NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Time for something new

Stevec2283

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to return any time, you don't need to put any effort here to be welcome!

Just write your journal, when you feel like it. It doesn't need to be daily or spectacular - who's is? And it doesn't always need to be about gaming, quitting gaming also means getting all that other shit straight, it's the void it creates that needs tending.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been just about 2 weeks since I walked away from Gamequitters and I've had some time to try and sort out things. I did have a temporary relapse but I was able to take back control. I restarted my game free life on Feb 26 so as of later today it will be 10 days.

I really want to be successful this time around  but I'm not going to get too ahead of myself and I'm going to take it one day at a time. I realize that this isn't going to be easy but I know that it'll be possible.

Thanks again for your continued support and also for not giving up on me when I had given up on myself.

Hey Steve, I just returned to gamequitters for a little learning break and to catch up a bit on you guys and see that you returned again.

Awesome. You are here the third time and thats something you can be proud of. Sure you relapsed but you reflected about your decision and came back from it again and again. Also your gamefree periods get longer and longer and I am sure you achieve more then you think in these periods where you otherwise would gamed away your time. Even if it maybe doesn't seem like a lot of progress but you did make progress and I am proud of you!

Well nugh said... Tomorow is my hopefully last exam so wish me luck ;). 

Hey Steve, I just returned to gamequitters for a little learning break and to catch up a bit on you guys and see that you returned again.

Awesome. You are here the third time and thats something you can be proud of. Sure you relapsed but you reflected about your decision and came back from it again and again. Also your gamefree periods get longer and longer and I am sure you achieve more then you think in these periods where you otherwise would gamed away your time. Even if it maybe doesn't seem like a lot of progress but you did make progress and I am proud of you!

Well nugh said... Tomorow is my hopefully last exam so wish me luck ;). 

Welcome back and thank you for your continued support. Also, all the best with your exam.

Edited by Stevec2283

It has been just about 2 weeks since I walked away from Gamequitters and I've had some time to try and sort out things. I did have a temporary relapse but I was able to take back control. I restarted my game free life on Feb 26 so as of later today it will be 10 days.

I really want to be successful this time around  but I'm not going to get too ahead of myself and I'm going to take it one day at a time. I realize that this isn't going to be easy but I know that it'll be possible.

Thanks again for your continued support and also for not giving up on me when I had given up on myself.

One day at a time, that's the key. 

Today is day 12 that I've been Game Free and its been going pretty well. So far today I've had no urges to play video games, the thought hasn't even entered my mind. It seems as if I'm picking up momentum but I'm not going get too ahead of myself. 

I know that the journey is going to be a long one but I know that it's possible for me to be successful.

2 weeks today????

My day has been pretty good, it has been a pretty relaxing day. I never really had any urges for gaming but I did have some moments where I felt a little down but I didn't let it get the better of me. 

I'm going to continue to fight to reach my first goal of completing the 90 day detox.

Keep fighting to reach your goals 

"Leave the Pixel World and Enter the Real World."

Today is day 21 Game Free, it hasn't been easy but I've been fighting hard. There have been days that haven't been productive as I would have liked to had been but the main thing is that I haven't played any games. With that being said I have watched some game related videos but strangely enough they didn't cause me to want to game. 

I know that it still won't be a walk in the park but I'm determined to keep going this time. In the past I feel that I may have given in a little too easy but I'm going to keep fighting. I'm going to try and remain positive and also to try and be more productive each day. 

@Mhyrion I agree with what you said in one of your previous comments, if I can do it one day, I can do it any day.

After 21 days I feel as if I can keep pushing forward but I'm not going to become too overconfident and I'm just going to take it the way I should, which is one day at a time.

I've decided though that I'm not going to do a daily journal but I will post updates from time to time. 

Hope you all have a great day and keep fighting to reach your goals.

Day 23

It was a pretty good day but I did have some moments throughout the day that I had the urge to game but I didn't. 

For the past few days  I've been really lacking motivation in doing much of anything and I've been wasting a lot of time. I guess I'm just going through a bit of a rough patch right now, but I have to keep fighting through it. 

Today I did watch a few gaming related videos but then I realized that it was only going to make things harder so I stopped after only 1 or 2 videos. YouTube is a good service but it also can waste a lot of time. 

No matter how hard it is, I'll keep working towards my first goal which is to complete the 90 day detox.

Keep it up Steve! You showed willpower and self awareness by shutting the video stream path down--there are a ton of people who can't do that when mindlessly scrolling on their smartphones or computers.  Are you supporting your life changes with meditation or anything else?

@LuminousBean Though I'be been able to stop the gaming streams after a short time, I still find myself watching other videos which also can take up a lot of time. It's a constant work in progress to limit the amount of time I spend browsing the internet. 

As to what I'm doing to support my life changes, I'm not really doing anything special, just taking it one day at a time. 

Edited by Stevec2283

@LuminousBean Though I'be been able to stop the gaming streams after a short time, I still find myself watching other videos which also can take up a lot of time. It's a constant work in progress to limit the amount of time I spend browsing the internet. 

As to what I'm doing to support my life changes, I'm not really doing anything special, just taking it one day at a time. 

I'm exactly where you are with the mindless browsing. I spend far too much time on wikipedia/netflix!

If it's possible, it might be a good idea to schedule some regular time away from your house. It's the easiest way to remove the temptation to sit at your computer and waste time.The library is a good choice if you like to read, or have schoolwork or art you can work on. 

Day 26

I've been doing good, this is the longest that I've been able to go without gaming. I have more free time now and I'm trying to be more productive with my time and I've had some success but it's a constant work in progress.

What I plan to do is to try and go back to what I did before which is to plan out my days, so I can keep track of where my time is being spent. Also when the weather starts to get better for walking, I will get back into a routine of walking.

Right now I feel like I'm gaining momentum but I won't get too ahead of myself and continue to take things one day at a time.

Today is 30 days Game Free ????

It hasn't been easy, and I've had good days as well as bad days but I haven't let my emotions get the better of me. Since I quit gaming I've had a lot more free time and have had to try and manage my time more effectively. Some days were more productive than others and some days I didn't feel like doing anything, but it's a work in progress. 

I will keep working towards the 90 day detox and then to go beyond that to quit gaming forever. I will take everything one step at a time.  

Thanks to everyone for your continued support. ????

Today is day 34, and though I've been away from playing console video games, I have played a few online games over the past few days(ie. Facebook games)

Now I'm going to learn from this and move forward. How easy it is to get caught up in gaming regardless of the source. 

This time around I'm going to do my best to avoid gaming, no matter the source. 

Today is Day 37 and I'm still Free from console games but have played other games as I've said before. I think that if things keep going the way they're going now, I'm going to relapse and go back to console games as well. I was doing so well, but gradually gaming has been creeping back into my life.

I want to keep going and keep fighting but I don't feel as confident as I did before.

Hey Steve! I am sad to hear you relapsed on facebook games. But I believe in your strength to stay away from them! You've managed 34 days so you can do 1 day too! Coincidence perhaps, but my highest streak to remain completely game-free is 34 days. So we are rivals now *maniacal laugh*. No, but seriously, let's both beat our past selves and streaks!
Also finding activities to replace some of the needs games provide for you really helps. I am sure others have already said this in your journal, but I am just going to repeat it :) Acknowledging games provided in some of your needs and then finding and filling those in other, ultimately more rewarding activities is really worthwhile. Continue fighting!

Well now it's right back to square one for me, this will be day 1 in my Game Free life. After a streak of 34 days, I will reflect on what helped me be successful in the past and learn from it.

@Mhyrion I appreciate your support and believing in me even though I've lost my confidence.  Let's beat this together and help each other wherever we can.

Also to everyone else, thank you for your support as well and I will also support you however I can. We all share a common goal and that is to remove gaming from our lives.

Let's leave behind what weighs us down and continue pressing forward. 

As I said previously I've lost my confidence and now I'm not even sure I can beat this anymore. This on top of everything else that I'm dealing with is weighing me down. Gaming to me was a way for me to unwind and to push everything to one side, even temporarily. Even over the 34 days that I was game free I had really difficult days that were a roller coaster of emotions. Some days would be good and others I would be at a very low point. I really feel overwhelmed at this point and I did say that I was going to keep fighting but I really feel that I can't fight anymore. I feel that I should step away from Gamequitters and try to figure this one out on my own, rather than bombard you with my struggles. 

I will at least give it some time before I make my final decision. Sorry for another rant or for sounding like a broken record????

@Matthias

You're right, I shouldn't give up and I really need to find things to do that will be an emotional outlet for me. Also I need to look back and see what helped me to be successful in the past. Thanks for helping me to see the need to keep fighting. 

When I made yesterday's post I really wasn't thinking clearly and my emotions were getting the better of me and telling me I couldn't do it.

I need to think of it this way, things will get better with time. No matter how many times I fall, the important thing is that I keep getting back up. With that said I did have another relapse into gaming yesterday but today is a new day. 

This is day 1 of my Game Free life and sure it's going to be hard but also it is possible for me to beat this. 

Edited by Stevec2283

Just a little quick update on how I'm doing:

Today is the start of Day 3 for me and I'm doing well so far. The past few days have been good and I haven't had any urges for gaming. I've also occupied my time with other things such as reading and I'm going to try and incorporate other activities, but at first I'm going to limit them, so I don't overwhelm myself with too much. Hope you all have a good day and keep fighting to reach your goals.