NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hi, I'm Kyle

Kyle

Hi everyone.

Welp, this has been a long time coming. I've been struggling with video game addiction (among other things) for many years now and it's time to quit. I just can't keep doing this to myself. The good news is I've had some small successes in the midst of my addiction and other problems. The bad news is that, overall, I've dug a hole for myself it's a long road ahead. But a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

It's late at night right now. Too late. And I'm tired. I just had a marathon gaming session and emerged the same way I always do: exhausted and regretful. It can't happen anymore.

I'm looking forward to sharing more in time, but I need some sleep. I'm hoping to add another voice to the discussion and support each other here.

Kyle

Hey Kyle! Awesome to have you join us here. One of my favorite quotes is that you can't grow from somewhere you're not. So the first step of recovery is acknowledging that you are where you are and to start working every day on improving one step at a time from that place. A to B, B to C, C to D.

This concept is talked about in The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson, which if you haven't read yet I would encourage you to. :)

Thanks, Cam! It's been interesting browsing the forums the last couple of days. A bunch of sharp, decent people with a common goal. Good vibes. :)

And I've seen The Slight Edge mentioned a number of times. Looks like a good one. I think I'll read it once I finish my current book (Mindsight by Daniel Siegel).

Awesome. How do you like Mindsight? I have it on my list as well.

I'm about half way done with it. The author seems to be the real deal, and the first section lays out a good case for the fact that thought patterns change the physical makeup of the brain. The middle third of the book comprises case studies, and I think it'll eventually discuss practices for mindfulness. Most of it is new to me, but I'm finding it to be good info and easily digestible. Recommended.

Awesome. How do you like Mindsight? I have it on my list as well.

I'm about half way done with it. The author seems to be the real deal, and the first section lays out a good case for the fact that thought patterns change the physical makeup of the brain. The middle third of the book comprises case studies, and I think it'll eventually discuss practices for mindfulness. Most of it is new to me, but I'm finding it to be good info and easily digestible. Recommended.

Awesome. Studying more about these concepts is perfect right now. It will help your recovery immensely. :)