NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - Alex

AlexTheGrape

WAS THE GRILL HOT

? Sorry but you'll need to be a bit clearer with your jokes :)

Grill is Internet slang for Girl. He basically asks you, if the Girls you talked to in the train was hot.

I think our friend WorkInProgress is up to something here :3.

Post-Detox Day 133

Today has been another good day. I had fencing in the afternoon, and watched some Olympics highlights with the family. I packed my school day with activity to get ahead with my studies, and I’m glad overall on how I’ve spent my time today.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful to have the opportunity to do fencing as a sport.

I am grateful for the learning resources I have.

I am grateful for plastics and how they transform the way we live.

One amazing thing that happened/I did today:

Today in fencing I just kept fencing… literally! I went from person to person asking for bouts to make sure I was constantly active and improving my fencing skills. I only get in one practice a week so I’m quite happy to push myself for just that one day of the week.

Workout/run

I was about to, then skipped it today because I knew I’d get exercise in the afternoon. A poor excuse, I’ll have to do better tomorrow.

Meditation

Done, another short one though.

Visualisation

Yup.

Daily affirmations

Done.

Reading + taking notes

Done. I’ve now finished reading about proactivity as a habit, I now need to implement it into my daily life.

Getting to bed before 9pm

I’m on track to get to bed for 9:05 or so.

100% Homework effort NEW!

I kept myself busy on the bus home, and most of the way to school. I’d say I’ve given 80% homework effort today, which is pretty good.

Daily social goal

“Take on a leadership role in group conversation – e.g. ask the questions people answer to. I want to do this at least twice tomorrow.” I kept myself busy with a maths class at lunch, so I didn’t make time for it today.

Social goal for tomorrow:

Same as yesterday: Take on a leadership role in group conversation – e.g. ask the questions people answer to. I want to do this at least twice tomorrow.

Less than 15 minutes of Youtube

Yup

No procrastination before studying

Pretty minimal.

What I could have done to make my day better:

I could have had my work out. Otherwise today went pretty well.

What I will do differently tomorrow:

I’m going to be more proactive towards my studying.

Photo Stream

None today, I didn’t go for a run.

Photography lineup

Perhaps take a guess where I took this one; it's where I took loads of good photos.

DSC01735.JPG

Post-Detox Day 134

Gonna make this quick, I need to get to bed soon.

Today has been pretty uneventful; I got a good workout done and approached school with an ‘average’ attitude.

I’ve tried a new approach to planning, but ironically the more complex it is the less time I seem to have to complete it. I think I should just try and tackle my work as soon as possible.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for having different coloured pens.

I am grateful for walking on two legs.

I am grateful for a consistent, safe environment.

By greeting so many people warmly recently, I’ve now been getting friendly greetings from others first. It is a great way to make people’s day.

Workout/run

Done.

Meditation

Done, and done twice!

Visualisation

Yup x2

Daily affirmations

Done.

Reading + taking notes

Done.

Yesterday there was quite a delay to get to bed, I need to pack up faster.

100% Homework effort NEW!

I did lots of planning, not so much working. 80% effort today.

Daily social goal

“Take on a leadership role in group conversation – e.g. ask the questions people answer to. I want to do this at least twice tomorrow.” I practiced this once. It didn’t result in anything spectacular, but getting comfortable with more group conversation would be something good to get into.

Make sure to minimise phone usage when there are people around to talk to.

Yup.

Again, pretty minimal.

I could have been more proactive towards my studying.

I’m going to get on with tasks I need to do as soon as I can.

My post for yesterday:

Post-Detox Day 135

Today was another good day at school; it was a mix of relaxed classes and ones more engaging. I didn’t get up early enough to get the exercise I was going to in, and I regret not doing that.

I didn’t minimise phone usage like I wanted to, but on the other hand it wasn’t out of control either. I made dinner with my father, and was good to get some more cooking experience under my belt.

Post-Detox Day 136

Today I fenced Sabre with my team from my school against other high school teams… We came 1st place! It was wonderful to come first for a change.

In the afternoon I didn’t get up to much and I haven’t done well with my daily habits today, but as long as I punch up my effort tomorrow I’ll be happy with my effort this weekend.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for having pizza tonight.

I am grateful for finally winning a fencing competition.

I am grateful for having support around when I need it.

When I was feeling lethargic and just couldn’t get started with my studying, I decided to go for a run. I had much resistance against going out for a run when it was so dark (it was about 7pm) and the nipping cold, but I did it anyway. I enjoyed the run although I pushed myself somewhat.

Workout/run

Done.

Meditation

Skipped.

Visualisation

Skipped.

Daily affirmations

Nope.

Reading + taking notes

I went to sleep too late for that.

Yesterday I didn’t get to sleep at 9pm. I’m consistently not doing this on time, I’ll need to change my alarm times.

100% Homework effort

30% effort today (poor!), I need to do better tomorrow.

Daily social goal

Didn't set one yesterday.

Strike up conversations with three strangers.

Yup.

Heaps of procrastination.

I could have made sure to not play music whilst trying to get tasks done, as I know I find it more distracting than helpful.

I’m going to have a full on studying day to get done as much as I can.

Photo stream

Unfortunately my phone decided to run out of power just when I was opening my camera app!

Photography lineup

You can probably have a guess where I took this one, it's where I took a ton of photos.

DSC01771.JPG

Posts for the past few days:

Post-Detox Day 137

Today was mostly dedicated to studying. I tried studying from home, although this turned out to be less effective than my newer method of going to the library and simulating a school day. I did both a work out and run, and I’m confident that I’ll do well in my assessment day for the Defence Force on Tuesday (consists of physical, maths, and pattern recognition tests).

Post-Detox Day 138

Today I’ve been back to school for the week, and the day went relatively smoothly. The homework has stacked up a little, but I’ve been able to handle it well today. It’s been very busy, and it seems like it’ll be a busy week for me.

Post-Detox Day 139

Today has been a great success! I had my assessment day with the Defence Force (with about 11 other people) and I think I’ve aced the tests. I beat everybody in all the physical tests, even those who were years older than me; I did 41 push ups in a row and scored something like 12.6 in the beep test (probably a little more, I can’t remember), just to name a couple. I think I did fairly well in the other [paper] tests, but I’ll just need to wait for the results to come back.

My post for today:

Post-Detox Day 140

Today has been another good day at school. Although I’ve got a little bit of work to catch up on, I’ve done pretty well to get most of it done today. The day has otherwise been pretty uneventful.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for being literate.

I am grateful for the wonderful dinner I had tonight.

I am grateful for websites in general.

I had fencing practice this afternoon, and it has by far been the most fun I’ve had in a long time! I put 110% effort in and my opponents did too; it made for very interesting and fun bouts.

That’s it for today, I am trying to get to bed before 9pm.

Post-Detox Day 140

Today has been a superb day at school; I asked lots of questions and it felt I was making major progress in class.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for being a Homo Sapien.

I am grateful for facial tissues.

I am grateful for having wonderful grandparents.

There was a great seminar at my school today by a special guest about what society perceives as being a ‘real man’ and masculinity. I already knew a lot of the concepts, but having them laid out in a clear way was a very beneficial experience.

Workout/run

Done, albeit short today.

Meditation

Done.

Visualisation

Done, but a bit short today.

Daily affirmations

Nope.

Reading + taking notes

I went to sleep too late for that.

I certainly did! It may have contributed to my activity in class today.

100% Homework effort

I’d say I gave it 80%, the reason I wasn’t getting the most out of my time has been too much planning. I think I’ll just have to grudgingly accept that getting the work done quickly is a priority if I only get a few hours in the afternoon for it, so I need to minimise planning time.

Daily social goal

Didn't set one yesterday.

I’m going to make sure to greet everyone with a smile, even if I don’t know them. It’ll be difficult to keep up a smile for most of the day, but I can bet good things will come of it.

Yup.

A little.

I could have had a decent run in the morning; that’d have boosted my alertness levels in the morning.

I’m going to have a longer run in the morning.

Post-Detox Day 145

The past few days have whizzed by, I’ve been keeping myself busy with studying for upcoming mock exams and just haven’t made the time to post. I think I’ll try and keep them as short and simple as possible if my time needs to be invested elsewhere so that I don’t put off posting entirely.

Yesterday I had a two interview with the Air Force, which has progressed my application further. If all goes well I’ll potentially have a life-long career.

Today has been another good day at school. Most classes have been rather productive, but I need to work on ignoring my surroundings and distracting people if I’m to work in a noisy environment.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for the two course dinner I had tonight.

I am grateful for having a room to myself.

I am grateful for my new sharp haircut.

One amazing thing that happened/I did today

I got plenty of positive comments about my new haircut, it was certainly something that made my day more enjoyable.

Workout/run

Day off, I injured myself running yesterday.

Meditation

Done x2

Visualisation

Done.

Daily affirmations

Yup.

Reading + taking notes

Yup, didn’t take notes though.

I did pretty well with that yesterday.

100% Homework effort & minimal procrastination

I’d say I gave it 90%. I didn’t put in the maximum effort because I procrastinated a little in the afternoon.

Daily social goal

I’m not going to worry about these for now; I am spending most of my lunch times studying.

Yup.

I could have made sure to separate my free time and work time as it would have made studying more efficient. I could have removed myself from noisy places to do studying

I’m going to make sure I sit in a quiet space for studying, and put in 100% homework/studying effort.

Photo Stream

Here's a couple from the last two days. As a bonus you can get to see some of my hair hanging in view (before I got my haircut).

Photography Lineup

I'm going to stop posting my more scenic ones; I'll just post any good photos I've taken recently. I keep consistently posting old ones and so it doesn't push me to exercise my photography skills. I'll post these on my work out days instead of a stream.

iPhone photos and videos 003.JPG

iPhone photos and videos 002.JPG

Post-Detox Day 148

Today has been a very busy day at school, I’ve been making the most of my time though by chasing teachers to help me in my subjects where needed. I’ve been a little slacking this week in terms of exercise, I’ve been up late studying and haven’t brought myself to doing many workouts or morning runs. Leading on from that, today I’ve been a little out of touch with my morning habits as I’ve skipped them for more homework time. That’ll change for my next week though.

My past few days have been more of the same: Get up and study hard till the end of the day, rinse and repeat. This won’t continue for too long though, I’ve only got a week till mock exams. Luckily it’s my Birthday tomorrow so I’ll get some nice respite from this cycle!

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for the gift of life.

I am grateful for the thousands of breaths I can take each day.

I am grateful for electricity.

I had a fun call with a close friend this afternoon, it was a great way to wrap up my day.

Workout/run

Nope.

Meditation

Nope.

Visualisation

Yup.

Daily affirmations

Nope.

Reading + taking notes

Nope.

I did pretty well with

100% Homework effort & minimal procrastination

95%! I’ve done well during the day to do the most I could with school time, with the exception of my last class.

Yup. I’m going to phase this one out as I’ve now been consistently keeping my watching time down.

I could have gone to bed earlier, I’ve been up too late studying.

I’m going to try to get to bed on time, but it’s my birthday so I probably won’t. :P

Photo Stream

I took this one not too long ago when I went on a night run.

iPhone photos and videos 006.JPG

Post-Detox Day 149

Today has been awesome, I received a ton of birthday wishes, many from people I’d otherwise never have met had I not quit gaming. I spent some quality time with my family and grandparents, and saw a few friends. I had a good run in the morning, but didn’t do any of my other daily habits as I ran out of time (I was at a university open day for a good portion of the day). I’ll be back onto it tomorrow.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for the prestigious universities that are in my city.

I am grateful for my free birthday burrito.

I am grateful for the many birthday wishes I’ve received today.

Receiving heart-warming birthday wishes from my close friends was the highlight of today, I’m happy to have such great friends.

Workout/run

Yup.

Meditation

Nope.

Visualisation

Nope.

Daily affirmations

Nope.

Reading + taking notes

Nope.

Almost! I’m on track to do that today though.

100% Homework effort & minimal procrastination

- -

I think I’ve had a great day today, I made sure to not bog myself down with any work so I can’t improve in that area today.

I’m going to get up a little earlier to get studying on time.

Photo Stream

A few days I took this one whilst a passenger in a car, but it was a great view!

iPhone photos and videos 017.JPG