NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Time for something new

Stevec2283

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 8 today and so far my day is going good. I've gotten most of what I had scheduled to do done and even things I didn't have scheduled.Ā 

So far I haven't had any cravings for gaming because I've kept myself busy with more important things. I was able to do some reading, get a workout in and even do a few things around the house.Ā 

This time around I've been better at being more organized and wasting less time, though on occasion I still occupy myself with things that are not really productive. I'm still working on this and I know that it's going to be something that I'll have to keep continually working at and that it will only get better with time.

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Game Free Days: 8

You're doing great Steve! Keep it up. :)

Thanks...One reason I think that I'm doing well this time around as opposed to the other times is thatĀ I'm planning things and not just doing things based on how I feel.Ā 

There are still times that I may not always do the right thing and do something less productive but it's aĀ work in progress.Ā 

Ā 

Today is going good so far, not much on the go today. So far I haven't had any urges for gaming.

Last night I wasted time watching videos on YouTube, but I will continue to work on this though and not allow it to become a springboard which will propel me back into gaming(ie. Gaming Streams). Though I've been able to avoid watching Gaming streams, I've still spent time watching videos on YouTube that really don't help me in any way or teach me anything. When watching videos on YouTube, time passes by so fast and it's ok if you're actually learning something but other than that it is useless. Sorry for my YouTube rantĀ xD

I think that I because I've been able to stay on track with my schedule I may try to incorporate some more activities that I can use as a way to keep myself from gaming or even thinking about Gaming. I've been thinking that maybe I'll be more regular at playing guitar or even get back into regular study of a Japanese which is a language that I've been learning.

"TheĀ journeyĀ won't be easy, it takes time and effort to reach yourĀ destination."

Ā 

Game Free Days: 12

Ā 

I think that I because I've been able to stay on track with my schedule I may try to incorporate some more activities that I can use as a way to keep myself from gaming or even thinking about Gaming. I've been thinking that maybe I'll be more regular at playing guitar or even get back into regular study of a Japanese which is a language that I've been learning.

Great idea. Keeping yourself busy is a strong tactic to keep away from gaming and doing so while learning new skills is added bonus! It might also provide a relaxed evening activity to replace Youtube hours.

Ā 

2 weeks agoĀ today I left gaming. It hasn't been easy and sure there have been days that have been stressful but I'll continue to fight no matter how hard it is. It's easier to start a habit than it is to break one.

Time is too precious to be wasted so I will try my hardest to keep from wasting it. Gaming might be able to distract you from whatever you might be dealing with but it doesn't change anything.Ā 

"Keep fighting to reach your goals."

Ā 

Game Free Days: 14

Edited by Stevec2283

If you can do it one day, you can do any other day. I know you can. Remind yourself why you are doing this if you feel like giving up, and what you have accomplished so far. Even though emotional you might feel burdened, you can rationally see the change you already have made in your life. And if youĀ“re a rollercoaster like me, after a down always comes an up. Perhaps next time youĀ“re up you can come up with a plan to make down times more bearable or last shorter. For me it had a lot to do with having no energy to do things and being in a vulnerable decision making state when having no energy. So I looked for ways to improve energy levels. For you it might also be energy, but perhaps something else that you can find out and work on.

@MhyrionĀ Thanks for your encouragement!!! Sometimes I Ā also feel like I have no energy to do things. I think another reasonĀ might be the different other things I'm dealing with are causing me problems. Sometimes I feel so that overwhelmed with everything and that's why I feel like giving up. But I have to stay strong and keep up the fight.

Day 19 is coming to a close and it has been an okay day and I'm still not gaming. I've really been struggling and it seems as if I'm having more bad days than good ones.Ā 

I think that the other personal things that I'm dealing with is what is making it more difficult for me but perhaps I'm only Ā thinking of gaming as a way out.Ā 

Edited by Stevec2283

Today is day 20, so far so good and I'm not gaming but my mind is still trying to tell me that it's ok to be gaming. This morning I wasn't home so I didn't have time to think about gaming but since I've gotten home gaming has been in my mind.

As I've said before I want to stop gaming but I overwhelmed in trying to quit gaming and also balance the other things I'm contending with. I feel that I need to focus on one thing at aĀ time. I'm really at a loss as to how I should deal with everything.Ā 

Sorry for my rant but it's just so frustrating that I'm having so much of a struggle in kicking this. I've been so tempted to go back to gaming but what would that really accomplish? Nothing only a temporary escape from what I'm dealing with.

Game Free Days: 20

Ā 

Sorry to see you struggle. It could help to keep a gratitude list in this journal, or anywhere really. For me, even if I did not do much in the start of quitting gaming, starting and ending the day in a grateful state of mind was really helpful. It can be the simplest things, you don't actually need to have accomplished anything that day to still appreciate things in your life. Like, I am grateful having hands to type this message with :P

I've been really thinking as to what I should do and I've decided that I'm going to step away from Gamequitters. I feel that this may be best at the moment so that I can prioritize some of theĀ things I'm dealing withĀ and focus on those first.

Sorry that I wasn't as supportive as I should be,Ā but I hope that you'll all continue to fight to reach your goals.Ā 

Even though my time here was short I appreciate all the support that I was given. Thanks for everything and maybe one day I may return.