NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - Alex

AlexTheGrape

My posts for the past couple of days:

Post-Detox Day 213

Today has been a difficult day of studying, largely because my biology exam is tomorrow, and so it became very tiresome to be consistently studying the same topics. I spent some great time with a teacher learning about gardens, how to start one, and how to maintain one. Starting a vegetable garden would be a great project for the summer holidays. I was quite upset at the US election result, but perhaps it’ll be for the better. I managed to get all my habits done, however my run was short and I don’t think I visualised. I’ve kept up the cold showering, I really don’t know if it has been helping me though.

Post-Detox Day 212

The first half of today was spent on revision, and then I had my biology exam. I think I did OK, as I know I could have done better if I had started with a paper I was confident with so that I don’t run out of time on those papers. Not much else happened today. I got most of my daily habits done, the ones I didn’t do were visualisation and meditation.

These pictures I took on Wednesday. It's a reflection of my watch-face from a beam of light coming into my room.

iPhone photos and videos 050.JPG

iPhone photos and videos 058.JPG

My posts for the past couple of days:

Post-Detox Day 215

Today has been a generally good day of revision at school. I was begged by my peers to stay with them in the common room and I eventually obliged, but this distracted me from my studying. In the afternoon I spent two hours simply reading articles and watching videos, and then had to work up until the latest I’ve ever done! Overall it’s been a good day. I don’t think I got many of my habits done, but there was definitely exercise.

Post-Detox Day 216

Today I was quite tired to start off with, and ended up doing some 2 hours of driving. I test drove a car that I’m quite happy with, and I think I’m getting close to finally having a car of my own. I did some shopping for the family, and was able to spend some good time with my little brother doing so. I also was lucky enough to watch a movie with my family (Harry Potter!). I didn’t exercise today, and didn’t get any of my daily habits done (except for cold shower and reading). That means I only have one day left that I can’t exercise this month.

I took this photo ten minutes ago, cos y'know, I don't want any riots against me for not posting photos...

iPhone photos and videos 003.JPG

Edited by AlexTheGrape
Grammar

Post-Detox Day 216

Today I’ve attempted to study, but it didn’t turn out that well when my schedule got really disrupted. I had a really long call with my accountability partner though, and I’m sure it’ll be really worth it for my buddy. I didn’t get all that much exercise done, but it was still some 15 minutes or so, so it doesn’t count as a failed exercise day.

Something that I have wanted to do for a few days but hadn’t remembered to add to my journal was to add “Exercise planning”, as it has become very common for me to do a poor job of exercising if I don’t plan what I want to do in advance.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for having a game-free lifestyle.

I am grateful for having an inspiring accountability partner.

I am grateful to be part of a great family.

One amazing thing that happened/I did today

Having a call with my accountability partner was a very grounding experience! I was able to provide heaps of practical advice and help set up plans for him and he did the same for me. It’ll be really great to see how far this takes us.

Workout/run

Yup (barely)

Exercise planning

Tomorrow I’m going to run 2.4km in under 10 minutes! (It’s been a while since I did that!).

Meditation

Nope.

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmation

Nope.

Cold shower

Yup.

NoFap

Yup.

Reading + taking notes

Yup.

Getting to bed before 9pm

Nope.

Weekly Goal(s)

I want to make sure to do 9 x 50 minute study sessions daily, with exceptions for days in which I don’t have the full amount of time free for studying (i.e. working or other necessary activities).

I’ve done plenty of studying this week, but I’m not sure if I was even able to reach the 9 x 50 minute mark this week. It could be because of the house I was living at, but it’s of course just me that’s accountable for my results as I’m the one who spends the 24 hours in my day.

Monthly Goal

This month I want to have exercised for at least 20 minutes every day, and I’ll leave an error margin of 3 days in which I won’t fail this goal by not exercising (2 error days left).

3 Month Goal (2 months left!)

My three month goal is to develop my leadership skills enough to confidently coach a sports team or lead another form of community group.

What went well today:

Having an exercise break.

What didn’t go well today:

A lot of things: Not doing my morning routine and slacking off with studying are the main ones.

What I could have done to make my day better:

I could have gotten to bed quicker, gotten out of bed quicker, and minimised procrastination (I’ve now ‘hidden’ my distracting apps away in a folder in my phone).

What I will do differently tomorrow:

I’m going to start planning the exercise I want to do the night before (here in my journal). I’ll be back to studying at school for best productivity.

Photo Stream

I took this one a while ago when out for a run.

iPhone photos and videos 025.JPG

A quick post for yesterday:

Post-Detox Day 217

Today has been a day choca-filled with studying! I went to school to study and got some help with a few questions I was unsure about. I got about 9 x 50 minutes of studying done (maybe 20min less) but was a great success overall. Thankfully by planning the exercise I wanted to do the night before, I had very little hesitation to get on with my run. I didn’t make the 10 minute goal (it took longer), but I got a great run done and that’s what matters.

Post-Detox Day 217

Today has been the day of my physics exam, and I feel I’ve prepared well for it. Literally the only question I wasn’t able to answer was the very last one because I ran out of time! I’m very proud of the work I’ve done, and I think I’ll get the top grade for two of my three papers I did (mechanics and electricity). The first half of the day I was doing practice questions, and going over past practice papers I’ve done, the second half of the day was filled with doing the exam and driving (lots of traffic!). I got a bit of exercise done in the morning, but not much as I needed to keep on time.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for having some questions that I knew how to answer well.

I am grateful for being able to drive myself and my brother now.

I am grateful for having free time.

During my revision this morning I came across a hard question on determining the energy needed to get through a loop-the-loop in a previous topic test I did, so I researched it and asked a few people how they approach it. Nobody told me properly how to do it so I figured it out myself eventually… And there was a question almost exactly like it in my mechanics paper! I knew exactly what to do and felt ecstatic on my luck/work that I had gone over my previous errors.

Workout/run

Very briefly, done.

Meditation

Done. That was actually whilst waiting for my exam to start haha. It really helped.

Visualisation

No.

Daily affirmation

No.

Cold shower

Yes.

NoFap

Yes. It has come to my attention that my online profile isn’t private anymore, so I will no longer be posting things like this.

Reading + taking notes

Yup.

Nope. I haven’t been doing well at this one at all! I need to turn my alarms on again.

Weekly Goal(s)

I want to make sure to do 9 x 50 minute study sessions daily, with exceptions for days in which I don’t have the full amount of time free for studying (i.e. working or other necessary activities).

Monthly Goal

This month I want to have exercised for at least 20 minutes every day, and I’ll leave an error margin of 3 days in which I won’t fail this goal by not exercising (1 error day left).

My three month goal is to develop my leadership skills enough to confidently coach a sports team or lead another form of community group.

What went well today:

Studying lots.

I didn’t go to bed at the right time (I’m also up past 9pm writing this, so yeah…)

I could have went to sleep on time.

I’m going to put my set of alarms back on again.

Photo Stream

This one was of an amazing sunset when I was running yesterday morning!

iPhone photos and videos 001.JPG

Everything allright at your place? I heard there was an earthquake at NZ and thought of you.

Thank you very much for checking up on me, I really appreciate it. I live up in Auckland, so although many people felt it here there hasn't been any damage here as far as I'm aware. Cheers for that! :)

I still haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies. Am I still allowed to hang out with you guys? xD

Absolutely not. The only thing we judge people by in this community is their wizardry skills :P

I've heard once that chemistry is the highest magic ever known by muggles :D Maybe I won't be rejected by the community :P

Edited by hycniejsy
typo

My post for yesterday:

Post-Detox Day 219

Today has been an okay day of studying. I started off the day by doing the 2.4km run, trying to do it under 10 minutes, and I took the dog with me. My day was disrupted because I was contacted by someone using somebody else’s identity to divulge information from me, so I had to do lots of messaging to figure out what was going on. Nothing significant has happened to me though, so it is not a worry. I had a good chat with my brother this afternoon, and I feel he might be getting his life sorted.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for having time to relax at the end of the day.

I am grateful for having pen pals.

I am grateful for being able to drive.

I had a great text conversation with a friend of mine, we’re setting up a day of photography!

Workout/run

Yup x 2 (I had a run in the afternoon too!)

Exercise planning

Tomorrow I’m going to do 3 sets of workout in a row (takes about 20 minutes if I’m fast).

Meditation

Nope.

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmation

Nope.

Cold shower

Yup.

Reading + taking notes

Yup.

Nope.

Daily application of self-development skills (NEW!)

I’m bringing this one back as I need to start applying what I’m reading, otherwise I’ll end up with a pile of notes that aren’t used.

Tomorrow I’m going to make sure to not respond to any messages until I’m in a study break (this is practicing ‘be proactive’) as I’d normally impulsively respond to it and hence disrupt the work I’m doing.

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

This month I want to have exercised for at least 20 minutes every day, and I’ll leave an error margin of 3 days in which I won’t fail this goal by not exercising (1 error day left).

What went well today:

Exercising.

I wasn’t fast enough to get ready for school, and I let messaging and such make me angry and disrupt the work I was doing.

I could have gotten more sleep, and packed my bag in advance to reduce time taken to do so in the morning.

I’m going to pre-pack my bag, obey my alarms (to get to sleep on time), and ignore urgent but non-important things.

Photo Stream

Here is the dog using his hypnotic magic powers to convince me to give him a walk. 

I watched and read every HP part except the newest one. I'm master at riot magic, but no show-off this time, thanks to @AlexTheGrape who posted more pictures from NZ! I hope that I could see that beautiful landscape one day.

Greetings!

These skills might come in handy for your riot magic!

Post-Detox Day 220

Today has been a wonderful day of studying! I started off the day with a workout which went well, and I was quick enough in the morning to catch the bus on time. I got a total of 8 x 50 minutes of studying done today + 50 mins of completing urgent emailing tasks, so I’m quite happy with what I’ve accomplished today.

I realise that I haven’t been getting my meditation and visualisation etc. done that much recently, largely due to needing to drive rather than be driven to my bus stop (in which I’d normally spend doing these). I’m going to need to reschedule when I do these, so I think I’ll opt for as soon as I get onto the bus/as soon as I finish driving.

This evening I shared some ideas with my parents about more efficient ways to manage chores in the house, and they were surprisingly receptive. I was also shown appreciation for doing chores without being asked, and that made my evening.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for having my work appreciated.

I am grateful for dedicated, hard-working teachers that are always willing to help.

I am grateful for ice cream.

Another one because I want to: I am grateful for learning how to write on PDFs.

I was able to keep my day balanced in general by getting help with calculus work from teachers whilst around friends in the second half of my school day. I was able to accelerate my learning whilst keeping upbeat by sharing jokes and such with friends. I was very happy in general during this time and was satisfied with the work I had accomplished because of it.

Workout/run

Yup! I managed to do the 3 sets I planned.

Exercise planning

Tomorrow I want to run the dog for 2.4km and do it under 10 minutes.

Meditation

Nope.

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmation

Nope.

Cold shower

Yup.

Reading + taking notes

Yup.

Nope.

“Tomorrow I’m going to make sure to not respond to any messages until I’m in a study break (this is practicing ‘be proactive’) as I’d normally impulsively respond to it and hence disrupt the work I’m doing.

I did message when I was interrupted whilst working, but it was only 5 minutes or so. It still means I didn’t reach my goal, so I’ll need to retry that one tomorrow.

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

What went well today:

I kept my day balanced, which has really paid off as I didn’t feel any need to have a leisure activity afterwards.

I didn’t clear my head with meditation and help motivation with visualisation.

I could have gotten more sleep, again.

I’m not going on the bus tomorrow so I won’t be able to meditate, but I’ll make sure to do it first thing when I get to school (+ vis. and affirmations).

Photo Stream

Here is a picture I took from the bus window, perhaps hinting that it was going to be a good day.

I'm very busy right now and have had to deal with a lot of distractions recently, so I'll put up a full post in due time. For now, I encourage that you take advantage of the Headspace promotion before it ends in a day or so! It’s like 90% off for three months with this deal, so is a must have for anyone looking to get into mediation… (I’m not paid to put this here or anything, I am genuinely excited about this deal!). https://www.headspace.com/promo?utm_source=trialist&utm_medium=email&utm_content=everybodyhs_winter&utm_campaign=2016winteroffer

My post for Friday:

Post-Detox Day 221

Today has been a generally good day of revision at school: I managed to get plenty done and balanced my day by spending time studying with friends. I’ve been reminded that group revision gets less effective the more people are in it, however. In the evening I went to a surprise party for one of my friends, it was a fun time and it was great to catch up with all the people there. Immediately afterwards I had to work until late – it was a busy day but still a good day.

I had a good run in the morning, but otherwise I didn’t meet any of my habits. Driving to school shouldn’t be happening too often, but if it does I need to make sure I put the time in to meditate and visualise.

My post for yesterday:

Post-Detox Day 222

Today has been a relatively unproductive and slow starting day. I was very tired in the morning and took a long time to get ready to study. I failed miserably at not replying to messages whilst working, so I’m going to need to develop the guts to just say no to people who want to talk to me. I’ve removed Facebook messenger and many other distractions from my phone now, so I think I’ll have a lot less distractions on hand.

One of my pen pals converted to Islam and tried to assert her own beliefs on me, and I didn’t react well. In future I’ll need to ignore such behaviour, even if they taunt that they’re right if I can’t respond, as it is the right thing to do.

I did my daily habits relatively slowly and so it ended up cutting into study time.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for having the freedom to control my phone, not the other way around.

I am grateful for having an amazing family.

I am grateful for seeing my dad again.

Getting out for a run in the morning was refreshing, it always brings a smile to my face to zoom as fast as possible with the dog when starting off.

Workout/run

Yup.

Exercise planning

I hadn’t planned the last day of exercise. I’m just going to do one workout set tomorrow morning as I’m going to be having an exam and don’t want to risk being late.

Meditation

Yup.

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmation

Nope.

Cold shower

Yup.

Reading + taking notes

Nope.

Nope.

“Tomorrow I’m going to make sure to not respond to any messages until I’m in a study break (this is practicing ‘be proactive’) as I’d normally impulsively respond to it and hence disrupt the work I’m doing.

I’m keeping this one, I’m failing at it a lot.

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

This month I want to have exercised for at least 20 minutes every day, and I’ll leave an error margin of 3 days in which I won’t fail this goal by not exercising (0 error days left).

What went well today:

Not that much, other than I exercised.

A lot. I procrastinated getting up, was slow getting up, and let my studying be interrupted.

I could have made sure to not procrastinate on many levels, and not jump onto my phone when pinged.

I’ve deleted some apps that ping me, but tomorrow I’m just going to need to knuckle down and do the best work I can in the time I have.

Photo Stream

This is a photo I took whilst on my morning run yesterday. Many more photos from this run to come!

iPhone photos and videos 003.JPG

Post-Detox Day 223

Today has been an ordinary weekend day. I managed to get up and start work at a reasonable time, and got a reasonable amount of work done. Having FB messenger, snapchat, and Instagram off my phone in combination with a Headspace subscription has really made my day calmer in general.

I’ve downloaded the first Harry Potter book on my kindle, it will be a nice break from my self-development reading for during breaks.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for canned soup.

I am grateful for a dog that is ever-optimistic about going for a run.

I am grateful for having a room of my own.

I am grateful for the summer sun beating down on me for the short time I spent reading outside, it was as calming and relaxing as any meditation could be.

Workout/run

Yup. I did quite a bit more than I planned!

Exercise planning

I’m just going to do one workout set tomorrow morning as I’m going to be having an exam and don’t want to risk being late.

Meditation

Yup.

Visualisation

Yup.

Daily affirmation

Yup.

Cold shower

Yup.

Reading + taking notes

Nope.

Nope.

Daily application of self-development skills

I’m getting better and have managed to not respond to any messages during study time today. However this is largely due to me getting almost none (lol) so I’ll keep it for the next day too.

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

This month I want to have exercised for at least 20 minutes every day, and I’ll leave an error margin of 3 days in which I won’t fail this goal by not exercising (0 error days left).

What went well today:

Getting through my morning schedule set me up for the day pretty well, and I think this might have helped me get started with work on time.

Generally having untimed breaks and boredom took its toll.

I could have made sure to get up on time, get enough sleep (a common theme here…) and keep up my effort with studying in general.

I’m going to get to bed on time, and generally do the best I can with my studying efforts.

Photo Stream

This is another photo I took whilst on my morning run on Friday.

iPhone photos and videos 008.JPG