NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Road to Success

flingaas

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, @Robin! :D

Day: 11: Woke up in a hotel and got myself a nice, Norwegian breakfast. The wedding starts in 2h30, so I've got some time to write/relax/read. Today's gonna be a day full of people, desserts and joy. I LOVE DESSERT :P

Last night I wrote another poem. Been three days since the last. Now I've written seven, working on number eight. Guess I'll need about 20-30 to publish a collection. That's a lot! But it's happening :oxD Also, I'm wondering how to promote my blog. I've had 160 different people read my first post, which is awesome! Trying to figure how to increase that number without being the annoying guy who spams people down. Promoting myself is somehing is dislike very, very much :P

Day 12: The wedding was amazing! So proud of my sis' and her hubby :D on my way back home today. Feeling a bit more sick, can't get myself to eat much. My body's standard response after a busy day atm :/

Anyways, woke up to a new poem published in one of the national newspapers! Loads of good feedback. This is way beyond my imagination! Fun, fun, fun!

Hello fellow Norwegian :D late happy birthday from me haha. good job on getting twelve days! I have found that the longer you go without gaming, there more momentum you get, you can then use that momentum to stay away for even longer :) 

Day 12: The wedding was amazing! So proud of my sis' and her hubby :D on my way back home today. Feeling a bit more sick, can't get myself to eat much. My body's standard response after a busy day atm :/

Anyways, woke up to a new poem published in one of the national newspapers! Loads of good feedback. This is way beyond my imagination! Fun, fun, fun!

That is awesome, man. Making people aware of your writing really gives you alot of influence, and merit when you want to publish something for real. :) 

That's something I should begin thinking about aswell.

Yes! Publishing is becoming realistic to me, and I actually have an audience now! :D Find likeminded people and share your works! I'm afraid I'm clueless on the topic of fantasy, so I won't be of too much use :/ But I wanna read anyways :D

Edited by flingaas

Hello fellow Norwegian :D late happy birthday from me haha. good job on getting twelve days! I have found that the longer you go without gaming, there more momentum you get, you can then use that momentum to stay away for even longer :) 

Hey, man! Finally a Norwegian fella! :D (love you too, Simon - being a Swede is close enough!) Thank you! :D

Day 13: WHAT JUST HAPPENED? 

I'm still quite shocked! Sent a poem regarding manliness to our national newspaper. The topic has been discussed lately, due to a FB group of men harassing women, so it was relevant.

Anyways, I sent the poem to the youth debate section of the newspaper. And guess what - they liked it. Well so I thought until last night, when I realized my face was on the FRONT PAGE of the national newspaper. LOL! They didn't like it, they loved it! I'm 12 poems into my collection and I'm receiving public recognition. Unbelievable :D

The doctor told me to stay home from work for two more weeks (vit. D stuff). In other words: more writing, thinking and relaxing :)

Edited by flingaas

I'm still quite shocked! Sent a poem regarding manliness to our national newspaper. The topic has been discussed lately, due to a FB group of men harassing women, so it was relevant.

Anyways, I sent the poem to the youth debate section of the newspaper. And guess what - they liked it. Well so I thought until last night, when I realized my face was on the FRONT PAGE of the national newspaper. LOL! They didn't like it, they loved it! I'm 12 poems into my collection and I'm receiving public recognition. Unbelievable :D

The doctor told me to stay home from work for two more weeks (vit. D stuff). In other words: more writing, thinking and relaxing :)

That's beyond awesome, dude. :D Seriously. 13 days away from gaming and this happens. Just imagine what lies hidden beyond the horizon (*spoiler* great things).

That's beyond awesome, dude. :D Seriously. 13 days away from gaming and this happens. Just imagine what lies hidden beyond the horizon (*spoiler* great things).

It's been 13 crazy days for sure! Excited :D

Day 15: Time flies

Have barely been online the past two days. Had friends over all the time, loads of fun :) All going well! I'm super happy with not playing games anymore, and I get a lot of compliments for my poem in the newspaper. It's time to get my feet back on earth and focus in every day life. Was fun being a celebrity though :D

Day 16: New blog post!

Today I've been working on another blog post. Next on the schedule is writing some more and hanging out with a friend.
Got two more weeks off work due to my lack of D-Vit. It's good to get time off work when I'm sick, but I wanna get well!

Blogpost: https://fredventures.wordpress.com/2016/10/20/reconstruction-ongoing/

Hope you're having a good day! :)

Day 17: Beautiful day

Hanging out with my best friend. Not doing much in the morning, but going to our youth service in church tonight. Hopefully I'll write a poem during the day. Been a few day since the last one! At least I'm very social atm :D

Day 18: Have had a great day so far! Spent a few hours in church at a conference, which was absolutely amazing! Church and leaders in church are the reasons I am where I am today. So grateful!

Also, I'm at 18/20 poems. Two more to go and I'll forward them to a publisher. I'm confident, yet really excited. Are they going to like it? Is it good enough to get published by a recognized publisher? Will people buy it? Does my age help? Lots of questions. As mentioned earlier, I've already been in the newspapers for one poem, which is helpful (and crazy!) I've received tons of positive feedback from young teens, parents and grandparents. Love how I can communicate what I stand for and believe in (in opposition to the culture I live in) through my writing.

That being said, I've started to feel the fear of rejection. Also, I'm reminding myself not to lose myself in all of this. If I ever am to succeed at something (poetry in this case), I do not want to become proud. I wanna stay humble and be myself. Fear and pride, FLEE! :D

Life's good though!

On a second note: is my title cocky? Let me know if it is, lol! That was not my intention :D

Edited by flingaas

That's really cool to hear. I'm kinda excited aswell lol, I want to know how your whole publishing-thing will go (since hopefully I'll be in that position sometime in the future).

And yes, writing is truly an awesome way of reaching people. I think your age will matter, in a positive way. The fact that you're so young, and writing poems; I think it will attract readers from every age and class, especially younger people (since they are probably able to relate more to what you write than to a poem by some old dude that lived in a completely different world from their own).

About your title; no, I don't think so. It's a bold statement, and more of those are what we need :P Also, it's true, isn't it? You're definitely travling towards success.

Good luck with the publishing :) lemme know how it goes!

Edited by Simon E

Thank you, Simon! :) I appreciate your encouragement! I'm glad you find it bold rather than arrogant, that was my intention :D I'm definitely succeeding on a personal level! Excited to see whether I'll succeed as a writer! Got some exciting news :D

Day 19: Here we go :o

I've finished my collection of 20 poems and tomorring I'm sending it to a potential publisher! It normally takes 3-6 weeks to receive a response, so I'll still have to wait for a while. However, I'm sending it - I've done it! Whether they like it or not, I have made my very own collection of poems. Super encouraging to have produced something of value to others (loads of different people have told me they appreciate it, not just my parents xD), compared to the gaming which only "benefited" me.

Day 19 has been good! Great day in church followed by cleaning my room and getting a new sofa in here. In the evening I went to the cinema with a few friends of mine. I'm almost three weeks in and I haven't been craving for games once (except in my dreams at night, lol).

Publishing.jpg

Edited by flingaas

Day 22: Time flies

I thought I'd missed one day, only to realize I missed two. Time goes by so fast, but I'm having a good time! Been hanging out with people the last few days and life is going well. Still no gaming cravings, which is awesome. Working on a blogpost for tomorrow, thinking of writing some more poems. Also, I've started watching a TV series. I've been a bit tired the last two days, and in need relaxing. This is good too :) I'll keep my eyes open for addiction! Becoming a TV series addict is not an option. But it's all good so far. It's quite different from gaming to me :) A few hours today, and it's been good! Just stopped watching to be a bit productive.