NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

3rd time's a charm right?

none239

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got very late start. I need to start taking a shower every morning. It helps me get out of bed.

Showering first thing in the morning is my first good habit of the day. xD

It depends, because if you want to boost your viking level, you have to do your showers with cold water.

I did it for 2 months, and the results were incredible.

Try it out, if you're brave enough, and tell me the results! :)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Got very late start. I need to start taking a shower every morning. It helps me get out of bed.

Showering first thing in the morning is my first good habit of the day. xD

It depends, because if you want to boost your viking level, you have to do your showers with cold water.

I did it for 2 months, and the results were incredible.

Try it out, if you're brave enough, and tell me the results! :)

I've been told a lot of great things about cold showers. My current house does not have central heating so the idea of waking up in a cold bed, walking into a cold hallway and taking a cold shower is a bit too much for me at the moment. I will try this when I move back in.

Day 31

I'm still stunned at how a small change can make such a huge difference. Unplugged keyboard and mouse from laptop in my bedroom and I once again cut hours off of my start up time. Meditated and got a good amount of programming done.

I had a mild desire to play video games during my depressed period a few days ago but the urges where still very weak. Far to weak for me to relapse. I did not even think about gaming today. It still surprises me just how much my relationship with gaming has changed.

Day 34

I'm downgrading to cool showers for now. The fear of the cold shower is making me delay taking them.

Making final arrangements to move back in with mother yesterday and I got majorly depressed. I even woke up depressed this morning. I almost considered giving up again on programming.

Lucky I was going though the game quitters channel and happened to click on the video about rewards.I just realized I've been really good about doing the programming and I've been off of the video games but I don't give myself credit for it.

Edited by none239

Day 34

I'm downgrading to cool showers for now. The fear of the cold shower is making me delay taking them.

One of the ideas I really believe in is that the way you do one thing, is the way you do everything.

So reflect on this. Where else in your life when you experience fear do you delay? Where else when you delay do you walk away?

The power in the cold showers isn't the effect of the cold showers. It's in you conquering your fear!

Day 34

One of the ideas I really believe in is that the way you do one thing, is the way you do everything.

So reflect on this. Where else in your life when you experience fear do you delay? Where else when you delay do you walk away?

The power in the cold showers isn't the effect of the cold showers. It's in you conquering your fear!

Day 34

I would do cold showers but they just make me feel awful.

Day 35 and 36

I'm going to take a break on the cold showers until things start to come together for me.

I moved back in with mom. Been having some major waves of depression but I noticed somthing interesting. Normally this would give me a huge craving for games but this time I'm not even thinking about them. I'm kind of supersized.

Day 37

I ended up staying up pretty late on day 36 till 2:00 AM. The last time I did this would have been before I started to quit gaming, since I would take 12 to 18 hours a day to game. I see why it's fall into the trap of gaming now. I woke up this morning with no energy or desire to do anything. Normally when I wake up feeling like that I just game the day away. Until 2 am. Repeatedly. I've been programming so regally that I actually feel bad about not doing it enough or not doing it at all. I think this is a good thing.

Day 37

I ended up staying up pretty late on day 36 till 2:00 AM. The last time I did this would have been before I started to quit gaming, since I would take 12 to 18 hours a day to game. I see why it's fall into the trap of gaming now. I woke up this morning with no energy or desire to do anything. Normally when I wake up feeling like that I just game the day away. Until 2 am. Repeatedly. I've been programming so regally that I actually feel bad about not doing it enough or not doing it at all. I think this is a good thing.

Yep, that's a lot of progress. Just keep it up until you'll maintain the life you really desire!

There's no place for video games in your life anymore!

Day  38

I gave the realtor my keys today officially tying myself  to mom. I felt hugely depressed but again I had no desire to play video games.

Hang in there. Emotions come and go, ups and downs, you can get through it. :)

It was bad but the fact that video games where the last thing on my mind kinda makes me happy.

Day 39

Day was pretty uneventful. Still need to tell my mother that I'm in debt and I may have to ask her to help me with it. I'm doing a lot more programming and I kinda feel like I'm better than I was in college.

Day 40

Day was uneventful again. Spent most if it with my grandfather trying to iron out family issues. Did not program.

Day 41

Realtor gave me huge bill for "repairs" that had to be done to the house after I left. I can't pay it. Bill was for a tree that fell on the fence that he claimed the realtor company would cover.

Day 46

Days have been uneventful. I noticed that I have very low energy levels when I stress right before I sleep. I have an ongoing family issues that cropped up literately right before I went to bed. I feel pretty crappy right now.

Day 47

Just realized that yesterday marked the consecutive  30th day without gaming. Gaming urges are starting to come back but they are completely different then they where in the past. In the past if I got an urge I HAD to stop and play the game. Now it's optional. I'm still going for the full 90 days.

I do kind of miss the games. I had one early access game that I had my eye on for a year that was very close to it's final version when I embarked on my no gaming journey. My urges revolve around that game. 

• rulesguy changed the title to 3rd time's a charm right?http://forum.gamequitters.com/topic/3415-3rd-times-a-charm-right/

Day 50

Been having some major family issues as of late. I want to play video games but the feeling is totally in my control now. I kind of worry myself since I find myself counting the days until my 90 days are up. I really want to play video games again.

Day 53

Had to stay with grandfather on day 51 since my step-grandmother had to go to the ER. I was there until about 4 am. Ever since then I've been feeling very tired thought the day. I have not gotten too much programming done.

Will start keeping log of sleeping habits and morning activities.

Day 58

Been having a lot more depression that usual. It's from the normal sources. Loneliness,money worries, family issues. Watching too much youtube.

Chart shows that I'm going too bed to late.

Edited by none239