NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Community Contribution Opportunities

Cam Adair

Community is one of our greatest strengths. If you're looking to give back to the community and contribute your time/energy, below you will find a few opportunities that are available:

Writing:

• Share your story in a blog post on gamequitters.com (examples) - the more of these we have the better, because it will inspire others who are lurking to join the community and take action. Your story matters and it can inspire others.
    • Guidelines:
      • Minimum 600 words
      • Here are a few questions to help you get started:
        • When you started gaming? What games?
        • What did you like about gaming?
        • When did you notice it becoming a problem?
        • What consequences did you start to experience?
        • When did you decide to quit?
        • Did you seek help or support? Start the detox? Relapse?
        • What benefit(s) have you gotten from quitting?
        • Is there anything else you'd like to share?
      • Submit your draft to cam@gamequitters.com with the subject line [Community Contribution]
      • Optional: Please include a few pictures of you and the name you would like us to use for your post. You may remain as anonymous as you would like.
      • Bonus: You may also record a video of your story and submit it also. Example.

Translations:

• Want to help people in your country who don't speak English to be able to get the help they need? Join our Translations Team. Reply to this thread with your language and we will add you to the subforum.

Coding:

• We are still looking for someone to help us program a badgebot for this forum. Details here.

Other:

• Do you have a particular skill that you think could help grow the Game Quitters community? We are always open to ideas and looking for help. Post your idea!
Edited by Cam Adair

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Cam,

How are you doing?

Recently revisited your site, and got to say - you really hit the nail on the head with addressing the problems related to quitting games. Especially in your “four reasons why you play” video - man that hit home :).

Anyway, I stumbled upon this post. Are you still up for contributions? Would love to share my story and the way I actually help people now with their social skills.

Let me know if I can help! Keep up the good work!

Best,

Timon

• 1 month later...

@Cam I've been wanting to find a meaningful way to keep my Japanese fluency up since coming back to Australia. I'd be keen on helping out with Japanese translations if it's a thing.

Also, I'd be interested in helping with the badge-bot. I'm so excited to have one that I may as well help make it happen.

Edited by SlackRamen

@Cam I've been wanting to find a meaningful way to keep my Japanese fluency up since coming back to Australia. I'd be keen on helping out with Japanese translations if it's a thing.

Also, I'd be interested in helping with the badge-bot. I'm so excited to have one that I may as well help make it happen.

Would love your help. For translation, I will add you to the subforum.

For badge-bot, @stablish, can you two connect and see about this?

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late to the party, but I am not able to code something like that.

There are badge plugins available, which will cost money (of course..) such as:

(Updated 2015)
https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7277-hq4-badges

(Updated 2016)
https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7940-iawards/

(Updated october 2017)
https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8429-trophies-and-medals/

Can't imagine how a bot would work to automatically assign badges, but I am no programmer anyways :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
As a member of a forum dedicated to quitting gaming, have you considered the impact of watching others play games on your own addiction and recovery process? Is it possible that watching gaming content could trigger cravings and hinder your progress towards a gaming-free lifestyle?