be fit and strong, have respect, and the girls of their dreams. It's all possible, but they believe that its very likely they will never reach those dreams, and so in fear, they try to drag everyone down to their level.

You are making a life changing decision to quit video games Michael. Whatever you do, do not give up on this path you are following. The rewards of perseverance and healthiness will be worth it. Consider this to be your first challenge. If you can overcome your fears and strive to be a leader, you will change lives. This is what we are all here for :)

Edited by Zane

Haha sorry guys. I was off exploring in Thailand today (with a girl even!) and missed all of this. Good entertainment though.

It's not the first nor last time something silly like this will happen. It reminds me of the days I'd wake up and see a ton of new traffic coming to my how to quit article, and after looking into it I'd find entire forum threads telling me I'm a loser. Always good for a laugh.

The thing is, you can tell a lot about the quality of someone's life based on the types of problems they have:

why you feel this was worth your time is beyond me.

The thing is, what someone wants to do with their life is completely up to them. You can learn a lot about your friends when you make big changes in your life. This type of thing happens in many different areas. Straight up I "lost" friends when I moved to a new city to pursue my dreams. It happens all the time, but the ones you want to invest in are the ones who regardless of what decisions you make, you know you can depend on them to either be supportive and encouraging OR to pull you aside like an adult and share their thoughts and feelings in a well-thought out and articulate way you can respect.

Focus on the friends that inspire you to be your best. We all have our own journey and we're all allowed to take responsibility to create the type of life we want. Anybody that says otherwise is completely full of shit. :)