NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

[NSFW] Marquess' journal (Cute emo girls inside!)

Marquess

1. 2. 2016, somewhere in the depths of Transylvania

As our expedition ventured further into the dark reaches of Transylvania, we encountered yet another peculiar tribe. They aren't native to the land, for they were all born female and plan to remain ones. What's more, they're submitting themselves to the blood gods of feminism, which is a practice not uncommon in Trans-ylvania, but the ways of this certain group are far more brutal and devout. Compared to them, even the nations of SJW Islands seem reasonable and even-minded. Therefore, as you will soon learn, it's not surprising that these feminist cultists decide to send their war parties to Transylvania.

Our team had to be very careful while examining their beliefs. It is speculated that many of them are able to detect the scent of male genitalia from as far as 5 miles, so we had to exercise great care to remain downwind from their encampment. Any kind of conflict would be difficult since our group was only lightly armed, and their she-fighters are known to attack any bipedal men without question. Finally, we managed to approach their camp and observe from a well hidden position.

Their beliefs are as follows: the human society is still dominated by patriarchy and inherently hateful to everything that is female. Males seek to subjugate and exploit all women while feeling great hatred for them. As a result of that, many females in turn hate themselves because their minds have been affected by a lifetime of male oppression. This, in a case of female-to-male (FtM) transgenders, results in a misguided belief that they are males and must expose themselves to a number of hormonal and surgical treatments to in fact become men and finally live their lives in happiness.

Of course, they see this as a mutilation of their divine femininity, which should be cherished and nurtured instead of obliterated. Little do they care for their struggles: one must obey the feminist (vaginal) blood gods of perish.

The tribes native to Transylvania respond to their attacks in two of ways. Many will simply avoid them, but some attack them on sight with great ferocity. During the 24 hours we set aside for observation, one such skirmish took place, and I will tell you this: us men are known to fight often and hard, but the sights we have witnessed on that day will haunt us forever. One often likes to think that there's a sense of honor, perhaps even brotherhood, among enemies in battle -- not in this case. The relentless bloodshed between the inhabitants of Trans-lands and the feminist blood cultists is devoid of any humanity or hope.

They fight because they must. And when they fight, they hope to die.

People on Transylvania are indeed a troubled folk. Even so, in our travels, we have so far visited a number of settlements that were peaceful and even prosperous to a degree. It is a harsh land, and many of them are not proud without a reason.

As I'm writing this, my team is already asleep, and I better join them. Tomorrow, we ride at sunrise.

Edited by Marchosias

How about Transexual Transylvania, hmm? Wohooo, songs, debauchery and BDSM lingerie! I think I once saw a documentary about russian neo-nazi trans gangs. I'm not sure if it was a joke, Internet these days... since always, actually.

90 days detox, yes! I'm also going for it, let's do this!

I'd totally join that gang :3.

Those are all very different things that you've listed, though :P. I don't know whether transsexuals are any more in BDSM than other people ... but I can show you entire subreddits where everyone would be outraged by you suggesting that members of a gender minority are more likely to engage in alternative sexual practices just because their sexual identities don't conform the norms. YOU RACIST SHITLORD REPORTED :((

Edited by Marchosias

I understand the primary function of these 90 days is to show how life, in general, tends to be better without gaming to those who don't fully understand how addicted they are. This doesn't apply to me even remotely; I'm very well aware that I can never ever play WoW again if I want a life that deserves to be called that. I can imagine scenarios in which playing would be less damaging than it would be now, but it'll always be a huge net loss for me no matter what.

Yes and no - the other important thing that the 90 days does is gives your brain a chance to rewire. Currently, at Day 2, you can't imagine never playing games again. I felt the same way. But over time as your brain changes you will become less addicted, and there's a real chance that games won't be as fun or interesting anymore, and that if you stay away long enough, the pull to return will diminish.

You seem to be further along the addiction spectrum than I was, so 90 days may not be enough. Hard to say. But I guarantee you'll learn valuable things in your 90 days regardless.

Dude, you now basically have to talk to me every day, AND you're replying here as well? We need to plan this, or it's gonna turn awkward FAST :P.

I think the last time WoW's been truly fun for me was in 2012, so it's not that much about fun, but more about just getting over the addiction. (Despite the lack of subject, comma before "but" is correct here because I'm emphasizing contrast. Grammar Girl says so in her book. Ok. This is more of a note to myself.)

In all my 8 years of playing, I don't think I ever took a break longer than a month. I kinda doubt it was ever longer than three weeks actually ... so we'll see what 90 days does, lol.

I think it should be fairly effective since the game isn't fun, I know I'm addicted, I actually know what I want to do, and I also have you people here. And everything's gonna be horrible for me if I don't quit.

Edited by Marchosias

I think it should be fairly effective since the game isn't fun, I know I'm addicted, I actually know what I want to do, and I also have you people here. And everything's gonna be horrible for me if I don't quit.

To visualize the negatives of relapsing is a good  start. But think also about the positive things wich will await you in your future.Picture them. Often. Helps to motivate me atleast;)

gratulations on trying again anyway. I will check in here again.gl man you got this

To visualize the negatives of relapsing is a good  start. But think also about the positive things wich will await you in your future.Picture them. Often. Helps to motivate me atleast;)

gratulations on trying again anyway. I will check in here again.gl man you got this

Absolutely. Positive visualization ist krieg.

Yeah, I know the technical details of this whole ordeal that this topic is are awkward and don't make for a terribly majestic story. I pretty much lied about not relapsing, for which I apologize to everyone here.

Knowledge isn't a large issue; it's more about just going through with it. I know there's a lot to say about addiction, recovery, etc, and these topics need to be discussed as a part of the process, but there are times when John Cena-style bro-tivation isn't out of place. I'm not going to YouTube it, I'll just imagine it.

Day 3: Not in Kansas Yet (I don't know)

I don't know whether it's a good idea to write about actual gaming here, but I'm clearly going to do it, so let's just go with it. My only real goal, more like an obsession, was to make a TBC balance druid work in PVP. But Marchosias, you'll say, what do you mean with TBC? Not only the expansion hasn't been available for years, (but) I also have no idea what TBC even is as I've never played World of Warcraft. Sure, don't worry. It's just a not terribly viable way of playing that can be tweaked in a number of ways. With the right equipment, right abilities, playstyle, and mindset, it's possible to make it somewhat successful. You'll still get facerolled by, say, warlocks for no reason, but at least you won't be helpless.

I'm writing about this because even back then, I often thought that what I'm doing with the balance druid is akin to my actual life. Nothing was truly effective, and while I managed to hold a retarded office job and have some sort of a social life, nothing functioned that well. Sure, I could go out and meet girls, I could afford to spend some money on (small) luxuries that I can't afford now, yet, meh, my intellectual life back then consisted of reading Elitist Jerks (WoW theorycrafting site) and writing snarky FB comments. I stopped reading, I stopped meeting new people, discussing new ideas. I only had 3 girlfriends in that entire time, and two of them were subpar.

Instead of rolling a mage or a warlock, I kept trying to make my way with a spec that wasn't going anywhere.

But fuck WoW. Why aren't we treating that shit like meth already. Most gamers are miserable.

You can have your #gamergate if you wish, but let's not pretend playing a video game 10 hours a day is somehow a part of a healthy lifestyle. What #GG did was great in spite of the fact that it was driven by gamers. Not because of it.

BsoDfT9CMAElC5G.jpg

Edited by Marchosias
A BIOLOGICAL GIRL HOW INTERESTING

Day 4: Great Expecations (or More Disorganized Rambling and Crass Language)

I don't know if you guys are very much into electronic dance music, this is the song I've been listening to for the last few days: Renard - Great Expectations (Exhilaration Remix)

I suggest you check his other work if you're into electro/hardcore/breakcore/??? and also furries. I have no idea why people are getting so worked out about furries, really. It's just a fucking cosplay. They bash furries, but some qt girl dressed as Link is then hot and awesome. Then you get some guy named Common Filth making YT videos about them and girls with colored hair. They're almost all teenagers. This fat chain smoker (I can tell by his voice) has made a number of videos essentially complaining about teenagers being teenagers on Vine or whatever kids use these days. Get the fuck out; you're not exposing the "modern degeneracy"; you're just being a cunt. Yes, a cunt as you don't even deserve to be called a dick. Shit, that's misogynistic. Oh well.

I think I'll back off from my research of the trans-o-sphere for a while because I may be fine by traversing swamps, but the area I'm at now is best described as a pit of darkness and despair.

What the fuck is this

End adultism? First, this is a completely made up word, and second, Jesus fuck, the implications. They're basically supporting the idea that a child can accurately determine his gender (no, I won't replace "his" with "their", fuck your pronoun correctness) and be then put on hormones at a very young age if needed. Not to mention some of the posts are even more insane and promote other forms of child abuse. How can this exist on Facebook.

Sigh.

Daily outrage to fill the void.

I guess that this is ultimately no different than a website that says all blacks are animals and should be treated as such. Such ideas have nothing to do with the alternative right, a part of which I consider myself to be, yet someone trying to research our views is still likely to stumble into them. Even so, I can't shake the feeling that there's something more sinister at play in the trans community.

Leo Gura reminded me of something I more or less knew all along, but rarely kept it in mind. The vast, vast majority of people, in fact everyone to some degree, chose to belong to groups and adopt beliefs because they make them feel good. To paste a quote I've shared on my FB:

What people care about actually is practicality. They don't really care about truth. They don't care about what's ultimately true, they care about what's convenient in their life. If you really look honestly, that’s what you care about. You don’t care about anything else.

Even if you’re a philosopher, you don’t really care about anything else. Even if you’re scientist, you don’t really care about anything else — you care about practicality.

Do your beliefs explain away the world in such a way that you feel confident, and certain and safe? And as soon as they don’t you are in emotional reaction against it.

And that right there pretty much explains what’s going on with why people disagree so much and hold crazy beliefs despite being otherwise intelligent.

It's one of those supposed truisms that everyone claims to be aware of, yet we rarely actually think about them or let them effect our attitudes. That doesn't mean supporting causes in itself can't be beneficial. If anything, it can help us to be more effective at promoting them ... or adjusting our opinions/dropping them completely at some point.

Sigh.

I've been eating normal food for two weeks now. The result is: I feel absolutely terrible. Everything is bloated and inflamed. I have no choice but to go back to keto again and stay in it for good ... I've tried paleo, but any kind of higher carb diet just leads to me impulsively overeating sooner or later. Especially now. It's just annoying.

No girls today. Have this instead.

wqAwXMf.png

Edited by Marchosias
hi

Day 5: Sex in the City

I'm focusing on self improvement and effectively live a lifestyle that resembles a monastic one. I see people talking about girls, how to meet girls, where to meet girls, how to talk to girls. I really don't care all that much about them right now; I have more important things to do. We are men, we are creators and leaders. Such carnal subjects are something we can put aside when more important business is at hand.

Then I get some picture of two 17 year olds on FB. Completely unintentional -- I think one of them is a niece of some 40 year old libertarian I don't really know -- and all I see is a huge sign saying "PLS IMPREGNATE US SENPAI". You can't defeat your biology, and neither can they.

That said, I think the perfect age is around 20 years old. Ignoring the potential legal issues 17 year olds present, there are definite benefits to dating someone who can at least somewhat pass as a "young adult" and can chatter about more than just how she hates girl X and how professor Y was a jerk.

The spring is almost here. The weather has been mostly sunny which I've been taking advantage of by taking walks. I demonstrably feel a lot better after being exposed to sunlight, and there's tons of science (and common sense) to back it up. It's still against my instincts that tell me to stay inside and do whatever, so I need to bully myself to leave the apartment half the time. But it's pretty good once I do get out.

I hoped that I'll be able to attend events and festivals this summer, but it'll most probably more about working as much as I can through it all. Next year, there's always next year ... until it isn't. I'm turning 30 in 5 days, and the concept of time as a commodity is becoming more and more tangible. Not much to add to that.

I've listened to some video where a girl* talks about how women tend to solve problems by building relationships while men do it by setting and achieving goals. That wasn't the best way to put it: I'd say men are more goal-oriented, and women more relationships-oriented, but we all need both to succeed. The problem when it comes to mental health professionals, as she continued to explain, is that most of them are women (and middle aged at that, which is a tragedy in its own). How can a middle aged woman understand what young men are going through; she can't. I maintain that the only middle aged woman a man in his 20s should hang out with is his mother.

I'm starting to drop present perfect for past simple here and there since it just sounds more natural and better. Spamming all those "have" and "has been", while technically correct, just makes me feel pretentious. But I intend to remain super conservative about it.

*Enjoy 2016 when a lot of them pass 100% and almost never mention it. I'd say that's the best form of activism. (If you've read my recent posts you know what I'm talking about.)

TOUCH TOUCH

Edited by Marchosias
PICTURE FOR TODAY IN THE FIRST LINK I DONT WANT SOMEONE TO REVERSE SEARCH IT IN 5 YEARS AND GIVING ME SHIT OK

Day 6: Into the Void

Everything is slowly getting worse.

WoW and booze do a great job at masking my mental problems that tend to manifest as unstable mood and low energy levels. To counteract it, I'm going back to ketosis yet again. Today is the first day of a water (and some green tea) fast, which will last about 5 days or so. I've done it a few times before, so it's not a big deal. In fact, I suggest this to everyone -- it's possible that you've been eating certain types of food that have been hurting you your entire life. The only reason you don't notice it is because you've gotten used to it.

I know that's the case with me, anyway. I simply can't stand the normal, high carb food, especially if it's grain based. I was eating paleo for about two weeks prior to bread and processed meat debauchery that I've fallen into recently. It's just a matter of time before I start overeating if I don't eat low carb. If I were to eat a normal diet, I'd have to be one of those people that aren't allowed to have food at home because they just binge randomly if they do.

That's not a problem with ketogenic diet. Eating keto food does feel great in every way, but you don't get the rush that carbs provide; it's more of a slow burn. That's just one of the benefits: since you don't get the carbs high, you also don't crush an hour later. No food cravings, no hunger, you just eat once or twice a day and it's fine.

Too bad I'm broke, which means no fancy meat, or seafood, or cheese. Sardines and eggs, here we go. That and tons of different low carb vegetables drenched and baked in amounts of coconut oil that would make a normal person start talking about "a heart attack". Y, no. High fat, moderate protein, and low carb diet will in help improve all aspects of your health + it actually makes you lose weight. Most people, in fact, still use it to drop weight.

Anyway, this is where I'm at. I have to say that this 90 days effort was a great idea: it does provide a sort of a framework that gives you a sense of achievement with each day. Too bad I haven't done it earlier, but that seems to be a reoccurring theme these days. 4 days to turning 30.

I've browsed Google and YouTube for anything non generic about turning 30, and it's all a giant orgy of feel good faggotry. Since when are we supposed to spend 10 years to "found ourselves" in our 20's? I thought that's what teenage years were for. Yet here we are.

A drunken 20yo from the US posted a status in all caps a few minutes ago. "IM DRUNK MESSAGE M ALL UR SECRETS!!!!". People are replying instantly with gifs, questions, jokes. Fun, friends, energy, carelessness. Meanwhile, no one gives a shit what I think.

I kind of like my FB feed. It's a weird combination of borderline neo nazis, goths in late 20s that are mostly on the left, and now drunken 20yo trans girls from US. What I don't like is that even my local skinheads are now talking about fucking Roosh. They think he wants to rape everyone, and in response, they're making memes about cutting off his penis.*

Come on.

My comment on it is:

1.) Make claims that seem more outrageous than they are.
2.) Have journalists present them in a sensationalist way.
3.) Enjoy people buying it & not doing own research.

Profit from increased attention and clicks while you explain that your claims in fact weren't as horrible. Profit again by that.

Trump has been doing it his entire campaign, and now even my local skinheads are reacting to Valizadeh's shoddy “satire”

This has nothing to do with rape, freedom of speech, or kebab. It's just one man being very good at promoting himself.

Help him out by participating if you like. I know I won't.

Roosh V Goes Full Gorean

SM2D64b.gif

* This journal is a trigger warning free safe space.

Edited by Marchosias
YES I KNOW IM PARTICIPATING IN THE GAME JUST BY TALKING ABOUT IT

I'm focusing on self improvement and effectively live a lifestyle that resembles a monastic one. I see people talking about girls, how to meet girls, where to meet girls, how to talk to girls. I really don't care all that much about them right now; I have more important things to do. 

This is how I've been feeling as well. I've always been focused on dating, now that I've started this challenge it's the first time in my life I'm 100% dedicated to me. It's a bit exhilarating! Good to hear your updates. Also very entertaining.

Day 7: To My Other Self

I've trashed all the posts on my blog. There wasn't a lot to begin with: just a few posts of me basically not being sure how to approach my own blog. Big changelog goes as follows:

- Changed the theme to something that looks less 1995.

- Shortened my name to something a few people may be able to pronounce.

- Let go of the idea of writing about specific subjects. Let go of expecting a meaningful number of visitors anytime soon.

TO DO:

- Complete the fucking HTML/CSS shitty course on fucking Codecademy already. It's easy and I've already done it to about 70% once. Jesus.

- Improve your grammar and vocabulary so you sound less like a slavshit and more like an actual person. You're not Mike Cernovich, who dishes out articles full of grammar mistakes and typos and still delivers great content. (Plus do you really think Cernovich doesn't know what a subordinate conjunction is and how to use it in, say, more formal legal texts.)

Yesterday, I watched an interesting mental exercise on YT. It's about expressing different personalities by a girl who claims to have a dissociative personality disorder. Whether that's true or not, it doesn't matter since that's not the point of the video*; my takeaway was that presenting yourself by a number of different personas can be a useful way to gain insight.

There are three videos and they are all rather disturbing even if you disregard the fact that she's a mentally ill trans girl** that doesn't pass 100%. But I think the main reason I found it disturbing is because it spoke to me -- if I were to map out my supposed "alters", I may end up with something not so different. It's probably all basic psychology anyway.

Still, I think I'll do it and see what I come up with. I'll try to present it here if the results aren't too personal.

This is probably NSFW. It really is just a fully clothed person talking into a camera, but try something else if you're showing The Internet to your grandma.

Meet My Alters / Personalities | Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)

Meet My Alters / Personalities (part 2) | Progress Has Been Made

Do I Still Have Alters? | Meet My Alters / Personalities (part 3)

(Thanks for the NSFW tag, boss. Not only I now have extra visibility, but I also feel obliged to deliver.)

* One of her alters calls the entire exercise fake and a pitiful attempt at attention seeking. She later admits that, in a way, it is.

** There are worse things to obsessed with, shut up.

Edited by Marchosias

I'm focusing on self improvement and effectively live a lifestyle that resembles a monastic one. I see people talking about girls, how to meet girls, where to meet girls, how to talk to girls. I really don't care all that much about them right now; I have more important things to do. 

This is how I've been feeling as well. I've always been focused on dating, now that I've started this challenge it's the first time in my life I'm 100% dedicated to me. It's a bit exhilarating! Good to hear your updates. Also very entertaining.

It's not a choice for me though. After you've been poor for two years, it becomes obvious at a first sight. All I can afford right now is a bus ride to the center of the town where I can then look like someone who's been poor for two years. The first question girls ask you is "what do you do". I don't have a cool answer to that.

Ok, so I've completed the above exercise. I've written several pages longhand then typed it all down. Following the format in the video, I now have 3 primary alters and two secondary ones, but they're not as spectacular as Autumn's. Partially because my mental issues aren't as deep & complex, partially because I'm not trying to make a popular YouTube video.

Most of it is either uninteresting or too personal. This is how I am at my absolute worst:

Self destructive loser

Lazy, procrastinator. Cares only about sensual pleasures. Makes excuses. Makes false promises. Makes a lot of plans and never goes through. Dreams about better life, but is happiest when indulging. Wants to look good, wants to have sex, but can’t be bothered to stay in shape and generally look good.

Wants to be alone. Only engage in social interaction he can easily remove himself from. Drinks, smokes, meatbread diet.

Gets angry. When drunk and sober.

Thinks he deserves love and respect, but doesn’t do anything for it. Thinks he’s special. Thinks he would make a great leader, but it’s too much work. Wants the maximum amount of attention for the minimum amount of effort.

Feels bad about people he wronged, but avoids them instead of confronting them.

Blames others for his problems.

Thinks people dislike him.

Is a child emotionally.
Doesn’t know what to do.
Wants to be younger.
Is scared, sad, lonely.
Dreams about improving, but he has no capability for it.
Tries things and gives up right away.
Fucks everything but just faps because it’s easier that way.
Is paranoid.

Others are: the ideal self, current me at my best, and two sub alters that are more or less just sexual and probably don't make much sense without one another.

Unlike Autumn, I don't think I have anything resembling "The Controller" that would ultimately try to destroy me (and himself in the process). However, it's who's freaked me out the most and I feel uneasy just by writing about it.

Must've been just the excess eyeshadow.

Edited by Marchosias

It's not a choice for me though. After you've been poor for two years, it becomes obvious at a first sight. All I can afford right now is a bus ride to the center of the town where I can then look like someone who's been poor for two years. The first question girls ask you is "what do you do". I don't have a cool answer to that.

Ah but see, you followed that quote up there with a very opposite statement earlier. You have more important things to do! Goals to achieve!

It's all about how we perceive our situation. I don't have the money to support a relationship, nor a cool job. I feel very insecure advertising myself off to potentialI partners, most of them won't understand a thing about me, where I'm going or where I aim to be. And I don't have the self confidence to back that up either. But that's ok with me right now. I'm finding it freeing instead of sad. I get to focus on me instead of them. We're not in the best place for dating but that doesn't mean we're in a bad place overall.

Day 8: Give Me Money

I'm still slightly psyched over the videos I mention in above posts. The alter that stays in hiding most of the time and manipulates all the others towards the unavoidable failure. Perhaps there is a part of me that's determined to self sabotage after all, yet I'm not sure what I can do about it apart from pressing on.

The problem with people who are severely mentally ill is that they make things up all the time. It's impossible to create a proper relationship when you can never be sure whether the person is lying or not. And making up various traumatic events may in itself be a product of mental illness and should therefore be taken seriously ... but still. What can you even expect.

I almost regret that I've watched a number of Autumn's vids, but what can I do. I'd like to hang out with people, but there's nowhere to go. So I watch YouTube vlogs and have imaginary conversations before I fall asleep. I'll go insane at this rate, too.

I don't know how much of it actually matters right now. Most of us know the self help basics, and the Maslow's pyramid is there somewhere. I'm still uneasy on the lowest two levels, so why the fuck am I even bothering with anything that's above them. I need to get better at calling my own bullshit; I suspect all this talk about being creative and even having actual friends is just a distraction -- at least at this point. I'm two months late on my electricity bill.

Fuck your friends and fuck your actualization.

I've barely done any work the last week. It's time to pick it up and hopefully get a better rank (which pays better) at last. I still have some welfare coming in, but the time is in fact running out.

Kortheo is making me pick another positive habit though, and I'm grateful for it.

No, I'm not starting to list all the things I'm grateful for. I'm grateful for my computer working fine, ok. That's the most important thing.

ira-vampira-emo-girl-scene--large-msg-13

Pictured: the epitome of mental stability

Ah but see, you followed that quote up there with a very opposite statement earlier. You have more important things to do! Goals to achieve!

It's all about how we perceive our situation. I don't have the money to support a relationship, nor a cool job. I feel very insecure advertising myself off to potentialI partners, most of them won't understand a thing about me, where I'm going or where I aim to be. And I don't have the self confidence to back that up either. But that's ok with me right now. I'm finding it freeing instead of sad. I get to focus on me instead of them. We're not in the best place for dating but that doesn't mean we're in a bad place overall.

Tell that to girls at the peak of their fertility who won't stop posting their pictures anywhere they can. I'm narcissistic enough to believe I'll get a qt 20 yo waifu the moment I get where I want to be in life, and my past experience supports it: I always kind of coasted into relationships.

I've read a lot about pick up and game, but I can't fully imagine how can all these guys have such problems. They say girls in the US are different and that Eastern European girls are somehow superior. I don't know because I've never been to US, but I have a pronounced feeling a lot of it is bullshit.

Edited by Marchosias

@Marchosias I don't quite follow your second paragraph, so I'll reply to the first portion. That's a good thing you're not too worried about dating. Is there a reason you are looking for girls ten years younger than you? I mean. I've dated men more than ten years my senior before, but I'm curious to hear about it from the other side. Are older women not as attractive? Will you be okay with your partner when she's older and not a young qt anymore?

Attraction alone doesn't answer my question, unless you're only dating for sex. You don't care about the mental? The stability of a job in a partner? The lower chance to have a drastic change in persona/life goals.  That's the only relevant data in my mind to someone dating significantly younger for more than just sex.