NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

The Warrior's Infinite Opus

Schwing

Hello!

Detox day: 45

NoFap day ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ): 3

I'm proud of you and your counters. 1/2 NoGame detox and 1/30 NoFap detox done!

Keep that in mind! This will help you a lot on your journey.

Thoughts and Feelings:

• Got up very late again. But earlier

Even when you do, it's still not the end of the world! All lies beneath your morning routine. Did you follow it or not? :)

Almost forgot to post today

Almost makes a real difference as I see ;)

I told mum the truth about how I feel about my father. She was very understanding 

That's how our parents, kinda, hm, supports you? I have similar situation when I told them about my physiological symptoms of neurosis. They were really understanding and they are even now :)

I had a lively conversation with my parents at lunch. I have been trying to stop avoiding conversation lately

That's super awesome, probably one of the benefit of NoFap (even for 3 days) is that you're more open to other people! :)

I am halfway through my detox! Thanks to GQ I have been able to make so much progress in such a short space of time. Everybody on this site are awesome people and I enjoy reading your stories. Really this is a special place where lots of people share their struggles and reach new heights. It's been a pleasure knowing all of you.

True 100% bro. I really like your attitude towards detox. Halfway means you're still on the journey and that's the best attitude to abstain from games.

Tasks and Achievements:

• 100 push-ups
  • Project
  • Painted my shelf
  • Drums
  • Washing up

Wow, you have to either be really light or have a lot of power to do 100 push-ups! I barely do 20! :D

Btw. what kind music are playing on your drums? Do you have it at home? Electronic or acoustic?

What I am grateful for:

• Metal
  • Chocolate

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania metal chocolate

Awesome combo!

What I have learnt from today:

• I don't need to wank. Like at all ever. It's just energy.
  • I am happier when I make an effort to connect with people. I need to tackle my social anxiety.

I recommend you doing what I do for a long time.

Especially during days when I have a lot of work/study to deal with.

During a break I call one of my friend/family member to just make a little conversation.

This way you can tackle your social anxiety: By dealing wih your fear with courage and do it systematically every day.

About tomorrow:

• Get up early
  • Don't wank
  • Focus when studying
  • Stay consistent with your goals
  • Be productive
  • I still need to look into going down to my local climbing centre in the holidays

What to you mean by getting up early? 5 a.m? :D Be more precised to achieve what you want :)

When do you have time to go down to local climbing centre? This way it'll easier to manage your tasks. ;)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@hycniejsy Nice post mate. Very helpful thank you.

Wow, you have to either be really light or have a lot of power to do 100 push-ups! I barely do 20! :D

Btw. what kind music are playing on your drums? Do you have it at home? Electronic or acoustic?

I do 50 in the morning and 50 before I go to bed. And yes I am very light- only 8 stone (51kg). I have been trying to change that though. It's weird because I don't look super skinny and I have decent strength.

My drum set is a cheap second hand acoustic (Pearl) with a standard setup. I've been playing a year. This is what I been playing:

Learning from tab: In Flames - Dialogue With The Stars

Learning by ear: I Hate Myself - Song #1

From sheet music: Paramore - Brick By Boring Brick

Detox day: 46

NoFap day ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ): 4

Woke up at:

12:30

Thoughts and Feelings:

• Got up very late again.

Tasks and Achievements:

• 100 push-ups
  • Project
  • Put a shelf in my wardrobe
  • Drums
  • Tidied up my room

What I am grateful for:

• Metal
  • My step dad helping me with that shelf. 
  • Nice tidy room. Everything is organised now.

• This objective thing in my signature really helps me prioritise my hobbies.

About tomorrow:

• Get up at 8
  • I still need to look into going down to my local climbing centre in the holidays
  • Going shopping. Gonna buy some CDs noiiiice. Fuck Spotify it's a corporate pile of shite.
  • Work

0/750 New German words

"Krieger" [pronounced like "cree-ger"] - Warrior

"endlos" [ant-lows] - infinite

"Opus" [oh-puss] or "Werk" [wehrk] - Opus / work / piece of work (in art and craftsmanship)

"Des Kriegers endloses Werk" or more poetical: "Des Kriegers endlos' Werk" - "The warrior's infinite opus".

If you want me to, I can record phrases for you; words or such, if you ever need something explained, translated or pronounced.

Edited by Robert Arctor

I didn't post yesterday because I felt ill. But I feel a bit better now. To summarise what happened yesterday:

I went shopping with my mum's boyfriend. We talked on the way about my father. Very thought provoking conversation. I spent £100 on CDs . I REGRET NOTHING!!! I also bought this denim jacket thing which I will use to make my battle vest (if you don't know what it is Google it). Pretty cool because it has a hood and sleeves. My first patch is the iron cross of Germany which I got when I visited the Luftwaffe on a summer camp with air cadets in Germany. I felt really sick at work but I got through the night fine.

14832304749981531061306.jpg

Detox day: 48

NoFap day ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ): 6

Woke up at:

13:30

Thoughts and Feelings:

• Got up very late again. But I needed the sleep.
  • So I was finding it hard to study today. I kept goofing off and looking at metal stuff.
  • Beat the urge to wank with push-ups again

Tasks and Achievements:

• 100 push-ups
  • Project
  • Little bit of drums

What I am grateful for:

• Metal

• I have to beat procrastination if I want to get my work done before school

About tomorrow:

• Get up at 10
  • I still need to look into going down to my local climbing centre
  • Do project work.
Edited by Schwing

Detox day: 49

NoFap day ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ): 7

Woke up at:

12:15

Thoughts and Feelings:

• Got up very late again. Damn I fell asleep after my alarm
  • I got quite a bit of studying done but I slacked off towards the end
  • Tried to send a text off to my father but I couldn't do it. I felt really distressed for some reason. I got some more courage later but I still didn't manage to press the send button. I don't know if now is the best time to talk to him as I have a lot of studying to do.
  • 1 week of no fap motherfuckers!!!! I wouldn't have made it without all the amazing support from you guys! I still have a way to go though.
  • I had a conversation with a steam friend. I don't think he really understood why I quit games but he was really cool about it.

Tasks and Achievements:

• 100 push-ups
  • Project

What I am grateful for:

• Metal
  • Sunday dinner

• I think I am making up excuses not to contact my father.

About tomorrow:

• Get up at 9
  • Do project work.

Gratz on the seven days! And on the 7 weeks of detox!

I don't know what efforts you already make in order of getting up with your alarm, but I find it really helpful to put the alarm/my phone out of my reach. Putting it in the other end of the room forces me to get up and out from my warm covers in order of turning it of. Sometimes I am tempted to go back to bed anyways, but then a couple of pushups, lunges or something similar wakes up my body. Don't know if it'll help, but it sure does for me ;-)

@qwethm987 thanks I'll try this out.

@Zeliow I couldn't give you a definite answer but every time I started doubting myself and having negative thoughts I countered them by rationalising and saying stuff in my head like "No fuck you, you are an awesome because <insert reasons I am awesome here>". The thing is when you are depressed and self hatey (as I call it) you will take anything and try and turn it against yourself- even if it is completely irrational. Try and make ammunition against your depression so you can say "remember that time when...?" whenever you feel inadequate.

Detox day: 50

NoFap day ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ): 8

Woke up at:

12:15

Thoughts and Feelings:

• Got up very late again. O_O
  • Did some studying. My project is well almost done.
  • Talked a bit with a steam friend. He is from Sweden, Gothenburg which is the home of some of my favourite bands

Tasks and Achievements:

• 100 push-ups
  • Project

What I am grateful for:

• Metal
  • Whatever this is
  • My friend for taking the time to talk to me. I think I take this for granted.

• I could do with a little more structure as to how I approach my studies. I have been trying to focus solely on studying for now but I often drift off into browsing the internet.

About tomorrow:

• Get up at 9
  • Do project work

I like it 

@Zeliow I couldn't give you a definite answer but every time I started doubting myself and having negative thoughts I countered them by rationalising and saying stuff in my head like "No fuck you, you are an awesome because <insert reasons I am awesome here>". The thing is when you are depressed and self hatey (as I call it) you will take anything and try and turn it against yourself- even if it is completely irrational. Try and make ammunition against your depression so you can say "remember that time when...?" whenever you feel inadequate.

Thanks for the answer. I sometimes get into this state of self hate where im like  "fuck everything it doesnt matter anyway" and it usually takes a long time to get out of it.