NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - Alex

AlexTheGrape

The past few days have been a little out of sync because I went to a party (which I really enjoyed actually) but I’ve been relaxed and enjoying my holiday. I’m still on day 0 as I haven’t been sleeping at the proper time.

Positive Habit Streak – Day 0

Today has been another relatively relaxed one, but I did some exercise and did most of my habits (with late visualisation). I’m setting up tomorrow to get through my next day of the habit streak!

In the afternoon I made an orange self-saucing pudding with some help from my mother, it was really tasty! I’m thinking I’ll need to cook at least one meal a day to start learning properly how to cook, so for now I’m going to add that to my list! For days I am getting meals from work, I’ll make something smaller.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for having all the resources I need to cook.

I am grateful for grapes.

I am grateful for days free of working.

One amazing thing that happened/I did today:

Making dessert was nice, the end result was much better than I expected! The process was really straightforward with a recipe. It felt good to have done that little bit more towards getting better at cooking.

Workout/run

Yup.

Daily task planning ahead of time

No.

Exercise planning

I’m doing Forcefit week 5, day 2, because I am needing a step down to start me off.

Meditation

Yup.

Visualisation

Yup.

Daily affirmation

No.

Fully cold shower

Yup.

Reading + taking notes

Yup.

Getting to bed before 10:10pm

No.

Jar of Awesome

No.

Cook a meal

Yup.

Daily application of self-development skills

Tomorrow I’ll make sure to make the right small choices. I need to choose progress over comfort.

Weekly Goal(s)

Don’t fail a single day of my success streak! (Sadly failed).

Get to know the neighbours in one house this week

Monthly Goal(s)

(I have an extra weekly goal).

Old 3 Month Goal (1 month left!)

My three month goal is to develop my leadership skills enough to confidently coach a sports team or lead another form of community group.

3 Month Goal

Expand my holiday programme to a running business/be running my own community group within my neighbourhood.

Know my neighbours from at least 100 households/have them as contacts for my holiday programme.

12 Month Goal

Be running my own community group, hosting public events (more detail needed)

48 Month Goal

Have grown my holiday programme/community group to be accessible by at least half of the NZ population.

Have the skills (namely leadership) to have my options open for being an entrepreneur or having a normal job.

What went well today:

Cooking.

What didn’t go well today:

Getting up late.

What I could have done to make my day better:

Get up quick!

What I will do differently tomorrow:

Carry through with my commitments.

Photo Stream

Here’s another one I took on top of the mountain. This drink bottle I think I'll start taking with me on trips everywhere, and take photos of it! See if you can spot the chicken/swan/bird

DSC02702.JPG

Today has been yet another relaxing day, but I felt it was with time I don’t feel I’ve properly earned. I can’t seem to enjoy myself these holidays whilst doing very little, and it is as though I’ve built myself into a productivity machine that won’t be satisfied with not doing anything. Oh well, that’s what keeps me wanting to improve!

I didn’t get to bed on time last night and that seemingly justified me to sleeping in and throwing off my schedule. Not a good start Alex!

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for help with cooking.

I am grateful for tv time with family.

I am grateful for eating healthy.

Although it wasn’t much of a success, I decided to get a sandwich in the bakery when I took my brothers out to get some lunch. They got the more unhealthy options, but I’m glad that I overcame the temptation to buy the unhealthy foods. I am wanting to start a more healthy diet soon, so this is showing me that I can start making the right choices.

Workout/run

A really pathetic workout.

No.

Exercise planning

“I’m doing Forcefit week 5, day 2, because I am needing a step down to start me off.

I’m trying it again. I really just have to get started properly!

Meditation

Yup.

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmation

No.

Fully cold shower

No.

Reading + taking notes

Yup.

No.

Jar of Awesome

Yup.

Japanese learning

I thought I’d add this one as I need to keep consistent with learning Japanese to make real progress.

Cook a meal

Yup. I made curry tonight!

Progress over comfort. Progress over comfort. Progress over comfort.

Weekly Goal(s)

Don’t fail a single day of my success streak! (Sadly failed).

Get to know the neighbours in one house this week.

Monthly Goal(s)

My three month goal is to develop my leadership skills enough to confidently coach a sports team or lead another form of community group.

3 Month Goal

Expand my holiday programme to a running business/be running my own community group within my neighbourhood.

Know my neighbours from at least 100 households/have them as contacts for my holiday programme.

12 Month Goal

48 Month Goal

Have grown my holiday programme/community group to be accessible by at least half of the NZ population.

Have the skills (namely leadership) to have my options open for being an entrepreneur or having a normal job.

What went well today:

Being more aware.

Not getting up in time.

Get up quick! (Again?! I need to seriously make a better effort!)

GET UP ON TIME!

Photo Stream

Here's the remains of my orange self-saucing pudding I made yesterday (which no longer exists :) )

IMG_1561.JPG

The past few days have been a bit of a blur: I've been back to work again, but have been accomplishing most of my positive habits. I haven't done that much cooking, but I cooked dinner pretty much by myself tonight for the family and that was really good. Yesterday I went out for a run and workout and I was asked by a bunch of adults to play soccer with them, it was a really fun spontaneous thing that I did for another 30 mins before I had to leave to get ready for work. I might be contacted later to play further soccer, so it was a great opportunity. Sleeping on time seems to be the thing I'm having the most difficulty with, and for some reason I keep consistently skipping my visualisation practice. I'll need to get better at that tomorrow.

I have heaps of tasks queued for tomorrow, lets see how the day goes!

Here's the dinner I made tonight for 3: Pork eye fillet, potato, and salad!

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

The past two days have gone really well: I've been exercising heaps, getting up on time, and generally doing great in terms of habits. Nothing much else to say other than all is going well. I've been working still, and I've taken the time to clean out my room and re-organise a few things. Otherwise everything is going great!

Oh damn! Are you going to the Uni already? We Finns have the compulsory military service so beginning to study in university is usually delayed with a year so it feels like there is still a long way to go. What are you going to study?

Yeah man! My exam results came out on the 17th so yeah it is coming along fast! Do you have to do compulsory military service in Finland because you border Russia?

I'll be doing engineering this year, and next year I'll then specialize in mechatronics or software engineering. What are your plans for university?

Today has been a great day in general. Another generally relaxed one, involving moving furniture to our new house and going food shopping. I’ve been having some ideas on how to spend my holidays, and it seems that I only ever truly enjoy myself without guilt when I’m doing my best in all the facets of life that I’m wanting to improve in. I like to organise my life, and so to take on board all the new things I’m wanting to do as well (learning Japanese, cooking etc) that are significant skills, I’d like to bring my organisational skills to the next level! More on that later.

Since my university starting date is getting closer, I’ve been really pumped to get started and make the most of it. Part of this will be creating a university project/club for the Trump Zone equivalent, as turning it into a group effort would enable it to be built well, tested well, get proper traction, and be a wonderful leadership opportunity for myself.

My past week has been relatively mixed with some days of hanging around at home and some days of going about or working. I’ve been keeping up a high standard of exercise almost every day, which has been surprising considering the inconsistency in which I’ve been meditating and not doing visualisations. Again I come back to the conclusion that journaling daily and reflecting often are very helpful and essential tools.

I know I haven’t achieved all my weekly or monthly goals, which is a shame. I plan to revise my visualisations and such tomorrow (which I have procrastinated for a long time!), but for now my goals are to keep consistent with what I’m assigning myself, and to actually complete all these things (including new skills).

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for my desire to succeed and progress my skills.

I am grateful for having a yearly planner.

I am grateful for being fit.

Realising that I’m not going to cook until I start organising to do it myself was a major stepping stone in what I believe to be my progression with this skill. I’m not going to learn to cook and make meals consistently without me being organised enough to plan them beforehand and, when needed, fetch the ingredients necessary. I’m going to try cooking every day now, that way I’ll be learning all the time to work consistently and have no excuse to not do this!

Workout/run

A run with the dog. Not intense, but somewhat satisfactory in duration.

Yup!

Exercise planning

I’m going to do week 6, day 3 of my plan.

Meditation

Nope.

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmation

No.

Fully cold shower

No.

Reading + taking notes

No.

No.

Jar of Awesome

No.

Japanese learning

No.

Cook a meal

No.

Meet my commitments today. The decisions I make one day will reflect what I do every day.

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal(s)

3 Month Goal

12 Month Goal

48 Month Goal

What went well today:

Exercising, deciding to get back to journaling today.

A lot, simply being lazy.

Get on with my positive habits.

Create new plans for doing all my positive habits.

Photo Stream

These are some photos I took of some delicious food at a relative’s birthday.

DSC02837.JPG

DSC02835.JPG

DSC02836.JPG

Today has been wonderful in terms of quality, but average in terms of completing things. I got some of my positive habits done and have made a plan to quickly do all of them (not including what’s in my morning schedule) in two blocks, and includes an evening meditation and visualisation.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for having a supermarket nearby.

I am grateful for my second jar of awesome.

I am grateful for my brothers having a sword fight with me today.

This went into my jar of awesome! At the new house we’re moving to, my brothers and I used some toy swords and had a blast chasing each other and hiding in the space outside the house. Smiles were all around and I wish to do much more of this in future whilst I’m not too old.

Workout/run

A run with the dog. Again it wasn’t what I had planned, but it’s better than nothing.

Yup!

Exercise planning

I’m going to do week 6, day 3 of my plan. Again.

Meditation

Nope.

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmation

No.

Fully cold shower

No.

Reading + taking notes

No.

No.

Jar of Awesome

Yup!

Japanese learning

Yup!

Cook a meal

Yup! I made a dish that we make in my family called ‘tuna surprise’. The irony is that there’s no surprises, it’s the same delicious meal every time!

Meet my commitments today. The decisions I make one day will reflect what I do every day.

I did alright with this one. I didn’t do my morning schedule, but I’ve done pretty damn well with everything else.

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal(s)

3 Month Goal

12 Month Goal

48 Month Goal

What went well today:

Getting on with cooking to stick to my commitment.

Not getting up on time, staying up late last night.

Gotten more sleep, sticking to my morning routine.

I will make sure to get to bed on time, follow through with my morning routine, and try to knock off as many of my tasks as I can!

Photo Stream

This is a yummy cake at that same birthday. With enough practice, I might be able to make ones of my own like this sometime!

DSC03029.JPG

Toy swords sounds awesome! :)

I played once with friends Jugger, (You can google it :)) and I remember it was super awesome!

Especially because I was quik (team runner) , and my goal was to avoid being hit by chain and anything others. It's like being a seeker in Quidditch :D

Anyways, I see a point we can discuss on more on Satuday/Sunday :) About your goals and having habit streak on 0 and how to do more of it :)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: 

Things have been really great the past couple of weeks. I've been helping to move house, exercising using the Forcefit plan almost every day, and have enjoyed plenty of time with my mates to hang out together. I'll be driving a bunch of us on a trip for almost a week to have a blast before we go our separate ways with our own jobs and tertiary education. When my university starts in March I will properly get back on with self-development, but in the meantime I'm enjoying my holidays!

Best of luck to everyone on their journeys making their lives better :D

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

I came back from the 6 day trip with my friends, and I can say it has been a blast! In the past 5 days I've been working heaps as I've been continuing working at the restaurant and I've picked up a casual full-time job at a construction site as well. It has been super hectic because I've been working about 13-14 hours each day the past couple of days! Luckily I'll be going on a self-development type of course on a ship (Spirit of Adventure) with other people my age starting today, and I'll be doing that the next 10 days. I wish to advance my leadership skills on this trip, so let's see what I can do!

Edited by AlexTheGrape
Added 'Spirit of Adventure'

• 2 weeks later...

Very quick update: 

I've got back from my Spirit of Adventure trip and it has been a blast! I have lots to tell and type, but I literally don't have the time! I'm juggling working a full-time construction job and my original part-time restaurant job at the moment and I'm barely even managing to make myself lunch for the next day, I just don't have enough time! I'll be finishing the construction job on Thursday and so within the next two weeks everything should have returned to normal pace. Thanks for you patience, reader! :)

Very quick update: 

I've got back from my Spirit of Adventure trip and it has been a blast! I have lots to tell and type, but I literally don't have the time! I'm juggling working a full-time construction job and my original part-time restaurant job at the moment and I'm barely even managing to make myself lunch for the next day, I just don't have enough time! I'll be finishing the construction job on Thursday and so within the next two weeks everything should have returned to normal pace. Thanks for you patience, reader! :)

Proud of you brother! Great role model for this community. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. :)

How's it going, Alex?

Great thanks! I'm very busy at the moment filling up my time before university starts, but it is working out fine.

Proud of you brother! Great role model for this community. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. :)

Thank you Cam! You'll hear about them soon, I promise! :)

Monday: Worked 9.5 hours, then got some tax stuff and monthly planning done in the evening.

Tuesday: Worked 13.5 hours, even eating dinner cut into my sleeping time.

Today: Worked 9.5 hours, had an hour of chill time at a friend's place, did some tax paperwork and relevant calls.

Today has been an alright day. I started later because I had been at the Marshmallo party in the park with friends last night, and was really tired. I went to two lectures and a two hour design tutorial (with studying and such in between) so it was a relatively normal day.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for the new headphones I bought myself.

I am grateful for the clarity that comes with reflective tools such as journaling.

I am grateful for my best friend doing the same course as me.

I left my phone on the bus as I got off of it to get home, but by the time I checked my pocket for my phone, the bus had already driven away. Thankfully I had the thought to drive my car to intercept the bus course along its loop, so I was able to catch the same bus to grab my phone. I feel annoyed that I left my phone on the bus as I could have prevented that, but I’m grateful I was so lucky to get it back.

Workout/run

Nope. I’m now doing 3-4 gym workouts + runs a week, as sometimes I don’t have the time to exercise. I’m thinking of having a small amount of exercise on days I don’t go to the gym, so I’ll make sure to give the dog a run on those days.

Done. I’ve started using google calendar, so I’ve now scheduled my day into hour blocks.

Exercise planning

Explained above. I’m using the treadmill, rowing machine, and doing press-ups etc.

Meditation

No.

Visualisation

No.

Daily affirmation

No.

Fully cold shower

No.

Reading + taking notes

No.

Yup, but I’m now changing that to 8:50pm.

Jar of Awesome

Nope.

Japanese learning

Nope. Right now it isn’t a priority so I’ll remove it next time.

Cook a meal

I simply don’t have the time to do this every day now that I’m in university now, but I plan to cook a dinner once a week.

This is from before. I’ll try to achieve it.

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal(s)

3 Month Goal

12 Month Goal

48 Month Goal

What went well today:

Getting on with working (eventually) in the bus.

Procrastinating by listening to my headphones. I’ll make sure to only use them if I’m working on the bus or as a reward.

Do my old daily habits! I’ll have a bit more trouble fitting it into my schedule though :/

I’m going to meditate in the morning, and get on with all the other habits I previously had.

Photo Stream

Here’s a photo of Auckland city that I took about a month ago!

DSC03081.JPG

So hi everyone, I'm back on the forum! I finished my fourth day of university today, and I'm now reintroducing my daily habits to try and up the quality of my days. I have a lot to write about my Spirit of Adventure trip and such, but for now I need to go to sleep. Stay tuned! :D