NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

How to deal with binge gaming?

ScienceBitch!

Hi Gamequitters,

I was on vacation in Portugal and learned surfing there. I had one of the best weeks of my life. When came home I started binge gaming for 4 days :(
It felt like my brain wanted to continue this great dopamine rush and I did by binge fapping/gaming.

How do I stop this? I literally went from hero to zero in one airplane ride...

Maybe Cam has a video about this? If not I'd love to see one about such a situation.

All the best
Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Wow same problem here, went to Indonesia for one month had an absolut blast over there. Felt in love with Singapure in during my 8 hours transit there.

Now after returning home to cold emptý rainy germany I feel like I lost all my momentum. Had super strong game crawings and even watched some material on youtube. Only the thought of "after the 10th of November you got the detox behind you and can try it again" keept me sane although I know how stupid and wrong that is.

I guess during my stay there I got alot of positive reinforcement and rewards. My brain once again got kinda addicted to the constant stimulation over there.

I already found out that setting new goals and getting motivated about them helps against the crawings. ( wanna live in singapur one day that would be my dream)  Now my mind is busy again with finding solutions to this porblem, and the crawings vanished mostly. Still my momentum is not really back yet. I am open for further advice :)

Oh yes and your video was extremly motivating and helpfull as always cam :)

Wow same problem here, went to Indonesia for one month had an absolut blast over there. Felt in love with Singapure in during my 8 hours transit there.

Now after returning home to cold emptý rainy germany I feel like I lost all my momentum. Had super strong game crawings and even watched some material on youtube. Only the thought of "after the 10th of November you got the detox behind you and can try it again" keept me sane although I know how stupid and wrong that is.

I guess during my stay there I got alot of positive reinforcement and rewards. My brain once again got kinda addicted to the constant stimulation over there.

I already found out that setting new goals and getting motivated about them helps against the crawings. ( wanna live in singapur one day that would be my dream)  Now my mind is busy again with finding solutions to this porblem, and the crawings vanished mostly. Still my momentum is not really back yet. I am open for further advice :)

Oh yes and your video was extremly motivating and helpfull as always cam :)

Thanks for sharing and happy to hear the video helped. There is always a bit of a reverse culture shock when you come back from traveling overseas. Hang in there.

• 4 months later...

Hey !

I know how that's  like!

During my exchange year I heard and read about reverse culture shock but never really.went into it.

I caught myself playing a lot of games and it went worse and worse after the time 

I noticed that I am pushing my emotions down because of the "

everything is better there than here" mindset to allow me to feel less motivated in school.

Which had an bad impact on my grades.

Ecapism began and it got worse right now I am kinda waking up being more aware why I game but I'm still stuck in the inconsistency of satisfying activities.