NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Sjoti's Journal - 90 days are done. Going for something bigger now

sjoti

With doing nothing I'm talking about doing things that have no benefit at all, such as browsing reddit before I go to sleep. Watching youtube videos because I don't feel like doing anything. This holds me back, brings me no benefit at all. I don't relax by doing that, I hurt my sleep which is really needed. 

Starting today, no more browsing reddit in bed. This is the moment I browse reddit the most and where stopping the behavior benefits me the most.

Thanks again for reading!

I have the same problem, one way I have to go around this is to take a break at every 30 mins on whatever I'm doing. But still, sometimes it ends up eating about 2 hours of my day.

Anyways, I got my books for next year. I started practicing a bit of calculus again, luckily next year starts with super basic stuff. I need to learn how to sketch, so I'll be doing that every day while recording my progress. Once I notice some decent progression I'll share it with you guys!

Hey, I faced calculus on my first semester of pharmacy, and I wanted to say: You can beat this! If I did this with an effort, then you'll do this too!

Btw. can't wait for photos of your sketches!

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist.

Day 67:

Today's experience: Socializing can sure be exhausting.

After that, 10 hours of managing them, chatting, being there. It's something I enjoy it but at the same time it just takes a ton of effort for me, it just made me realize that I really enjoy my alone time.

I think this has too to a lot with being either and introvert or extrovert. For an introvert is tiring to socialize and for an extrovert is the opposite. However 10 hours would exhaust anyone, haha.

No struggles with my old addictions whatsoever. I just have a lot of cleaning to do tomorrow. 

Keep it up!

Day 77:

I really appreciate the input and support from you guys. Keeps me motivated, gives me another pair of glasses to judge my situation with. Thank you!

Having said that, there's a thing that I need to adress. I've missed multiple journals. I've been incredibly busy with university starting today and a lot of time and energy goes into finding what works for me, and how I make this change work. It's going absolutely great, better than I had hoped, however, there's always room for improvement. One of the things I need to improve is how to take care of some things while still making sure I have my free time I can enjoy. 

It's a bit of experience I need to be able to do that, and time will tell me how I can do it.

Still, not a craving, with the occasional thought of gaming or smoking but nothing difficult to deal with at all. Breaking the addictions is going smooth, breaking habits and creating new ones is a bit more like a bumpy road. I'm getting there though, I'm feeling confident about it. 

Still, not a craving, with the occasional thought of gaming or smoking but nothing difficult to deal with at all. Breaking the addictions is going smooth, breaking habits and creating new ones is a bit more like a bumpy road. I'm getting there though, I'm feeling confident about it. 

That's the brutal truth. You can beat your addiction and your life can still look like a mess, because your only success is beating your addiction.

You should thrive, explore and find what fits for you. Nice to hear you feel confident about it btw. :)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Day 81:

The day has only just started (7 AM?!). I'm on the train to uni and I currently don't have much else to do since I've already finished all the homework/assignments and I'm still waiting).  on some more (which I should receive today). It's all going well. Waking up early, planning my stuff, keeping track of everything. 

I'm meeting new people at uni, classes are fun and in some classes I'm already way ahead  which means that my previous years of education weren't for nothing.
Slowly but surely, I'm learning how to sketch. I 'm learning the basics of SolidWorks and I'm getting into maths and physics again. There are some projects which I want to pick up but to be able to do that I'll have to drop some browsing and get my planning to be really well done so I can make time for those.  

All is well, only 9 days to go till 90. 90% done, who would've thought? Anyways, one thing I know for sure is that I'm going to keep up not gaming for longer than 90 days.

Fuck gaming, Hooray to life. 

Day 85:

The lesson of the day: People around you are crucial to your success. Both positive and negative.

People can be of great use when it comes to helping each other. Every single person in this world knows something you do not know. Use that. There's nobody in this world who knows exactly what you know, so there's always something you can share. Use that. Help each other out, combine your strengths and eliminate your weaknesses.
To give a more concrete example: At any school or uni, there are enough chances to work together. If not, you can create those moments. I'm way ahead in certain classes whilst others are far ahead in other classes. I use that. I plan moments where we get together. this creates an environment where people can teach and learn. Teaching someone solidifies your knowledge while being of great help to someone else, so it's a true win-win. Letting someone teach you something gives insight and if they are students as well they probably understand the struggles you are dealing with when it comes to understanding certain topics.

People can also drag each other down. In these 85 days, I got out of touch with quite a few people. All the people I lost contact with are people I only spend time playing LoL with. They were one of the big reasons I still enjoyed league at times, but they also prevented me from moving to a better place. They were detrimental to my success. These people never meant any harm to me. All they wanted was to have a good time. However, they took away chances of having a great time. 
To be 100% clear, the only people that I lost contact with in these 85 days are the people that only had one thing in common with me, which was gaming. Since gaming is gone we have nothing in common. That means there is nothing we share, nothing that holds us together. We are now useless to each other, so there is no reason to keep in touch.

Day 87:

I visited a museum in Germany today. Had a lot of fun and I took the opportunity to get to know some more people in class. Took care of making my planning 2 weeks long so I have some more oversight and I can work ahead in a structured way. 

I'm still trying to find ways to be more consistent and get the most out of my time. Productivity and enjoyment are things id like to optimize. I never took the chance to check and see how long i can study effectively and how many breaks I need to take. I never took the chance to figure out how I can remember most of the information I need to study. I never took the chance to see how much I could improve in any skill. I never took the chance to see how fast I can ride a 30km trail. I never took the chance to see if I can learn how to draw. 

I never took the chance to see if there's mutual interest with a girl.

I've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. I'm going to take that chance.

90 days are done. I've realized that I've got a long way to go and that that's totally fine; I also know that on that long road ahead I've got more control on where I end up.

Here's what I posted in the other thread. Short, but it conveys the biggest thing I've learned. 

Day 90:

I ended the detox at a festival. Amazing atmosphere, great people and lots and lots of fun. It wasn't planned or anything, but it seems to fit well with how I feel. Now I'm having a bit of a hangover, which is totally fine. 

Anyways, to get back to the 90 days.

There's a lot I've done, I took chances I've never taken before. I've been living a structured life, tried out new things, found out about new passions, started learning new skills. I can list some of these things, however, I'm just going to keep it short because it all comes down to a simple realization which made me improve by a whole lot. 

I learned that I can control my habits and behavior by taking action. This sounds so incredibly simple, so incredibly logical and rational and yet this is the first time I've ever been conscious of it. I can take care of any addiction. I can improve good habits and destroy bad habits. 

There's no chance I'm going back to gaming anytime soon. I'm enjoying my current state of being way too much :)

Thank you all for letting me share the stories with you guys, and thank you all for sharing stories with me. I'll be most active on discord as always, and I'll be keeping self-improvement up for longer than these 90 days. 90 Days are enough to make a change, but it's only the basis for something bigger. That's what I'm aiming for. 

• 2 months later...

I reached 6 months. At times it went quickly, some other times it was a little more slowly. 

I'm finally acting like a responsible person, taking care of the stuff I need to do.

I'm way more proactive.

I moved out. 

I'm performing at the top of my class at uni.

I started creating a drone with a group.

I have a much healthier lifestyle.

Socially I'm doing better than ever.

Need I say more? Maybe. I'll get to that soon :). The first week of 2017 is when I'll give this thread a nice update, maybe share a story or two.

@sjoti 

I see a lot of people who feel after 90 days that they are strong enough to take care of their own lives.  But what about us that are behind you.  We need your experience, strength and hope.

I'm there for everyone. I've been helping people on the discord channel day in, day out and I plan on sticking around right there. I would love to inspire, and that's why I'm going to make a longer post in a few weeks. 

Hopefully it will inspire!

Appreciate your contribution to the Discord channel. Makes a big difference.

i appreciate you saying that, and I'm really glad I can help.

Right now I'm taking a break. I'm on a week long skiing vacation which is absolutely amazing and it allows me to just take a step back and evaluate anything. My behaviour/habits, chances, opportunities and possible things that I need to look out for. I'll be back at the beginning of 2017!