NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - Alex

AlexTheGrape

Hello!

I want to make sure to do 8 x 50 minute study sessions daily, with exceptions for days in which I don’t have the full amount of time free for studying.

DAILY?!!! HOW CAN YOU ACHIEVE THAT ?!??!

Hello!

If I study at school there's 6 x 50 minutes of school time, and then I want to do an additional 2 x 50 minutes at home. It's proving achievable on Monday-Friday but difficult on the weekends when I can't go to school.

All right, I got your point bro.

I should try to do something similar (studying on university during lectures/seminars etc. also counts, and do it at least 8x50 min. it's also my favourite block of time to work! :) )

Btw. is your goal right now to achieve 8x50 min. every day, including weekends (even if it's hard) or do you give yourself a day off during week? ;)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

I should try to do something similar (studying on university during lectures/seminars etc. also counts, and do it at least 8x50 min. it's also my favourite block of time to work! :) )

Btw. is your goal right now to achieve 8x50 min. every day, including weekends (even if it's hard) or do you give yourself a day off during week? ;)

Good luck with your studies! I will often make it 45 minutes with a 5 minute break (most often a walk, quick run, or quick workout) to help keep the blood flowing so it might help you to try that as well.

I upped my goal to 9x50 minutes every day now! It gets a bit hazy in the weekends as I have a job now and tend to work on Fridays and will end up tired the next day and so on. Normally I'd give myself Friday afternoon off to do restful activities, but since I work pretty much every Friday now, I need to change my plans (haven't decided on how I'll address this yet, but I'll likely give myself Saturday evening off or something).

Best of luck with your challenge and your studies!

Wow thats some a crazy goal. I mean I am 8hours a day at work but I am far from 8x50min of productive work. Time to up my game.

Thanks Mario! It can take a bit of work to get up to that level, but I'm sure you'll be able to manage. Starting early (on the bus at 7:20) and trying to minimize procrastination helps me do the best I can, so perhaps that might help you too. Best of luck upping your game!

Good luck with your studies! I will often make it 45 minutes with a 5 minute break (most often a walk, quick run, or quick workout) to help keep the blood flowing so it might help you to try that as well.

I upped my goal to 9x50 minutes every day now! It gets a bit hazy in the weekends as I have a job now and tend to work on Fridays and will end up tired the next day and so on. Normally I'd give myself Friday afternoon off to do restful activities, but since I work pretty much every Friday now, I need to change my plans (haven't decided on how I'll address this yet, but I'll likely give myself Saturday evening off or something).

Best of luck with your challenge and your studies!

What kind of job do you have? I mean, more physical or more mental?

Because I do 100% mental job and after studies and work combined each day I feel completely exhausted.

Probably quick workouts should help with blood flow!

I wish you best with your 9x50min. Can't wait to see report, especially after your exams week!

My post for yesterday:

Post-Detox Day 207

Today has been a superb day of studying, I accomplished my goal of doing 9 x 50 minutes of study sessions, and accomplished my other daily tasks as well. What’s even more is that because I succeeded in the structured approach to achieve my goal, I ended up with about an hour of free time at the end of the day to enjoy watching TV with my family.

Workout/run

Yep.

Meditation

Yep.

Visualisation

Yep.

Daily affirmation

Yep.

Reading + taking notes

Nope.

Getting to bed before 9pm

9:10pm, not bad.

Weekly Goal(s)

I want to make sure to do 9 x 50 minute study sessions daily, with exceptions for days in which I don’t have the full amount of time free for studying (i.e. working or other necessary activities).

Monthly Goal

This month I want to have exercised for at least 20 minutes every day, and I’ll leave an error margin of 3 days in which I won’t fail this goal by not exercising.

3 Month Goal (2 months left!)

My three month goal is to develop my leadership skills enough to confidently coach a sports team or lead another form of community group

Post-Detox Day 208

Today has been a good one in general, I again accomplished my goal of 9 x 50 minute study sessions. Unfortunately I didn’t exercise this morning as I got up late, I went to bed late since I had to round our dogs up who had escaped outside. I’m glad I did so much work despite being tired though, so I should clap myself on the back for that hard work.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for my caring family.

I am grateful that my story has helped so many people that I hear about every day.

I am grateful for being able to study at school whilst on leave.

One amazing thing that happened/I did today

Hearing from staff at the school that they liked my TV story helped make my day a great one, and it seemed to make theirs too by being part of the story in a way.

Workout/run

Nope.

Meditation

Yup.

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmation

Nope.

Reading + taking notes

Nope.

Nope.

Weekly Goal(s)

I want to make sure to do 9 x 50 minute study sessions daily, with exceptions for days in which I don’t have the full amount of time free for studying (i.e. working or other necessary activities).

Monthly Goal

This month I want to have exercised for at least 20 minutes every day, and I’ll leave an error margin of 3 days in which I won’t fail this goal by not exercising.

My three month goal is to develop my leadership skills enough to confidently coach a sports team or lead another form of community group.

What went well today:

Sticking to my goal helped motivate me throughout the day. Taking the time to catch up with friends during lunch was a great moral booster as well.

What didn’t go well today:

I didn’t get enough sleep, and as a result wasn’t up for exercising this morning.

What I could have done to make my day better:

I could have set my alarms to warn me of how much time I had left before bed time.

What I will do differently tomorrow:

I’m going to set my alarms, I’ll make sure to have a proper workout session in the morning.

Photo Stream

I took these (and lots more!) on a day out at a local library when I took my camera with me to take photos during breaks. #nationalPride

DSC02560.JPG

DSC02543.JPG

My wife is using a jawbone up3. which is a fitbind armband which tracks your steps, heart activity and sleeping rhytm. You can also program vibration alarms which allow you to warn yourself before going to bed. I see you tracking a lot of things and setting yourself alamrs in this diary so I thought maybe this would be interesting for you too.

Here is an amazon link so if you aren't itnerested don't click it ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Jawbone-Heart-Activity-Sleep-Tracker/dp/B00N9E6DUK

My wife is using a jawbone up3. which is a fitbind armband which tracks your steps, heart activity and sleeping rhytm. You can also program vibration alarms which allow you to warn yourself before going to bed. I see you tracking a lot of things and setting yourself alamrs in this diary so I thought maybe this would be interesting for you too.

Here is an amazon link so if you aren't itnerested don't click it ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Jawbone-Heart-Activity-Sleep-Tracker/dp/B00N9E6DUK

It seems like a really good product, thanks for letting me know about it. I already wear a watch I've been given recently so I probably won't be getting it (I'll likely get it for my twin though hehe).

My alarms are set at certain times so that I get on with an assigned task for that time (e.g. I normally post my daily journal here at 8:00pm), but thank you for your recommendation.

My post for yesterday:

Post-Detox Day 209

Today has been another good day of working at school; I got 7 x 50 minutes of studying done and would have done more had I not needed to work for four hours in the evening. I managed to do a quick workout in the morning, however I need to get back into my daily habits fully as I’ve been slacking with those.

Workout/run

Yup.

Meditation

Yup.

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmation

Nope.

Reading + taking notes

Yup.

Nope.

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

My three month goal is to develop my leadership skills enough to confidently coach a sports team or lead another form of community group.

Post-Detox Day 209

Today has been a generally sloppy day in terms of effort and accomplishments. I went car shopping with my dad in the morning which went fine, but I let a little sickness and tiredness become an excuse to hardly do any work in the afternoon which wasn’t good at all. I got on with replying to a penpal I left hanging for a long while though, so that’s a plus.

I’m going to make myself accountable for doing a whole lot of things now, as my current methods haven’t been working well without a distinct challenge. I’m in the process of setting myself up with a fitness challenge, and I’m starting the following challenges so I can get back in ‘the zone’, in which I am focused on self development:

NoFap detox (90 days) (I don’t have any addictions or anything here, but it’ll help with resisting any sort of impulses in future).

Cold shower challenge (30 days)

ForceFit challenge (weeks 5 - finish)

10 Pages of reading with taking notes every day

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for a great place to work.

I am grateful for light bulbs and electricity.

I am grateful for the wonderful dinner I’ve had tonight

Taking the time to write a letter felt really great, and I can predict how great the recipient will feel to receive the letter.

Workout/run

Yup, but a very short one.

Meditation

Not properly done.

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmation

Nope.

Reading + taking notes

Nope.

Nope.

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

What went well today:

I had a short exercise break whilst trying to study. This went well, and I need to do it more often.

I didn’t get enough sleep, which threw off my whole day schedule.

I could have exercised in the morning and gotten to sleep as soon as possible.

I’m going to get up early and do my entire morning schedule, have a cold shower etc.

Photo Stream

I didn't take a photo whilst out on a run or anything, so here's Rangitoto Island!

DSC02527.JPG

At first(and as always) beautiful photo, post more or riot :P

Secondly, I see you as a very successful person, in therms of game quitting and real life achievements. And I see you posting more challenges!
This points out a really important thought to have on mind, that growth and personal development is never ending story. It's good to have you here!

Yo!

At first(and as always) beautiful photo, post more or riot :P

Secondly, I see you as a very successful person, in therms of game quitting and real life achievements. And I see you posting more challenges!
This points out a really important thought to have on mind, that growth and personal development is never ending story. It's good to have you here!

Yo!

Thank you very much Piotr! I'm running out of new photos, so it'll also be a great incentive to keep up my photography to keep you guys from rioting :P

That's wonderful you see me as a very successful person, thank you! Yes you're right, the growth mindset is important for further improvement - I've been lacking a challenge or incentive recently so starting these challenges really help with that.

Thank you for checking out my journal! I'll make sure to check out yours, but right now trying to study at 110% effort for exams so I don't give myself much time for other people's journals.

Edited by AlexTheGrape

Thank you for checking out my journal! I'll make sure to check out yours, but right now trying to study at 110% effort for exams so I don't give myself much time for other people's journals.

No problem. I don't check others journals to get post for post. Just trying to bring something into this community, which I'm part of. I just wish I had more time for it... Anyway, good luck for your exams!

My post for yesterday:

Post-Detox Day 210

Today has been better than yesterday in terms of getting studying done, but it wasn’t that much better. I managed to do a full 30 minute run + workout, which was a great way to get my day started. I kept up with my morning routine, however I’m not sure if it actually helped. I had to work quite late (until 10pm!) so I didn’t get time to post.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for having a great workplace.

I am grateful for not living in poverty.

I am grateful for self-development articles.

A couple of my friends I work with took the time to wait until I had finished my shift so that we could walk home together, which was really nice of them. It helped strengthen our friendship and we had some time to talk about many things.

Workout/run

Yup!

Meditation

Yup!

Visualisation

Yup!

Daily affirmation

Yup!

Reading + taking notes

Yup! @Reno F it turns out I was only a few pages away from reading "Manage with the left, lead with the right"! (I've started reading habit 3 now).

Nope.

Weekly Goal(s)

I’m having the same goal again, as it has been working really well for studying.

Monthly Goal

This month I want to have exercised for at least 20 minutes every day, and I’ll leave an error margin of 3 days in which I won’t fail this goal by not exercising (2 error days left).

What went well today:

I was organised in how I managed my time, and I had a cold shower which really helped wake me up.

I wasn’t proactive enough to get my morning schedule done on time without encroaching on my studying time.

I could have been much faster to get on with exercising by not procrastinating.

I’m going to make sure to not procrastinate whenever I can.

Photo Stream

I didn't take a photo whilst out on a run or anything, so here's some more sky. 

DSC02530.JPG

Edited by AlexTheGrape
Fixed an error

Post-Detox Day 211

Today has been an average day of revision: I saw a couple of teachers for help (which is really good) but I slacked off in the evening and hence didn’t get much done. However I was out running for 30 minutes which was a plus, and got in the time to buy and give a teacher a gift for teaching me this year.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for teachers that are dedicated to their craft.

I am grateful for having a twin.

I am grateful for people generous enough with their time to post in my journal (and read this).

Going for a run with Rubi the dog this afternoon was great, she really liked it. Also I got some wonderful advice and knowledge about start-up businesses from my computer science teacher, which I think could really help me in future.

Workout/run

Yup!

Meditation

Yup!

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmation

Nope.

Cold shower

Yup!

NoFap

Yup!

Reading + taking notes

Nope, I got home really late.

Nope.

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

This month I want to have exercised for at least 20 minutes every day, and I’ll leave an error margin of 3 days in which I won’t fail this goal by not exercising (2 error days left).

What went well today:

I made sure to have a cold shower to help wake me up, despite not having my exercise in the morning (I exercised in the afternoon)

I didn’t keep my effort up in the evening, and as a result didn’t meet my goal of 9 x 50 minutes of studying.

I could have done better with improvising a plan without my diary (I left it at home).

I’m going to get up earlier, do my whole morning schedule in the morning. I’ve just taken 5 minutes to create a plan for this.

Photo Stream

This is one of my favourite photos I took whilst in Australia earlier this year. Can you guess why?

DSC02242.JPG

Post-Detox Day 212

Today has been an interesting day of studying at school, and a successful day in general. I managed to get up at 6am to do a workout, had a 100% cold shower (normally I’d alternate between hot and cold), and almost met my study goal (I did about 8 x 50 mins study sessions).

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for living in a first-world country.

I am grateful for having some loyal friends.

I am grateful for being an introvert.

Getting biology tutorials during the day was very engaging and an interesting way to learn in comparison to all the revision I’ve been doing recently.

Workout/run

Yup!

Meditation

Yup!

Visualisation

Yup!

Daily affirmation

Yup!

Cold shower

Yup!

NoFap

Yup!

Reading + taking notes

Yup!

9:10, not bad.

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

What went well today:

Getting up early paid off, I didn’t have to compromise anything as a result.

I’ve been a little slow with getting to the next exercise whilst doing workouts, and I ate lots of biscuits when I got home, not healthy.

I could have gotten a little more sleep, but I did pretty well with getting to bed on time last night.

I’m going to try another workout, but with timing myself for each set. If I don’t manage to do it within the same time, I’ll make sure to have an extra cold shower!

Photo Stream

"I'm blue, (Da Ba Dee)..." I took this picture in an aquarium, but I've now run out of 'fresh' photos so I will need to put in the time to take some more photos!

DSC01922.JPG

I love these pictures man! They are so entertaining. haha 

I love how you are continuing your journal post 90 days. I want to do that as well. The journaling has definitely been super helpful as a foundation habit. 

Keep up the good work Alex!