NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Road to better life

Fady

My story:

I'm a 17 year old boy!

after a 10 years of gaming i feel that i'm not enjoying my life always in the same place everytime not going outside i forgot how to speak to others i have few friends most of them are gamers too , i feel like i'm in a fog i don't know what to do i can't think or plan what will happen when i quit games i only know that it will be worth it from you guys! i feel that my life sucks compared to others ! they are succefull have friends going outside having fun ! today i decided to start 90 day detox i really dont know exactly what to do , in here where i live there is not good places to go even if i do it will be by myself , alone even in meetup.com there is 0 meet ups found in my country i always dream to travel the world , make friends, live a normal life always gaming , barely sleeping wich results for me that i can't really talk not shyness , i can't sleep at night i made a routin and nothing still laying in bed for like 1:30-2hours or plus until i fall a sleep for 3-4 hours which let me feel sometimes so strange can't describe it and i will try to i feel that sometimes it happens i can't breath well and in a moment i can't see well like its going black in that moment i feel i hate everything i don't want to talk , eat or anything i just run to bed alone until it goes and that stays coming the whole day (it happens like ~2 day in a week or something) i went to doctor for that the good thing that its just feelings nothing to worry about no danger and that can be done by not playing alot and need to sleep good and  go to sports! thats enough for me i can't live like this anymore today this community  shows me that i have to quit gaming this is motivating me i want to stop playing but i really dont know exactly what to do only thing in here where i live i can do to have friends is going to sports or finding events which dont happens a lot and if happens its about gaming but now i'm speechless  always getting in akward moments i feel like im in a fog i can't think i can't do anything i feel like i'm still in a good moment to leave gaming and start a new life which i always wanted to like traveling but i have to sell everything i have ps4,all the games (most of them are gifts :'( ) my computer so i can travel and start a new life because i'm not rich i don't have that enough money to go somewhere so i think i'm about to sell everything i have in gaming (is that okay selling gifts :/ kinda sucks) btw this is the first time i write something more than 3 words sorry if i'm kinda annoying with my bad english and speech i'm really in fog this is my first step in my new chapter so i'm still in progress i still can't preform a good speech hope that i was clear :/ maybe , anyway i'll keep you guys updated of my adventure hope that my dreams come true ! and any advice on what to do , there is no good places to do where i live , nothnig found in meetups.com , have to go outside alone which i don't like but i think its the only way , and please help how can i stop being speechless i want to make friends ! and do i have to sell my gifts :/ ? i just unistalled my online games on my computer like league of legends (i'm about to be diamond in league which i always worked for but i relized that life>ranks) , overwatch which i just bought and wow thats the only games i have in my computer what about my other games? in my console do i have to sell them ? thank you for teh time ! i'll keep you updated! and i'm kinda happy that i did write alote yep first time :D ! thanks again

Day 1: 

What i've learned today on my first 90 day detox day after uninstalling all my computer games and hiding my console that i'm still not doing something because instead of gaming i was just watching youtube the whole day! Well i have failed this day but i won't tomorrow ! Today i've learned from my failure and it won't happen again! Tomorrow will be a better day! i'm now laying in bed planning for tomorrow 

Day2:

My day is passed without even using the net (i just did now to write this) , i went outside for 3 hours and found joined a gym when i came back i felt so tired and didn't want to go back for training in 2 hours i felt so lazy and i was saying maybe i did a bad idea leaving gaming because i got bored and wasn't motivated to go outside (it was a hot day) but then i just went for it! i went to the gym even if i didn't want to , i said to myself i'll just do it i have to stop thinking about gaming and using the net , hopefully i found an old friend , we had a really great time we also hang out and he called his friends to join i really had a good time better than all i did in gaming wich gave me hope again i learned today that i did the right idea in the first place and thanks to you guys :D  , i'm very happy about what happend today :D and i'm so excited to wake up tomorrow for another day going outside with my old friend then going to beach :D and have some fun  

Edited by Fady
Day 2 added :3

• Guest pinned this topic

Greetings Fady

I can totaly relate to the feeling of gifts and not wanting to sell them... I too am emotionaly attached to my hard and software because I "gifted" that to myself to make me feel better.

Try to look at it from this perspective. Whoever gifted you these presents wanted you to be happy and have a good time. You realised that these gifts are just not giving you that good time anymore but instead are actually hindering you in getting a fullfilled life. By selling them and trying to improve your life you are honoring and respecting the good spirit and idea in wich they were given to you. You are not giving them away but just transforming then.

PS: your english is fine dont worry about that!!! :) And now you have a lot more time to improve it incase you feel like it

Greetings Fady

I can totaly relate to the feeling of gifts and not wanting to sell them... I too am emotionaly attached to my hard and software because I "gifted" that to myself to make me feel better.

Try to look at it from this perspective. Whoever gifted you these presents wanted you to be happy and have a good time. You realised that these gifts are just not giving you that good time anymore but instead are actually hindering you in getting a fullfilled life. By selling them and trying to improve your life you are honoring and respecting the good spirit and idea in wich they were given to you. You are not giving them away but just transforming then.

PS: your english is fine dont worry about that!!! :) And now you have a lot more time to improve it incase you feel like it

Thank you for the advice i was depressed i felt like i'm doing an evil thing when selling them until i have read you're reply it helped me a lot thanks a lot ! Thank you again for reading and for your time ! =D

Hey Fady! Welcome to the community, it's awesome to have you here with us. You'll find a lot of support here.

Selling your gaming stuff can help for sure! Then you can use that money to buy something for a new hobby like a guitar for example. 

Thanks for your time! Well i'm fun of music and my favorite instrument is piano ,  thank you for the idea i'm about to buy one! And if i have enough money left i would travel with them ( i always wanted to travel and discover) have any advice on where to go? A good place to be relaxed and think about myself more

• Guest unpinned this topic

Hey Fady,

Welcome to the community. I think your english is ok, besides your punctuation( it helps if you set a point(.) if you finish a sentence which will make it much easier to read). But this is just a suggestion, it is readable anyway. Awesome that you started to change your life. It helped me alot to quit gamings and I am sure it will help your health and overall lifequality a lot. It seems like your first points should be to get a excercise schedule(maybe try to meet regulary with that friend for the gym?). Excercising regulary helps a lot with sleeping issues. A good idea is also to start a morning routine for a good start in the day. Basically you just do the same few little things everyday to prepare yourself for an sucessful day. I.e. you wake up at the same time every morning and stand up without snoozing. Then you do your bed some stretching and read 10 pages ofa good book(i.e. "The power of habbit"). Then breakfast shower and you are ready to go.

I think if you get managed to get this implemented in your life it will help you a lot. Also check out the helpful Videos at the gamequitters YouTube channels. Cam makes a Video every week and there is a lot of valuable Information of how to start this journey.

Most important Thing si to post here daily even if it isn't too reflective or anything. This will help you to Keep your mind on it and opens the possibility for the community ot help you with some tips and their experiences.

Good luck. I'll check your jounrla form tiem to time.

Hey Fady,

Welcome to the community. I think your english is ok, besides your punctuation( it helps if you set a point(.) if you finish a sentence which will make it much easier to read). But this is just a suggestion, it is readable anyway. Awesome that you started to change your life. It helped me alot to quit gamings and I am sure it will help your health and overall lifequality a lot. It seems like your first points should be to get a excercise schedule(maybe try to meet regulary with that friend for the gym?). Excercising regulary helps a lot with sleeping issues. A good idea is also to start a morning routine for a good start in the day. Basically you just do the same few little things everyday to prepare yourself for an sucessful day. I.e. you wake up at the same time every morning and stand up without snoozing. Then you do your bed some stretching and read 10 pages ofa good book(i.e. "The power of habbit"). Then breakfast shower and you are ready to go.

I think if you get managed to get this implemented in your life it will help you a lot. Also check out the helpful Videos at the gamequitters YouTube channels. Cam makes a Video every week and there is a lot of valuable Information of how to start this journey.

Most important Thing si to post here daily even if it isn't too reflective or anything. This will help you to Keep your mind on it and opens the possibility for the community ot help you with some tips and their experiences.

Good luck. I'll check your jounrla form tiem to time.

I'll start adding (.) thank you for the advice :D .

Today i slept for 6 hours wich made me happy. I also bought a relaxing light one of my old friends friend told me that will help me sleep faster , normally it take me to 2 hours to fall asleep but this time it just took me ~45min :D.

I already passed my morning so i'll start doing my morning routine tomorrow ! thank you so much for reading and helping me out :D !!