NEW VIDEO: My tour was cancelled (vlog)

Shine Magical

Shine Magical's journal

19 hours ago, Hitaru said:

Right in my childhood, Cardcaptor Sakura~~! Back to the time when a proper magical girl had nothing to do with being a ghetto edgy t***-tr******* les****-

Ahem.

What have you been watching lately? It's been a while since I watched anime. Last time was all the filmography of Makoto Shinkai bc all the hype from the latest movie (except Hoshi no Koe, the only one I knew prior and was actually looking forward to watch) and boy honestly felt like watching the same thing over and over. The guy basically had the same story to tell, some girl in high-school must have gave him a very bad time and he refined those angsty feels for years until bam, best-selling Japanese animation movie ever. Perseverance is key. (Jokes aside, goddamn determination, the guy did most of his films by himself, we should interview him). 

I liked the Garden of Words but I thought Your Name was boring.

I have been watching Ao No Exorcist most recently, which is a typical and predictable shonen anime but there's nothing wrong with that.

The newest Cardcaptor Sakura series starts airing in 2 weeks. ^_^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shine Magical said:

I liked the Garden of Words

The premise was fine but the resolution was oh-so-melodramatic (Have you ever seen Japanese or Korean TV serial dramas? My God.). And Your Name... Uh. It was good (enjoyable) but it had so, so, so many possibilities. If I didn't know, I would have said it was the adaptation of a VN à la Clannad (which btw makes me cry like a little b*tch). 

Shonen meh, had my phase, may watch some in an unspecified future. I like silly, short-ish and slightly frisky shoujos. Shameful but true. And lolis in historical backgrounds (?) 

Sorry for spamming your journal lol. More discussion by PM if you want. Or maybe open a forum thread? We're not the only anime fans out there.

Hope you're having a great day! 

pizza_face_sticker-rcdca89fe24494de48e91

My self esteem is quite low at the moment. My acne is a little better, but it still looks bad. I am confused and getting desperate about what I can do.

I need to find a way to be less stressed at work, and also I am going to start tricking myself into being in a good mood by only listening to calming and happy music. I like to listen to metal music but it always puts me in a bad mood. Music can affect how you feel a lot which then might affect your hormones. I think I had a stressful week last week.

I'm hanging out with my friend on Saturday and we can only hang out a few times a year... I'd hate to show up looking ugly and with acne redness. It makes me feel not want to go outside and not to talk to anyone, and it adds even more to the stress. Ahhh!

3.thumb.PNG.d4757edbda70b7f2d3e3bb5c534accfb.PNG

Edited by Shine Magical
  • Like 2

I find a good trick to get into a better mood, and I'm pretty sure it's scientifically proven...

Is to simply smile. Force yourself to smile and it tricks your brain into feeling happier!

It definetly works for me!

Also, you are a beautiful person, your friend knows that and they do not care what you look like! Go enjoy the company of your friend! :)

On 12/26/2017 at 5:52 AM, Shine Magical said:

I need to find a way to be less stressed at work, and also I am going to start tricking myself into being in a good mood by only listening to calming and happy music. I like to listen to metal music but it always puts me in a bad mood. Music can affect how you feel a lot which then might affect your hormones. I think I had a stressful week last week.

This. I do this all the time, and have become well known to only listen to "spa music". I combine it with a cup of tea (either green or relax tea) and it is surprising how quickly I can go from being so wound up about something insignificant to nice and relaxed ready to take on the next challenge.

I recommend YellowBrickCinema.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2017 at 10:20 PM, Shine Magical said:
Early 2017:
2.thumb.PNG.6218b25caf59e5e283e1257d53f7

Early 2018:

Captur1e.PNG.1240ad2063cc1bfa87da0a6eaadfe661.PNG

I spent a lot of money towards the end of last year, but I made some great investment choices so my money has been growing anyway. I had a 39% return last year!

I'm going to try to save $25,000 this year.

• Like 2

At the moment, I am healing my face as well as my finances.

I have only been listening to happy music.

I did some light yoga yesterday. I have a more positive attitude than I did last week.

• Like 1

Hey, sounds like you're in a tough place lately. Just remember to take it one day at a time!

Also, thank you for remembering me to finish my yearly financial overview ;) If I may ask, what are you saving for?

10 hours ago, Mhyrion said:

Hey, sounds like you're in a tough place lately. Just remember to take it one day at a time!

Also, thank you for remembering me to finish my yearly financial overview ;) If I may ask, what are you saving for?

In the US you need to save throughout your life for a good retirement.

13 hours ago, Shine Magical said:

In the US you need to save throughout your life for a good retirement.

Ah, right. The US never ceases to amaze me. Very smart to be saving already then!

I feel like relapsing today, on everything.

I always get depressed when my bf is gone for longer periods of time and it’s been 2 weeks.

It doesn’t help that I really need to do my laundry.

Edited by Shine Magical

Hey @Shine Magical, I fully understand that acne situation, because I went through the same. Although it stigmatize a man, DON'T let it influence your psyche.
I wish that at those hardest moments of my acne, someone would told me those two things:
1. Isotretinoinum - best(and only in my case) cure for acne
2. Acne DOESN'T makes me any less valuable man.

Once on the street I've seen a boy with the same acne as me. And he had a girlfriend. I remember this was devastating for me, because I couldn't belive I could find a girl which will love me with my face(especially in this young age, when you seek acceptance). Now I know that every failure which I justified - "It's because of acne" - was a bullshit.
Acne may only make bad first impression, but it doesn't determine who you are, how you react on certain situation in life, how you handle all the every day tasks.

The best cure for acne is remembering that you are awesome! And you are beautiful :)

Greetings, Piotr.

PS. I'm interested in finances, could you tell me a little more about investments you made?

• Like 1

@Piotr I went to school for finance for 7 years and my job is to help people invest and retire. I would say I am a sophisticated high risk tolerance investor so what I did is something I would never advise another person to do, and I would never do it for my clients either. But I seem to have good luck in timing investment trends like oil, block chain, and medical marijuana. And these investments are always small percentages of my portfolio.

Not as an early adopter, but ahead of when the mass stampedes come and getting out at decent peaks.

I like to think I have some skill in gauging how the general populace is feeling about events and when excitement about a certain topic is growing.

Edited by Shine Magical
  • Like 2

My acne seems to be hormonal, so I’ve been taking a few steps to keep my hormone levels calm and it seems to be recovering. I have a lot of purple scars on my forehead now from it, they should fade over time but it seems like it may take at least a month to look normalish.

I met with a personal trainer yesterday. My first session is on Sunday and we are going to meet once a week. After I got attacked in the park about a year ago, I wrote in my journal that I was going to take a Muay Thai class but I never did. I’m not in the best shape for such a hard class, and I’m not sure I want to commit to doing it. So I’m going to a CrossFit gym instead which is only a block from my house for personal training to help prepare me for the group class, because when I went late last year it was too hard for me. I will still have yoga be my main focus — I did some last night. My eventual goal is to be able to do a handstand so I’m working on building a decent foundation first.

I'm doing ok, still hanging onto that view of being optimistic about the future.

• Like 3

I got a second acid peel today. My skin has been recovering the past few weeks, I am optimistic and have been more outgoing at work, because I am looking better.

I will be doing chores at home this weekend. Work has been a little stressful but I am trying to remain calm.

Yesterday was a day of decompression. You know how you can fill your computer up and then run a program that optimizes the data? That is how I felt yesterday. Did a lot of grunge work of going through stuff.

Today I started the day with a cold shower. I think I will try doing those daily. Then I had vegan Indian food leftovers and watched an anime show. I did some yoga from my mind, not from a guided class. It seems like today will be a day of intermittent yoga, tea, and reading.

• Like 1

Still trying to harness my adddictive personality for good instead of shifting from vice to vice.

I wish exercise were something I could get addicted to.

Edited by Shine Magical

I’m going to try to get addicted to exercising, it seems like every other activity that produces spikes in dopamine are not good for you in excess.

Edited by Shine Magical
  • Like 2