NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Need Some Help

Colin

I'm have some trouble finding options for when I'm too tired to do much of anything. It's after I've worked out, cleaned the garage, worked on my businesses and done some yoga. Before I used to zone out on the couch and play video games, but I want more options and I'm having trouble thinking of things to do. What I think I need is:

• Low or no mental activity.
  • Low or no physical activity.
  • Something interesting to keep me slightly entertained.

Is there something better? Am I missing something obvious? Maybe I'm overdoing it or ... I honestly don't know but I could use some help. How do I or you handle down time?

Reading, listening to podcasts, going for a walk, documentaries, talking on the phone with friends, that sort of thing can be great.

This video can help.

Great video. I think it's going to take some practice.

Yes, practice is all part of it. You're working to change habits that you've had for some time so it will take awhile to realign them. Patience is important.

Hey Colin,

I'm trying to find some things for this situation as well and I don't know how much of a fitness fan you're but for me "preparing meals" works pretty great at the moment. I just had like a super full weekend with around 14 hours of sports and 10 hours of work, today I woke up and felt like doing nothing and if it would had been 4 weeks ago I would had played video games on the couch for 6 hours. Instead I made myself a nice breakfast, restored some energy and then went and bought some food and prepared it for the next 2 days and I already feel like I'm ready to go now for something, either physical or mental. Also I had like relaxing 3 hours enjoying different smells and tastes while not really draining my powers, physically and mentally. Maybe that Idea could sometimes work for you too if you're into eating habits and working out.

Hey Colin,

I'm trying to find some things for this situation as well and I don't know how much of a fitness fan you're but for me "preparing meals" works pretty great at the moment. I just had like a super full weekend with around 14 hours of sports and 10 hours of work, today I woke up and felt like doing nothing and if it would had been 4 weeks ago I would had played video games on the couch for 6 hours. Instead I made myself a nice breakfast, restored some energy and then went and bought some food and prepared it for the next 2 days and I already feel like I'm ready to go now for something, either physical or mental. Also I had like relaxing 3 hours enjoying different smells and tastes while not really draining my powers, physically and mentally. Maybe that Idea could sometimes work for you too if you're into eating habits and working out.

That's awesome and already helpful. I took some time out today to do just that. It was great. Relaxing and helped me head in the direction of my goals. Thank you for the support and suggestions. They're awesome. 

hey Colin,

power naps work well for me. put your alarm clock 20 minutes later and go to bed.

when the clock ring, you will just be an atomic battery! i know that longer naps have opposite effect,letting me in the fog for hours. but we are all different, try!

also these 10 minutes of meditation by headspace.com give very good energy in the end, but if you are really tired, you may fall asleep.

enjoy naps!

• 4 weeks later...