NEW INTERVIEW: How Pauline Narvas Overcame Gaming Addiction to Become a Programmer and Build an Incredible Life!

Sign in to follow this  
hycniejsy

1000 DAYS CHALLENGE

2 Cameron's videos translated!

Thank you man! Truly, really appreciate it! 

Welcome again! :)

I think we should also do any announcement on the Internet to get Poles to these videos. Because most people from poland would seek solution in their native tongue. Is there any possibility to give any information about video's title in Polish too? Or just a switch button to change language on your channel? :)

Looking for the answer, Mad Pharmacist

Pharmacist... You have to quit it cold turkey if you want to quit it for good. That also means no getting back to that, no counting whether you can afford it or not, just let it go. Let cravings come and go, so in time they will weaken, but don't fed them with hope that you can play one day!
I've spend so much time playing runescape that I still think about how things go there, what's the updates, how Christmas event looks like(nostalgia is strong). I'm dreaming about future where I could play this game all the time, without consequences.
Can you see, how pathetic this sounds?  It sounds exactly the same like what you wrote in your last 3 sentences of quoted fragment above.

Your accountability tells you, to get yourself together. Stand up strong against it and not with it. If you want a better life, this game can't be a part of it.

Good luck on it! Stay strong!

Obraz znaleziony dla: you're goddamn right meme

Thanks for the call, pal! :)

@hycniejsy We still have a challenge until January 4th!

DancingGameboy.thumb.gif.87d7f1444831933

Don't you want to play a gameboy!

Nehrie.thumb.png.39af0771f14022d81bd52b9

Wants to win

This gameboy will face the same destination as this tank while during II WW my ancestors faced it:

Try Harder! :)

Obraz znaleziony dla: burning tank

I solemnly swear that I’m up to good.

The Journal of Mad Pharmacist gives special thanks to our companions:

@Reno F

@Cam Adair

@Piotr

@dandielionous

26 posts means I'm engaging 26$ in my recovery if I relapse. Thank you for that.

Day #9, #10,

Brief description

2 accountibility calls. First with @Piotr, second with @AlexTheGrape. A lot of thoughts, ideas, words shared. Thanks A LOT!

Feel more comfortable with the fact that I'm just unable to moderate. I'm closer to accept this and move on. That's not what I'm going to do! It's not worth to moderate, if there are much more possibilities in our lives!

What well went today and yesterday?

750 metres swimmed

Calmed down.

More time for rest, family and friends!

General attitude is positive instead of negative!

What can I do better tomorrow?

Planning. Planning. Planning. I have to start doing it tomorrow. For the next year!

Gratitude list

1. Cozy bed
  2. Awesome friends
  3. Winter is coming
  4. Snow is falling, all around me :)
  5. Visiting the dentist

Relaxation list

1. Reading
  2. Swimming
  3. Calls with accountibilities!
  4. YT part for 3 hours. I don't feel blame for that anymore!
  5. Sleeping well!
  6. Time for just laughing a lot! :)

Mischief Managed.

I think we should also do any announcement on the Internet to get Poles to these videos. Because most people from poland would seek solution in their native tongue. Is there any possibility to give any information about video's title in Polish too? Or just a switch button to change language on your channel? :)

I think it's awesome idea! You can also make a competitive channel by yourself xD

Edited by warrumin

Thank you for the call too! I really appreciate that!

PS. I'm jealous about that snow xD

Well, you're welcome as always :)

If you wish, I can send you some of this snow if it hadn't already melted.

I think it's awesome idea! You can also make a competitive channel by yourself xD

Awesome idea, but I'm afraid I don't have enough time right now to do this.

I can help Cameron by traslating videos, and other content but I don't see the sense of recreating them just in Polish.

@Piotr

@Warrumin

28 posts means I'm engaging 28$ in my recovery if I relapse. Thank you for that.

Day #11

Brief description

I wrote a lot here and there on the forum. Also started working on writing a book. I have many interesting ideas to write a fiction!

What well went today?

I hope I helped at least couple of people here.

What can I do better tomorrow?

Being less abusive to people.

Gratitude list

1. Existence of every user of this forum
  2. Tiredness
  3. Ability to write
  4. Inspiration
  5. Good supper

Relaxation list

1. Sleeping well!
  2. Reading journals here!
  3. Visiting a friend and playing some board games!
  4. Thinking about many aspects of life!
  5. Cooking time! (Old recipe this time :) )

Mischief Managed.

I never said it but I like that you are so ... truly you. How to explain it, mh? I mean, your name, the title of this thread written in caps, your signature, your goals, your ideas, your common interests. It all fits together and creates this image of a mad, polish scientist. I really love that. That, ... madness! ;)

Trying to figure out the best way to do all of this right now, been talking with @Reno F a lot about it as well (he's translating Portuguese). On YouTube it will show subtitles as an option - not sure how we can make it more obvious. But on the GQ website we will have flags at the top for people to click their language. All the subtitles you guys are translating we can download and upload into blog posts on the website for people, that way if people are searching for help in their own language, they should find the website and content. Also, we can do some exclusive announcement posts like "Now translated in Polish" and stuff like that. Open to all ideas!

Also, we can create a subforum on the forum specific for languages, like "Polish Section, Portuguese Section" so for people who only speak their native language they can get support that way, and their will be an official ambassador or two to take care of the subforum.

Edited by Cam Adair

Translate button in the forums?

The issue with this is that there are/will be way too many posts to manually translate, and the auto-translation stuff works rather poorly. But it's a good idea! 

Trying to figure out the best way to do all of this right now, been talking with @Reno F a lot about it as well (he's translating Portuguese). On YouTube it will show subtitles as an option - not sure how we can make it more obvious. But on the GQ website we will have flags at the top for people to click their language. All the subtitles you guys are translating we can download and upload into blog posts on the website for people, that way if people are searching for help in their own language, they should find the website and content. Also, we can do some exclusive announcement posts like "Now translated in Polish" and stuff like that. Open to all ideas!

Also, we can create a subforum on the forum specific for languages, like "Polish Section, Portuguese Section" so for people who only speak their native language they can get support that way, and their will be an official ambassador or two to take care of the subforum.

as for YouTube, there is an simple answer. YouTube allow multiple languages for each video. You can configure a whole group of tags for each different language available and even a full translated title and video description for every single upload, if I remember well. You can check it out on the YouTube's creation studio.

By doing so, anyone who does a search in Portuguese, for example, would get a GQ video as a result, supposing it has the set up available for that language.

Sorry for any typos, away from my laptop until Jan the 3rd! Happy new year everybody!

as for YouTube, there is an simple answer. YouTube allow multiple languages for each video. You can configure a whole group of tags for each different language available and even a full translated title and video description for every single upload, if I remember well. You can check it out on the YouTube's creation studio.

By doing so, anyone who does a search in Portuguese, for example, would get a GQ video as a result, supposing it has the set up available for that language.

Awesome. We've had a bunch of videos translated so far (thanks everyone!), so it's great to know that YouTube will recognize it if they search in that language. :D

I never said it but I like that you are so ... truly you. How to explain it, mh? I mean, your name, the title of this thread written in caps, your signature, your goals, your ideas, your common interests. It all fits together and creates this image of a mad, polish scientist. I really love that. That, ... madness! ;)

Well, it looks like my hair is grey not because of my age, but because it of failed experiment :D

And that's why I will never mix this to substances I'm holding in my hand since coming here :)

By reading what I write on this forum, you can just learn how scientist's life could be! Because basically for most people scientists are just people who are spending their lives in labs working on new technologies or substances or just in animal house with rats&mouses. But that's not the entire life of them! :) Of course it takes a lot of time to deal with experiments but we still have opportunity to life our lives to the fullest outside the labs! ;)

All the subtitles you guys are translating we can download and upload into blog posts on the website for people, that way if people are searching for help in their own language, they should find the website and content. Also, we can do some exclusive announcement posts like "Now translated in Polish" and stuff like that. Open to all ideas!

Uploading posts on the website I think is the best way if someone seeks for help.

When I realized, that gaming is a problem for me, the first thing I did was googling "Uzależnienie od gier komputerowych" - which means video games addiction in Polish so person who needs help will probably do the same - typing phrase in his or her native tongue first, and when there will be tips like "study more", "hang out with friends" etc. this person can give up.

We should transcribe the most important stuff first - I'm working on "How to quit playing video games FOREVER" article, and also make sure that this will be the first on the google list after writing this search in Polish. Same with other topics I've already translated.

Announcement is good, but I think that good announcement should be done both in Polish and English. I can write an announcement for you when we will have at least 10 movies and main article translated. You'll give me your announcement first before uploading it, and I'll give you also translated version to bring more Poles here.

Subforum is also good, but again we first need to have translated content at first and then it will be more useful than right now. I mean, we have 2 active members from Poland - me and @Piotr and sometimes @Primmulla shows up. The community should have at least 5 active members to work properly.

All right, that's my ideas for now, I think that it might look like a drop in the bucket, but trust me a know a lot of Polish gamers who understand gaming English, but are unable to write something or read something more than basic phrases. And this way we can expand our mission to reach 3 million gamers A LOT.

Can't wait to read your book!

Well, I've done 2000 words so far, but it's still a lot of editing to do.

You'll be one of those I'll give some fragments to read to tell me if it's good or lame :D

Can't wait to write it all! :D

The issue with this is that there are/will be way too many posts to manually translate, and the auto-translation stuff works rather poorly. But it's a good idea! 

Issue solved :) But idea would be awesome! We will probably need 100 people to translate this  over 16000 journal entries :) Multiplied by number of languages :)

Sorry for any typos, away from my laptop until Jan the 3rd! Happy new year everybody!

I think we've got the solution here! Thanks, Reno!

Cameron, I'll give you the Polish titles and also tags in Polish, just give me a list of tags for first 4 videos on "START HERE" playlist! :)

Awesome. We've had a bunch of videos translated so far (thanks everyone!), so it's great to know that YouTube will recognize it if they search in that language. :D

So, let's configure! :D

@Robert Arctor

@Piotr

@Cam Adair

@Dandielionous

@Reno F

I don't know why but have a problem with making links to profiles of companions. Do you have any solution on that? (I'm using Firefox)

35 posts means I'm engaging 35$ in my recovery if I relapse. Thank you for that.

Day #12, #13, #14, #15

Brief description

Happy 2017, companions! I see, that I gotta be sober for the whole incoming year! Are you with me?

I know that there are 2 other GameQuitters that are taking 1000 days challenge with me: @Simon E and @Schwing. I really appreciate that you're brave enough to take this challenge! That's how this community can work for each other!

I've spent an awesome time during the last 4 days, now I'm getting back to study/learning. Got a real schedule to do, and I also know that what I'm doing is right.

I had strong cravings during day #12, but it wore off after couple of hours. I'm on herbal sedatives and it helps me a lot right now especially with physical symptoms I had like strong headaches and feeling of void.

What well went during last 4 days?

I spent some time on summarizing my whole year. I know that it was amazing and sometimes really tough!

I finished 2 detoxes this year, now I'm on third one (this one is fuckin' serious). I gained ton of experience through GQ on video game addiction, I know how to deal with it.

I met 3 accountibilities and I still have contact with 2 of them. Thanks for that calls we've already had to:

@Piotr

@Hitaru

@AlexTheGrape

That was an awesome experience to support each other and also I learnt a lot during that time!

I finished the next year of pharmacy course, and with each year I'm closer to finish the whole course!

I met ton of new people during many different opportunities.

I restarted with tutoring and helped about 30 people during that time! That gave me a big lesson on patience and also explaining what I want to explain! :)

What can I do better next?

Avoid overworking. This means I should be more focused on result instead of amount of time I'm doing my work.

Quality of time>Quantity of time.

At least this year! :)

Find more time for relaxation and for myself OUTSIDE GAMING WORLD.

Even if relapse will happen, I can just make it once, evaluate and find reason why I did it, make everything to avoid these triggers (This is worth to even take the whole day! :) ) and go back to the arena.

Gratitude list

1. Evaluation
  2. My friends
  3. My family
  4. This community
  5. Nice breakfast I ate today :)

Relaxation list

1. Party time! :D
  2. Watching new TWD episodes :)
  3. Reading!
  4. Some YT videos! (Not that many!)
  5. Sleeping well enough!
  6. Time for laziness!
  7. Exercising twice! :)

Mischief Managed.

Your attitude changed, and I love it! In my opinion, that transition from quantity to quality.is a breakthrough which will set you for success!

This year is ours, accountability. So lets rock!

I'm using firefox, too. When tag isn't loading, usually deleting last word, rewriting it again and then typing tag again, helps. But if this method fails, refreshing webpage always helped.