NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Army of one

Kiki

Also, I started reading the book slight edge. In my life I always wanted instant results and refused to continue to develop the skills if I couldn't do well at the start. For example, before quitting I tried to play LoL and I deleted the game after 1 day as I couldn't play well and was scolded by others lol. This behavior was similar to other daily life situation to. So I thought this will be a good book for me.

Great book!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 27 (Wake up challenge day0)

I overslept on this Saturday:/ and I went to a gallery with my friend. It was so disappointing. I took the bus for1.5hour to get there and there were only 5 exhibition piecesO.o and none of those were related to me as they were all installation art.

Then I attended the Christian fellowship, which I seldom did when I was gaming. Actually I had the time to do anything I want. As long as I didnt procrastinate and wasting time on meaningless things.

Day 27 (Wake up challenge day0)

I overslept on this Saturday:/ and I went to a gallery with my friend. It was so disappointing. I took the bus for1.5hour to get there and there were only 5 exhibition piecesO.o and none of those were related to me as they were all installation art.

Sounds like a funny story to tell people at a happy hour after work or school :)

Day 28 (challenge day 0): I went to the meeting of StoryTaler, a volunteer organization that focuses on eliminating social stigma. I am a graphic team member in the organization.
 Our members in story team have to share their own stories in the story day in next year, so they started practicing from now. I was surprised when I heard their stories. The story tellers was suffering from different mental illness such as depression, social anxiety disorder and split personality, but they are brave to accept their condition and step up to share their stories with the public. They encouraged me to face my own obstacles.

Day 29(challenge day 1) : I attended an extra drawing class outside school (not organised by our school). The school were not supposed to get me to anywhere as long as I didnt work hard. (I tried to take the responsibility instead of blaming everything around me, as the book taught me haha) 
After finishing my drawing and showing my previous drawing to the tutor, what feedback I got is that 'You didnt take it seriously. You didn't try your best to draw.' I was shocked! I was using this approach to draw all long my school class and my prof also praised me. But in fact that wasn't enough at all and it was considered as 'not taking it seriously'! I felt like my mind was cleaned by the tutor and from now on I should practise hard. I believe the power of slight edges can get me where I want! 
I would type my slight edge list later.

Grateful things today:
Ate a super delicious salad
Working seriously until 11pm with my friend
Being able to be taught by a great tutor

Dont stress the tutor comments, (unless you know deep down theyre right (?) ) 

It's really something only you can assess. Although it might be interesting to ask Why *they* think that. They might have some easy pointers. If they're just being a jerk then whatever man. haters ganna hate.

Hi happykhan! Thanks for writing to me. Unfortunately I think the tutor is right :/. After thinking for the whole day, I guess what he meant is that I am not skilled enough. I didn't check the perspective well before shading, and I didn't observe enough to shade the object properly, so the outcome is far from satisfactory. He didn't want to hurt me, and we all believe that everyone can draw well once they practiced enough, so he concluded that I was not taking it seriously. I agree that self confidence is very important but self awareness is also vital for achieving goals. Being open-minded to objective comments is the method to improve. (in our culture teachers tend to keep comments hard to understand and let us think about it haha! Although the tutor also teach me many useful techniquesxD)

day 29 (challenge day 2)

I drew several cubes using different approach in the break. I also seek help from the senior student in sequential art major. He pointed out the problems in my gesture and perspective and said something surprising again: 'Do you know why the prof are praising everyone in classes? As she thinks that she is incapable to help them due to student's incapability. So what she can do is to praise.' omg I was confused I was not familiar with this foreign cultureO.o

Then I rushed to the extra drawing class after school and show my new drawing to the tutor. He said I was getting better, but still left room for improvement. I was excited!

Things to be grateful:

-My tutor is super super super helpful more helpful than the dumb prof in my school!!! He teached me loads of skills that I never heard from the prof!

-a nice lunch at a Taiwanese restaurant

-be able to see progress

Day 30( challenge day 3)

wow, I have completed one-third of the journey! I watched a featured animation film at home for celebration haha

Things to be grateful for:

- I bought my lunch and share with my friend

- managed to wake up early

I decided to fill the checklist everyday!

- stretching exercise: ✓

- effective practice on drawing: ✓

- read 10 pages: ✕ (haven't found another book yet)

- read 10 pages: ✕ (haven't found another book yet)

I'll recommend you a few good books I really enjoyed.

- The power of habit ( best book i read  for the understanding of the habit loop)

- deep work by cal newport ( Good if you trying to learn something difficult)

- Models ( more aimed for men, but an overall good book on relationships and being yourself, also a fun in-your-face writing style)

- Play: How it Shapes the brain ( If you feel like your doing only chores and missing the fun in your life)

- The 7 Habits of Highly successful people ( a little dry but a very insightful self-development book)

- Daring Greatly ( About the importance of vulnerability. Didn't finish it yet but I think it is really important)

If you don't know what to read I am sure you can pick the book out of these who fits your situational needs best and take a lot out of it.

Wow thanks so much WorkInProgress! I have many books to read now!

Day 31( challenge day 4)

I stayed at school for the hole day to work. However, I couldn't concentrate well as I am too sleepy. The content of the project is challenging too. Fortunately a senior student was willing to help me and he suggested me to find the real figure at 5/F for refrence. At night we had fuel for final and the meal offered was delicious haha.

daily mission: all done!

I choose the power of habit but I guess I will read all of them later!

Day 32 (challenge day 5)

I went to school early for my project. My classmates were chatting with each other happily. I wish I could join them too. I don't know if my English is improved but at least I still can't have conversation with my classmates easily. They are talking fast and with accent which let me hard to follow.

Then I attended the drawing club. In fact the processor helped me draw for 90% of the drawing but he kept praising me again and again. I didn't know why he didn't realised:/ and he also made other student getting jealous too. but overall he was a great teacher. I could say none of the techniques I learnt was from my normal drawing class, but from him and m classmates.

Daily mission: all done

Day 33 (challenge day 6)

I went to school for my project again. The tutor Thomas is amazing and he taught me a lot. I don't know how to repay him...

Today was they school open day too and my family came here lol but they took me away so a didnt work since 4pm sad face

The most wonderful thing is that my accountability partner is going to help me plan my holiday xD 

Daily mission: other things are fine but I can't read 10pages as a read so slow on the bus O.o

Edited by Kiki

Daily mission: other things are fine but I can't read 10pages as a read so slow on the bus O.o

I know some people that feel sick each time they're trying to read in any bus, train, tram etc.

For me that's weird but it may happen for you too!

How about audiobook? This might be the solution for your issue.

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

I know some people that feel sick each time they're trying to read in any bus, train, tram etc.

For me that's weird but it may happen for you too!

How about audiobook? This might be the solution for your issue.

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

I have the same problem when sitting in a bus I cant read. But I am kinda glad because that keeps me from checking my phone all the time.

Audiobooks are great but I dont know how well they work for learning to draw ;)