NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I relapsed, AGAIN. Same damn game too.

tinferbrains

So, I just purchased Minecraft. But that's not the worst part. I just purchased it, for the fourth time. I had to create a new email address just to do so, too.

I tried playing it, and got bored within ten minutes. 

Action plan:

1. delete this account
  2. remove all minecraft-related files from my computer, all save files, mods, etc. (I thought I had already)
  3. Install linux, text-only, on my laptop. I work in IT, I can easily make do with a computer like this.

Tbh cam I have no idea. I think an ad or a "you may like" link mentioned a mod. That will be prevented with my text-only computer :)

So this created a craving for you and then you took a step to play? Any idea what the justification was you used in your mind?

• 3 weeks later...

Tbh cam I have no idea. I think an ad or a "you may like" link mentioned a mod. That will be prevented with my text-only computer :)

I think you're missing something more major actually. Minecraft is about exploration, survival, building and socializing. What are you doing to explore, survive, build and socialize in the real world?

Relapses happen because you're not getting what you need from RL. If you were kayaking in the Atlantic or spear fishing in the Caribbean I bet you wouldn't have installed Minecraft. So, don't beat yourself up about it - listen to it. What's it telling you need more of in your life?

Edited by Colin