NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Mediterannean Cook Book

George Zac

Halo fellas! Long time no see, I've surely kept myself busy lately

I am 4 days away from completing my 3-months detox from videogames and I am positive my new me is going to stay

I wanted to inform all of you about a book a relative of mine is releasing with the help of fund raising

Check it out here if you like https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mediterranean-cooking-the-art-of-long-life/x/11951064#/story

It is a cook book that she wanted to write for some time now, finally she took the big step! I'm so happy for her!

If you are interested in healthy eating recipes and easy to perform kitchen tips you could help her also with her raise and add yourself in her perk's list

Whatever you do continue to improve your health and definitely your food habits!! Thank you all for your time reading this ;)

I did it guys 3 months completed woohoo! Now what?

I didn't believe that I would feel an urge to play ever again but after my goal was completed I did. Hmm that is funny maybe I have trained myself to catch goals so my brain reacts from the stillness and quiet, who knows..

Wookieshark I have read some of your journal parts, you are an inspiration my friend! I feel proud on your behalf

I didn't believe that I would feel an urge to play ever again but after my goal was completed I did. Hmm that is funny maybe I have trained myself to catch goals so my brain reacts from the stillness and quiet, who knows..

Wookieshark I have read some of your journal parts, you are an inspiration my friend! I feel proud on your behalf

?Thank you so much for taking the time to read my words! I feel proud for you as well! Is there anything you would like to ask about my journal?

• 2 months later...

?Thank you so much for taking the time to read my words! I feel proud for you as well! Is there anything you would like to ask about my journal?

Yeah I want, how are you feeling now?

I'm feeling like a new person these days.  It's been over five months since I last played any games and they're mostly out of my mind.  Once in a while I get the urge to play one particular game, but that feeling passes within a minute or two.  Part of that is because that game has things in it that are relevant to my studies so I am reminded of it.

A big thing for me is that I sold some of my old video games including my very first video game I got as a seven year old.  It wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, and I was actually happy that somebody would use it that doesn't have any problem with video game addiction.  I plan on selling all of the games that I can.  My plan is to catalog all the games I have once this semester is done and post it on my company's classified forum.  All the proceeds will go straight into my daughter's college fund so I feel really good about it from that standpoint too.

I feel at peace with my video game past.  I've been able to talk to people in person about it which is huge for me because I always tried to be secretive about my gaming problem.  I put a game quitters sticker on my computer too and always share what it means when people ask.  My mind is more focused, I enjoy all of the little things I would have ignored in the past, and I experience things without the distraction of my mind wanting to game

I feel free now that I don't have that secret to guard.  Sharing my journey to freedom is a great feeling, and trying to help others with their struggles is so fulfilling.  I have a feeling of gratefulness that comes to the forefront of my mind every single day.

I still have struggles in my life, but they are so much more manageable.  Video games no longer fuel my senses of shame, anxiety, depression, or isolation.  I am so much more effective with dealing with these problems these days.

I feel like I want to give back to this cause that has freed me from my addiction.  I was considering donating to NPR, but after all that I have receive here I decided that I wanted to back this cause instead.  I journal every day because it has helped fuel positive changes in my life, because I want anybody who looks at it to see what a journey to freedom can look like, and because I want to help this site grow.  When I started here it wasn't the most active forum I have ever seen, but I could see that Cam was onto something big, and I needed to become a part of it.