NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

3rd time's a charm right?

none239

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 61

Been reading up on how to start an online business, save money, business ideas, ect. Having a lot of trouble with analysis

I feel pretty terrible right now. the past few days have been filled with very high highs and very low lows. But throughout it all I have not had any irresistible craving for games. I want to play games but it's optional.  I don't have to play them. I'm pretty proud of myself for that.

Today make 45 days of no games.

I just came to a realization. Dealing with life long depression is a lot of work. But I've been battling my faniacal problems. I'm still programming and I have not relapsed into gaming again. I've really been beating myself up for doing a good job. That's something I need to look out for.

Edited by none239

Day 62

Had unsually strong urge to game triggered by youtube. But not nearly as bad as it was in the past. I'm doing a better job of monitoring youtube time.

45 days is impressive, keep it up.  It seems like you are doing a good job of tracking your time, which helps inform your decisions.  That is the essence of improvement.  Are you keeping track of what you are grateful for anywhere? 

I have not. This may not be a bad idea.

Day 65

Been doing a LOT of study on forming an online business, and I took a few, shaky, baby steps. I noticed that my depression has dropped of tremendously.

Day 67

Did a lot more research and I'm very close to coming up with a solid business plan. I'm feeling pretty proud.

I realized that I may not be able to go back into gaming, even in moderation, since this would take critical time away from the business.

Day 71

One of the things I've been agonizing over for the past 6 months was my decision to quit my job. I'm trying to get my startup out of the mud now.

I just found out that the company I used to work for has just been bought out, and I would have lost my job in the merger.

I kind of knew, ok I was absolutely positive, that this would happen soon. We had a layoff, followed by constant threats of layoffs, and the heads of the company kept making outrageous price cutting demands. 

I feel a lot better about quitting. It led me to realize that I needed to quit gaming. And it made me realize the importance of having control over my income.  

Day 73

I made took the first steps in getting my online business going. I have never been so proud of myself in my life. 

I feel like the lessons I learned from quitting games and my long term depression has thought me valuable lessons that have put me on the path I'm on.

57 Days no games

Edited by none239

My new business made it's first 2 sales today. The dream is real. Quitting games has changed the way I look at the world.

76 Days no games

Congrats!!

Make that 3 sales!

Day 78

Went and visited people at old job. The company got bought out and they all expect to be fired in a few months. Ouch. I really dodged a bullet by leaving. A old friend of mine asked me what game I was playing. I lied and told him I was playing a game that came out over a year ago. I think he was skeptical. Had a long talk with my mother about the way things are going and our ongoing family struggles. She is fully supportive of my endeavor. She also asked about the games and I told her that I'm taking a break from gaming to work on business. Someday I will tell her the whole story about the addiction part but for now I don't want her to worry.