NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Im New, a Few Words and a Few More

Wolf

Hello everyone. My name is Ben, and I, probably like a lot of you, have a serious issue with gaming. 

Video games is something I initially started getting into when I was about 11 or 12 years old. Since then it developed into this sort escape for me. You see, i moved from a small town into a big city and it was not easy by any means. I started playing games excessively, mainly as a way to push reality away, to just be at peace once again. There were no fears or worries when I was slaying those Colossi til 3am in the morning.

And I've pretty much been gaming ever since, on and off, as I've been trying to quit for quite some time. I really enjoy life, and going and doing things progressively. But somehow I find myself, playing games til 3am in the morning, still. 

So..since I should just get to the point, as I've probably passed the "a few words" limit, I joined this forum in the hope of finding more strength and advice to continue on the road of game quitting, and I would really appreciate all the advice anybody is willing to give me. And specifically to this question: How do you not return to video games time and time again? In the boredom of the night or day, how do you not want to play video games? Thanks.:P

Welcome Ben!

I felt the exact same way as you did in the beginning, but I've found my purpose now which is Fitness and I really see it as a real life game. Instead of leveling up my characters in game I try to level myself up right now by reading books/meditating/working out/connecting with friends/sports/girls etc. I'm sure this may sound weird or boring to you at first. It did to me at least, but things will change for the better and you will live a happy and fulfilling life outside of games if you really want to. This forum is a step in the right direction and I'm looking forward to go on the journey with you together and if you have any questions we're here to help you out! 

Much love from The Netherlands - Robin <3!

Welcome to the community 

As many others have said there is a lot of information about your problem in the forums. You may also want to watch cams videos where he tackles most if not all of the typical quitting issues 

Last but not least if you can spare some bucks " respawn" cams book is a very good tool for those who want to quit and need some better guidance.

Heck I still read it after my 90 days ;)

Welcome Ben!

If I could only give one piece of advice, it would be to get busy(and I don't mean busy playing the games or watching streams). It's very easy to get sucked back into gaming/procrastination when you don't have a goal to start with. When you have responsibilities, you can't afford to get bored or game late into the night. A job, school, or even volunteering. Hobbies on the other hand won't solve the problem because at the end of the day they are hobbies, and on the same priority level of gaming, and they obviously won't be as tempting as gaming, which is why a lot of people get sucked back into it when all they do is pick up a hobby. You need to do more than that.

I would even go as far as to say, if you don't find a sense of responsibility in life, sooner or later you will go back to gaming, in that alternate reality. People on this forum achieved all sorts of amazing things after quitting the game: some go into public speaking, some are working towards starting a YouTube channel(not gaming related)/company, some are attending university, some find a job, some become parents and learn to tend to their children... I hope to see you join this list soon, you can do it!

Hi Ben, welcome to our community. I was earlier than you few days to come here. You will soon found that people in here are helpful and friendly. I recommand you join the 90days detox and watch Cam's youtube video, they are useful for you  and solve some of your problems.