NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Project: Trump Zone!

AlexTheGrape

Trump Zone – Trump your boundaries!

This is a system I have developed in an attempt to get people (kids/teenagers in particular) to try new challenging things and get outside their comfort zone. This is done through providing the challenges based on their desired areas of improvement (or generic ones if they don’t specify any) and incentives to pursue these. It could possibly be used for older people, but at this stage is unlikely. Please note that much of the system theme (of Donald Trump), intentional misspellings, and memes are part of the jokes of Trump Zone, intended to loosen the seriousness of self-development.

Here is a video of myself and my little brother doing a ‘refresher activity’ (read about that below) and I hope to add more videos soon of us using the system further. 
If this is a successful system I plan to develop software for it as a personal/university project.

I’d greatly appreciate any advice and support. Thanks for reading and I hope you find the idea interesting!

Key:
Trumper – A person who participates in Trump Zone that does not organize Trump Zone.
Organizer – A person who organizes the challenges and rewards of local Trumper(s).
TT – Trump Token. This is a physical item that can be exchanged for rewards.

Here’s how it works:

Setup
There is one ‘organizer’ at a time (typically a parent or person older than the Trumper(s)) (this person may be swapped) who writes challenges for Trumpers of three difficulties: Ezy, Meh, and Waow difficulty (easy, medium, and hard respectively). These challenges are intended for a specific person when written, however multiple copies of the same challenge are sometimes used to give to multiple people. These challenges are classified by their difficulty and put in an appropriate box of challenges that difficulty, each box being for a unique person (no two people should draw out of the same box, so each person has their own three boxes of ezy, meh, and waow).

Drawing challenges
Near the start of each day when Trumper(s) and an organizer is ready, Trumper(s) draw a random challenge from a box of a difficulty of their choice. They can then complete the challenge within a time frame decided on a case-by-case basis by the organizer (by default it is the whole day however for urgency or incentive to get on with the challenge, the organizer can create a time frame).
This challenge cannot be redrawn, and is unavailable to be completed after the day or the time frame set by the organizer. It will likely be unavailable to retry on later days (decided by the organizer).

Completing challenges
On the challenge paper slip drawn out of the box, it explains the challenge, a reference to any additional information needed, and the reward for completing the challenge. Typically the reward for completing an ezy challenge is 1 Trump Token (TT), 2TT for meh, and 3TT for waow difficulty. The completion of challenges is decided by an organizer. A Trumper may think they have completed a challenge through poor quality completion, and so it is important that a satisfactory quality of completion set by an organizer is met. Upon completing a challenge, the organizer awards a Trumper the predetermined number of TT according to what is written on their challenge slip.

Rewards
Rewards for cashing in TT are predetermined by the organizer, and the prices of these items (only the name needs to be shown and price) available for Trumpers to view. The prices of these are biased towards things that are helpful to the Trumpers, and biased against rewards that are potentially harmful (e.g. chocolates, unhealthy food, video games). Careful thought and planning may be needed to provide helpful rewards for Trumpers. These can typically be disguised as ‘mystery items’ that are relatively cheap in TT price but Trumpers don’t know what they’re getting until after they buy it.

More challenges in a day
If a Trumper has completed a challenge and would like to attempt another challenge, they need to do a ‘refresher task’ improvised or predetermined by the organizer. This will likely require exercise, but is aimed towards areas of improvement desired by the Trumper. After satisfactory completion of this refresher task (determined by the organizer) grants the Trumper another challenge. Note that an organizer may opt to not have a refresher task to encourage further use of Trump Zone by Trumpers.

Edited by AlexTheGrape
Added video link

Maybe call it Push Zone ( or somnthing else relateted to comfortzone widening) isntead of Trump Zone to avoid beeing mistaken with a trump supporting program ( your political side doesn't really mattre it jsut should represents what it actually does). I read your Statement about it but I guess many People won't find it funny but get offended/confused by it or never even check it out because of that name. But maybe I undestimate today's youth. Just my humble opinion.

I think one difficulty is to find the right measurment of difficulty for the challenges. What for one man is impossible is for another easy or comfortable.  for example "speaking with a stranger". Some extrovert People do taht all teh tiem and ahve no Problem wiht it. Other more introvert People get sweaty Hand jsut thinking about that.

Possible solution: I would let the Trumpers rate challenges out of a pool of challenges first and give them Labels while excluding things they can't imagine in their wildest dreams to fulfill (Maybe: give an impromptu theatrical Improvisation in a crowded bus). Maybe this should be supervisioned by the organizer so they could clear up challenges and challenge People to overthink their rating with some helpful questions. How do you feel imagine yourself doing that thing? etc..#

I really like the idea of youthful People challenging each other out of their comfort zones. This is kind of the spirit off the starting days of PUA.  Taking the great and leaving the questionable things out :).

Addition: You mentione that your twin brother doesn't liek the diea of you telling him what to do. I think ti could eb a great idea of having a rotational system so that the organisator is a trumper too. If you ge pushed out of your comfot Zone that can be fun. But ti will be infinetly more fun if the dude pushing you would also have to do such "strange" things and you can watch him doing it:)

Edited by WorkInProgress
additional thought

Possible solution: I would let the Trumpers rate challenges out of a pool of challenges first and give them Labels while excluding things they can't imagine in their wildest dreams to fulfill (Maybe: give an impromptu theatrical Improvisation in a crowded bus). Maybe this should be supervisioned by the organizer so they could clear up challenges and challenge People to overthink their rating with some helpful questions. How do you feel imagine yourself doing that thing? etc..#

Cool idea!

Maybe call it Push Zone ( or somnthing else relateted to comfortzone widening) isntead of Trump Zone to avoid beeing mistaken with a trump supporting program ( your political side doesn't really mattre it jsut should represents what it actually does). I read your Statement about it but I guess many People won't find it funny but get offended/confused by it or never even check it out because of that name. But maybe I undestimate today's youth. Just my humble opinion.

I think one difficulty is to find the right measurment of difficulty for the challenges. What for one man is impossible is for another easy or comfortable.  for example "speaking with a stranger". Some extrovert People do taht all teh tiem and ahve no Problem wiht it. Other more introvert People get sweaty Hand jsut thinking about that.

I really like the idea of youthful People challenging each other out of their comfort zones. This is kind of the spirit off the starting days of PUA.  Taking the great and leaving the questionable things out :).

Addition: You mentione that your twin brother doesn't liek the diea of you telling him what to do. I think ti could eb a great idea of having a rotational system so that the organisator is a trumper too. If you ge pushed out of your comfot Zone that can be fun. But ti will be infinetly more fun if the dude pushing you would also have to do such "strange" things and you can watch him doing it:)

Thank you for your detailed advice, I really appreciate it!

Yeah the name needs changing, but that should be easy in comparison to making this system work.

Hmm yeah that is a very good point, what is easy for some will be difficult for others. The rating of pooled tasks by participants (I won't call them Trumpers anymore) would be a wonderful idea. This could solve quite a few issues, and may make it viable for teenagers and adults. I'll need to put in more processes for this but the idea is great. The issue then would be the collaboration side when people disagree on the difficulty of a task, but I guess a voting system should work for that.

Yes the rotation idea is great, it would work with larger groups as well. I might try this with people more similar to my own age too, as they'd likely need and be more willing to try self-development.

Thank you again for the advice, this will help a lot! :D

Chocolate unhealthy?! Heretic! Heretic! Light up the fire pit! :D

Sounds like a boy's scout club revisited. I liked it!

Haha yeah chocolate is really healthy when you eat a whole zero grams of it :D

I've never been part of a scout's club. What things seemed similar to what you know of them?

@AlexTheGrape Neither did I, but from what I've seen on movies and cartoons, you get badges knitted on your jumper for the challenges you win (kind of like the army where the the generals have their chest full of fancy badges).

I'd rename it to "Real Virtuality" and try to get the hype on VR. :)

The audio of the video was a bit low, you might want to look at it for the next ones!

Ok, Is this going to be a "forum game" ?

If you mean it's something on the forum in general, then yes. Otherwise I'm not sure what you're saying.

I meant, how can we play the trump zone game ?

It is in the initial stages so I didn't expect anyone in the forum to want to play. If you'd like some resources to set up the TZ system then I can send some resources your way. You'd basically just need to make some Trump Tokens from printed paper (with token images I send you) and cardboard, scrap paper, ice cream containers for boxes, scrap paper, pens, and your imagination. If you want to try it that'd be awesome, just let me know if you want any resources or ideas of previous challenges I've made.

@AlexTheGrape Neither did I, but from what I've seen on movies and cartoons, you get badges knitted on your jumper for the challenges you win (kind of like the army where the the generals have their chest full of fancy badges).

I'd rename it to "Real Virtuality" and try to get the hype on VR. :)

The audio of the video was a bit low, you might want to look at it for the next ones!

Yes I was thinking of a ranking system for when/if I make a software component for mobile. I see the connection, thanks for pointing that out.

That is a good name! It might get confusing for some people but with some tweaking like the "Real Virtuality Challenge" for when I have a software component to the system, it could work well!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll check it out :)