NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

90 days of better habits

Go_Getter

So after a few days of false starts I have finally committed to starting this 90 day and beyond journal of self improvement. A bit about me, I'm a 23 year old male from Europe who is struggling to put my video game escapism behind me. The reason I game for hours on end is due to my shortcomings in other parts of my life. It feels good while I'm playing but after the session I feel like crap.

So yesterday I uninstalled all my games and every trace of games from my Pc including save game files in my documents. When I look back at all that gaming I feel ashamed. So much potential wasted on a selfish outlet. Oh well, one can't dwell on past mistakes.

So the goal for this journal is really just become a better version of myself. I won't happen over night or even in 90 days, but 90 days is an exciting challenge.

Goals for this journal:

• No Gaming, game-stream watching or reading game related forums.
  • No series watching
  • Start reading a book a week
  • Start exercising again
  • Start drawing again. I used to sketch graffiti back in the day, I plan on picking it up again.
  • Morning Cold showers

• Guest pinned this topic

Those are some awe inspiring goals man, and based on my personal experience I know how tough it must have been to uninstall your games like that. Best of luck to you, and look forward to looking at your future posts :).

Thanks for the support guys ^.

Day 1

Today I actually had a lot going on so I didn't really have much time to think of gaming, although during lunch I thought of installing a game again when I got home this evening. But I'm glad I didn't.

Further review of the day:

Positives:

• I passed my first day of no gaming or game related activities
  • I started reading the book Influence: the Psychology of Persuasion
  • I started a calisthenics exercise routine

Negatives:

• I skipped the morning cold shower, although I did take a cold shower this evening after my workout.

Tomorrow's goals:

• Wake up at 5am and go for a run and start the day with more energy, followed by a cold shower.

You've made a good choice quitting video games. You feel ashamed of your lost time because of gaming? Remember, that who you was, defines who you are, and it's up to you, whether you will be a better person, or not.

Greetings, Piotr.

• Guest unpinned this topic