NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Some Yin / Restorative Yoga Suggestions

MmmWatermelon

Hi all,
Here is a small list of yoga videos in a more gentle \ restorative vein. I've found these to be extremely helpful with soothing anxiety, dealing with back pain, and just general relaxation.

Mindful Yin Yoga - This one is very meditative and slow, just a handful of postures during the course of an hour; wonderful for slowing down and relaxing.

45 minute Yin Yoga

Solid 1 hour Yin Yoga class, this guy talks throughout if you find that helpful for focusing ;)

More great yin yoga sessions:

A 35 minute bedtime sequence. I actually found this very helpful in restoring my sleeping schedule to sleeping at night after sometimes previously gaming through the night;

60 minute Yoga session focused on hips; this one isn't yin style, somewhat more fast paced / more of a workout. Pretty amazing for tight hips, I think I need to do this practice about 10 more times :) You can of course go at your own pace and pause the video as needed if you want to slow it down a bit, that's the great thing about doing yoga at home while following videos.

20 minutes of awesome shoulder and upper back stretches - awesome for people who spend time on the computer!

Yoga Nidra Guided Meditation - Yoga Nidra is a guided meditation while lying down in corpse or similar pose. Can be incredibly relaxing.

I can't imagine there's anyone out there who wouldn't like yoga once they found the particular styles that work for them! There are so many great videos on Youtube, I really encourage anyone who is curious to browse around...these are just a few selections that are more on the slow side and focused on relaxation, but there are many more out there. You also don't really need any equipment if you want to try some things before committing to buying anything or are strapped for cash. I have a old beat up mat I've had for years...I use old blocks of wood covered with airplane blankets or books in place of foam blocks when the videos suggest them. A blanket on carpet will also work great instead of a mat except for maybe a few exceptions like postures that require friction. Anyway, the point is if you have a computer which you probably do if you are reading this and you're willing to be a bit creative you can do this for free!

Let me know if you like any of these or post others you like as well please!

Edited by MmmWatermelon

• 3 weeks later...