NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Diogo's Journal

Diogo

1st day : Ok so no gaming took place today , except 5 minutes of Pokemon Go. But that doesn't count to me cause i don't waste time with it. I play it mostly with friends and family and there are days i don't even play it at all.

PC gaming which is my only gaming problem(don't own xbox or ps4 or wii, only a gaming laptop) is what i'm tackling here and today on my first day, things went well. I discovered that i have so much time that i got somewhat bored throughout the day.

I helped my mother on moving some vases and flowers around the house; studied a college subject that i didn't complete on my previous year so i have to do it again this year and kept on reading a finances e-book that is really expanding my knowledge on candlestick charts. I pretend in the future to invest in stock markets, though not an investor full-time, just to make a few bucks(hopefully).

A thing i regret and expect to improve is mindless browsing of non gaming topics. Now that i don't game i browse more, perhaps because i'm bored.

I'll be updating my journal weekly at least if not more frequent. Thank you guys for reading.

Edited by Diogo

• Guest pinned this topic
  • Guest unpinned this topic

Thank you all for your support and tips. 

Day 2 : Boring day. Getting more into reading but still missing gaming for a couple of hours, although i have recognized gaming as a problem so the temptation is not very big.

I went to see my young brother at his soccer practice because he enjoys it if i see him playing.  Increased my time listening music and reading.

Day 3 : Thoughts of gaming still there but not as much as previous days, feeling positive, i'm pretty sure i'll detox for more than 90 days without relapsing. Got to have confidence. More reading and listening music. I'm thinking if i could get into drawing even though i'm abysmal at it. 

Not so boring this day, still I miss my girlfriend. We leave a bit far away so i can not be with her everyday. Also listening some podcasts on current affairs.

Day 4 : Went to college to get some material required to study, had lunch with girlfriend  a college girl from a different college nearby. Reading continues as the prime replacement for gaming , listening music and podcasts every day, now thinking if i could get into some musical instrument.

Overall feeling optimistic, my gaming friends are surprised i'm committed to not game anymore. Don't really care about their opinion, i know what's best for me. Watched some Cam's YouTube videos for new insights into this process.

Feeling grateful for this community. Great project Cam Adair.

Edited by Diogo

You are doing such an amazing job! I know for sure that you'll reach those 90days.

Trying out new things is certainly a good thing to do. If you find something you really enjoy to do try to make a project out of it. Like for example I like to write and share my passion with other people around the world so I'm committed to writing my own book and releasing it by the end of this year. 

Another thing that could benefit you is getting into meditating. This will help you seperating your thoughts from your vision. If you almost feel like relapsing in the future try and meditate for 10 minutes and I guarantee you that you'll feel alot better after it.

Good places to start are Headspace and TheHonestGuys from Youtube.

I'm really looking forward to your upcoming posts! Keep it up :)

Much love from the Netherlands - Robin <3

You are doing such an amazing job! I know for sure that you'll reach those 90days.

Trying out new things is certainly a good thing to do. If you find something you really enjoy to do try to make a project out of it. Like for example I like to write and share my passion with other people around the world so I'm committed to writing my own book and releasing it by the end of this year. 

Another thing that could benefit you is getting into meditating. This will help you seperating your thoughts from your vision. If you almost feel like relapsing in the future try and meditate for 10 minutes and I guarantee you that you'll feel alot better after it.

Good places to start are Headspace and TheHonestGuys from Youtube.

I'm really looking forward to your upcoming posts! Keep it up :)

Much love from the Netherlands - Robin <3

Actually i have a lot of interest in Dharma(i follow the Dharma Nation channel on YouTube). I just didn't formed my meditating habit seriously. Thank you for suggesting that. It's an habit that gets easier with time but i never had the patience to follow through.

I'll also think deeper on make some hobbies projects, that is another great recommendation.

Thank you very much for the insightful reply.

Edited by Diogo

Day 5 , Day 6, Day 7 : Not much new stuff i'm doing. I have yet to game since i committed not gaming and honestly i don't think about gaming more than 0.1% of my day. 

My cravings for gaming even for the social aspect of it are just vanishing and it's all being very good to make more time for meaningful activities that i already had but didn't developed, because i wasted many hours per day on gaming.

I'm also feeling better for not being angry because of gaming. I was a classic toxic cs go player. 

Ever since day 3 things got way easier and i experienced less boredom.

The really worst part is the first couple days.

Anyways thank you guys for continuous support.

Edited by Diogo

Nice work! I just see real life as 1 big game now and I try to improve myself as much as I can.

I used to farm gold in World of Warcraft and I use the same knowlegde in real life now and made some good money already :)

Let's get that Global Elite in real life :P 

<3 

I haven´t game yet since i started here. But sometimes i get bored and think if i should game just a little.

I'm drawing as a hobby  besides reading, seeing documentaries or films and studying. 

I'm holding on. Thanks for support.

Hey Diogo,

Is there a goal you've had for a long time? Do you have a dream? Is there something in particular you would like to accomplish? If there is, I would suggest you spend your free time pursuing that goal or that dream. It will make quitting games a lot easier if you know for sure what you will be doing in place of it, plus you will be fulfilling your dream! Maybe you already are, I don't know because I haven't read your entire journal, but that's just my advice for you

Hey Diogo,

Is there a goal you've had for a long time? Do you have a dream? Is there something in particular you would like to accomplish? If there is, I would suggest you spend your free time pursuing that goal or that dream. It will make quitting games a lot easier if you know for sure what you will be doing in place of it, plus you will be fulfilling your dream! Maybe you already are, I don't know because I haven't read your entire journal, but that's just my advice for you

You're right. I have some important goals and there is more i can do to accomplish them. Thank you !

Hey man!

I know the feeling that you have right now and that's exactly how I felt in the beginning.

It's really just in the begin stages that you feel like this, because as soon as you've found something you really like you want to spend all your time on it.

For example I found that I really liked going to the gym and developing myself as a person so I spend all my time on that right now and think of gaming as a 

waste of my time. I've spend 5000+ hours leveling up my character in game and it's time to level myself up in real life right now.

Visualize yourself 5 years older from now and think of what that version of yourself would tell you. Would he say keep improving yourself everyday and be happy or 

fall back into gaming and be unhappy?

If you ever feel like relapsing come back to this community and we will have you with open arms. Don't let your desires of gaming ruin the future of becoming the best

version of yourself.

Stay awesome! <3

I haven´t game yet since i started here. But sometimes i get bored and think if i should game just a little.

I'm drawing as a hobby  besides reading, seeing documentaries or films and studying. 

I'm holding on. Thanks for support.

Hold on, you've got this. Can you get out of the house more often? That will definitely help.