NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

How to get more attention online?

ifyouknowyouknow

Hoyaa people!

So I'm around my 25th day of Detox (YAY!)

I've completely quit playing and deleted my games on steam. (I've recently played some Wii Tennis with some friends which I really don't see as GAMING, but tell me otherwise).

So I am looking for methods to get more attention online towards my youtube channel?

Any good places to post on forums etc?

Any tips on Thumbnail making, graphics etc?

Maybe some of you know how to make channel banners?

I've discovered that this channel I created has become a passion of mine but being the Ego guy I am I of course want others to see my videos. But these days it's so hard starting from 0.

Push me over the Edge guys!  :) 

Hey man, congrats!

Some pointers for YouTube:

- If you're not competent with graphics and you don't know anyone that can help, Fiverr is probably one of the best places to go. Costs a few dollars to get whatever graphic you need completing. I've used them a bunch before!

- SEO. Search Engine Optimisation is a big thing on Google. As google own YouTube, you can probably guess it plays a big part in that. It basically uses algorithms to rank certain videos higher than others, depending on what keyword they use. For example, a video such as "How to start a business" would use the keyword 'how to start a business', this is known as a long tail keyword, but there will also be a lot of other people using this keyword. If, however, you had a video such as "how to paint dogs swimming in their underwear" and had that as a keyword, you can probably bet not many people are using it, and as a result; if someone searched for "how to paint dogs swimming in their underwear" you'd probably be the highest ranked video.

Now the key to this is to make sure you use interesting titles and using the right tags. People like simple, attention grabbing titles with a clear keyword toward the start of the video. E.g, "Lose weight easily with these easy low-calorie meals" is better than "These low-calorie meals will help you lose weight easily" if the keyword is Lose weight easily. Also, when you're uploading videos, tag the s*** out of it. A really useful website is this one. Type in a keyword and it'll give you a load of the top related tags to place on your video. 

If you need more help with this feel free to ask, it sounds a lot more complicated than it is!

- Social media. things like Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook are brilliant ways to increase YouTube traffic. Use twitter to interact with other YouTubers in your niche, follow people that post about things in your niche, etc. Instagram is good for developing an audience, same with Pinterest, but these can be time-consuming. If you'd like more advice on these two I can help, but it's not the easiest! Facebook I've found to be a mixed bag. Do some research and see what suits you!

- And last but not least, and probably THE most important thing. Consistency.  Google loves consistent schedules. Whether it's once a week, twice a week, every two weeks, whatever. As long as you consistently post videos for a long period of time, you'll rank higher. mUch higher. Notice how when you search something on Google and the same sites tend to pop up? (Wikipedia) They've been around for so long and there're millions of pages on their site. 

Don't worry too much about quality and perfection. Just keep posting, improve as you go, and things will start to get better!

Hope this helps you a bit. Like I said I'm always around to offer advice :)  Keep going, and good luck! We're rooting for you.

Awesome! Hey perhaps you could add me on skype? Post me a private message if you'd like so :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...