NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Focus?

jakey

Hi everyone. I'm on day 15 and I've been noticing its really hard to focus on anything for more than a few minutes since I've quit. I didn't seem to have that problem when I was gaming. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

-Jacob

Hey Jacob!
I suffered from the same thing ( over time it got a lot better).You see, the problem with focus is that it's so hard to maintain it and easy to lose it, so your ability to focus often depends on the environment that you're in. If you're having a hard time dealing with background noise I'd recommend you to install a White Noise app, or you could try out meditation I've heard that it helps to maintain better focus (haven't tried it out by myself tho).

So do you think gaming impact your ability to focus?

YES, Yes and yes. When I quit gaming focusing was one of the most hardest things to do (besides trying not to procrastinate).It was living hell, I struggled so hard to keep my head clear from thoughts about games.The only thing I could do was to force myself  not to think about them. I started to notice improvements after like  the first month or so.

I had trouble focusing at first too. Meditation definitely helps a LOT. The mind is a muscle and you should train it:

1. Sit down on the floor. Cross legged. Back straight.
  2. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Whenever your focus strays immediately switch it back.

Next time you are trying to focus on something you can employ a similar technique. Whenever your focus strays flip your shit and get back to the task at hand. I find hitting brick walls in studying causes me to lose focus. If that happens it's always good to take a step back.