NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Cam deserves our support

Alex

The purpose of this post is to gather support Cam in his mission in Tanzania, and in life, by sharing my thoughts on why I think  he deserves it. Cam has fought with all his being to get to where he is today, as evident in his epic tale of overcoming videogame addiction and becoming the awesome individual giving everything he has to help others. After reading Cam's brutally honest email, which I'm confident was painful to write, I took a moment to objectively view his words and situation. My conclusions were as follows:

1) If I can afford a subscription to netflix, I can afford to support his mission to Tanzania. I don't know how many people are active on the forums, but if 500 people donated $10 dollars each, his dream would become reality. Being able to have real world impact for the cost of a lunch is an insanely good deal. 

2) Cam's objective is to provide clean drinking water to 500 people for 20 years. Its too easy to take for granted how well I live in the United States, and the idea of not having clean water to drink was nigh unthinkable. This is not a nebulous donation to a questionable charity. Cam will go going to Tanzania personally to see the job gets done. That's about as safe as an investment as you can ask for. 

3) Morally, I wanted to support the man who has supported me in a horrifically difficult time. Not only have his words deeply resonated with my situation, Cam has personally responded to every single one of my posts. I can't believe this guy's dedication to people he barely knows. 

4) The content he provides in the form of youtube videos and forum posts is some of the most digestible self-improvement content I've ever come across. His messages are meaningful, helpful, well spoken, and concise. At under 10 minutes each his videos provide as much help as an hour with a psychiatrist, who on average cost $75-$100 per hour. The value in his youtube videos is easily worth more than the $10 I quoted above.

Cam is trying to lead, to live the dream we all want to be a part of. By helping him, I feel like I'm coming closer to the person I want to be; someone who cares and can make a difference. If you haven't already, please consider making a donation to Cam's cause. This is about showing support for the community, no matter how small the amount, that Cam created with blood, sweat, and tears. To those that read this, thank you for your time in considering my words, and thank you Cam for all that you do. Carpe diem!

Cheers,

Alex

After reading Cam's brutally honest email, which I'm confident was painful to write, I took a moment to objectively view his words and situation. 

Is Cam having trouble with his fundraising? He is almost half his goal and still has one more month to go.

Thank you, Alex. This post has left me speechless. The conciseness of my post does not reflect the mountain of gratitude I feel in this moment. Seriously, thank you. It was certainly painful, but I'm glad I did it - I feel our community is more connected than ever.

After reading Cam's brutally honest email, which I'm confident was painful to write, I took a moment to objectively view his words and situation. 

Is Cam having trouble with his fundraising? He is almost half his goal and still has one more month to go.

Fundraiser ends on September 5th, or in less than 6 days. I leave on the trip itself on October 7th. We just reached 50% which I am so grateful for. We are close and I will fight until the end!

It can't be easy taking this route and im very thankful for the help you gave me.

Iv updated my Patreon pledge to $10/month and im going to be donating towards the cause as well. I hope you enjoy the trip reguardless Cam :)

Also damn you've racked up some serious post count since iv last come on here

It can't be easy taking this route and im very thankful for the help you gave me.

Iv updated my Patreon pledge to $10/month and im going to be donating towards the cause as well. I hope you enjoy the trip reguardless Cam :)

Thank you man, really appreciate it more than words can express. Hoping to make it over to AUS/NZ next year so can't wait to meetup. 

Thank you man, really appreciate it more than words can express. Hoping to make it over to AUS/NZ next year so can't wait to meetup. 

Hey man, if you come to the Gold Coast or Brisbane in Australia, I am sure I will come up to one of your shows or meetups!

I "came out of the closet" of my gaming addiction in a long letter to friends and family in my facebook. I talked about my journey so far, about this community and openly asked for support for this cause. I'm fully commited not to this specific project but the whole Game Quitters initiative. @Cam Adair, you saved my life, chief. I mean it. Don't give up. We got your back. 

Edited by Hitaru

I too read his email, and it hit me. He stuck so much time into Game Quitters and all the videos, basically for free. Cam, you got my support!

Thanks for your support!

I "came out of the closet" of my gaming addiction in a long letter to friends and family in my facebook. I talked about my journey so far, about this community and openly asked for support for this cause. I'm fully commited not to this specific project but the whole Game Quitters initiative. @Cam Adair, you saved my life, chief. I mean it. Don't give up. We got your back. 

We love you Hitaru! (Non-Spaniard Europeans be like... :S)

I'm glad Cam wrote this letter, because I was seeking for a way to give something to charity for quite some time but never really have gone through with it. I think charity is very important and highly respect Cam for doing it. I bet he will learn a great deal with this project and we all will benefit from his experience. To be blunt, I'd never helped people in Africa because I don't believe it would help them much, but it's enough for me that Cam believes in it. And seeing how little money is needed to build a well there is pretty impressive. I sincerely hope everything is going well and wish everyone involved a great deal of luck.

I'm glad Cam wrote this letter, because I was seeking for a way to give something to charity for quite some time but never really have gone through with it. I think charity is very important and highly respect Cam for doing it. I bet he will learn a great deal with this project and we all will benefit from his experience. To be blunt, I'd never helped people in Africa because I don't believe it would help them much, but it's enough for me that Cam believes in it. And seeing how little money is needed to build a well there is pretty impressive. I sincerely hope everything is going well and wish everyone involved a great deal of luck.

Thanks Matt! I hope the videos I produce while I am there will help to show you (and everyone else) the impact this type of thing can really have! Also, just to clarify, it costs about $15,000 to build a well, but the $3K I'm raising is my portion (I'm building it with a few friends who will also be on the trip - who I will be doing videos with.) Grateful for your support!

• Hitaru locked this topic