NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

d.manuk's journal

d.manuk

Some "crazy" goals I have had in the back of my mind:

- Create a manga that has a similar feel to Cardcaptor Sakura, my favorite series of all time

- It could be a webtoon instead, that could have its own website

- Create an iPhone app that would provide a daily fantasy short story and also some drawing integration

- Buy a Wacom Cintiq Pen Display Tablet to sketch out and draw out the manga panels, to provide a good baseline from which a professional artist could improve and polish

- Create a workout routine that incorporates swimming, yoga, and some resistance training.

- Learn how to play flute and join a woodwind ensemble.

Today I also drank the most tea I ever have in one day, lol... something like 40 grams.

Edited by Shine Magical

I woke up today with really bad allergies, which set the tone for the rest of the day. It was hard to get stuff done.

I didn't study as much as I wanted to but I made some progress.

I watched anime and browsed the internet more than I would have liked.

I have a lot of "I should have"'s  that I didn't accomplish this weekend, but I should take a breather -- constantly having high expectations for day-to-day things is not always mentally healthy, and I still accomplished a lot more than I would have if I played my average amount of video games just a few months ago.

I just did some yoga and will write a few words... was inspired reading Robert Arctor's journal. 

Current song: https://youtu.be/9pdj4iJD08s

Edited by Shine Magical

Today I woke up and I realized I hadn't appreciated my weekend enough. I woke up so relaxed and longed for another weekend like I just had instead of going to work. Sometimes this happens to me when I actually have a great time, but I don't realize it while it is occurring. It was a slow weekend, at times I was a little bored, but it was still a good time. Off to work~

At the moment, I have decided to start exploring writing romance. I realized I am having a hard time writing fantasy, so my thoughts are that if I write romance I can interweave fantasy into it later on once I get a good plot going. Not 50 shades of grey type of romance, fyi...

I also made my first post on my writing website since 2014. So now there are 2 posts on it, haha. :P 

I have a lot of long-term goals set out but most have to go on the back-burner since I am doing almost-my-best at studying hard until March, which is when I take my big test for work. 

Although I am in the same situation as last weekend -- home alone -- I feel much more content because I am not sick. I went to the farmer's market today and walked though the park afterwards, drinking tea from my new glass thermos that I prepared at home. But the walk through the park was short because I had to pee.

Today is day 67 of my detox.

When I was younger, video games let me ignore my financially and mentally poor upbringing that I had no control over.

Now, I have full control over my life (though in some areas I am still shaky -- financially mostly), and through this detox and attitude shift I was able to break away from the habit of video gaming now that it isn't necessary. 

I am moving into a new and wonderful apartment on December 1st. It is above a Whole Foods and also has a pool in it!

I have been doing preliminary research on selling my gaming computer and purchasing a tablet pc to replace it (something like Surface 4). I want to do it because:

1) I want to save space without having a giant computer setup in a 1 bedroom apartment. This is the biggest + for me.

2) I think I could sell my used gaming computer for $2000 or more. If I buy a tablet pc, then I would be able to sell my iPad as well, so I think I would gain $400 or so in my pocket, net.

3 which is half of a + half of a -) You can draw on a tablet PC which would give me less excuses for not working on my manga which is one of my crazy dreams. But you can also buy a more expensive screen/monitor tablet, which is overall better than drawing on a tablet pc and would work better on my gaming computer which is lightning fast. 

Edited by Shine Magical

2000$? that's enough to survive in my country for about 4 months!!!

Keep that in mind, bro :)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

I'm trying to sell it for over $3000 since it cost $5,000 and it is still in warranty but no one has shown interest in paying that much so far :(

I have come to the realization that if I keep up my current study habits I will not pass the exam in March. There are just too many topics to master. Studying on weekends only is not enough -- I will need to begin studying after work as well on the weekdays. 

I am glad I still have a lot of time to prepare and that I realized this sooner in the process.

I have come to the realization that if I keep up my current study habits I will not pass the exam in March. There are just too many topics to master. Studying on weekends only is not enough -- I will need to begin studying after work as well on the weekdays. 

Adjust and adapt. You've got this! 

I need to study 300 hours in order to pass the test most websites say. So I created an excel spreadsheet that I can use to track my study hours and adjust if I miss a day. I will need to study 12 hours on the weekend and 5.5 hours during weekdays, and some 6 hours per holiday.

What subject is on your exam? :)

Financial, investment, retirement, employee benefit, tax, and estate planning 

I don't have so much knowledge on this topic but I bet it's as freakin' hardcore to understand as physiology.

Btw. about exercises: do you have any precised exercises you are going to implement within your habit?

What subject is on your exam? :)

Financial, investment, retirement, employee benefit, tax, and estate planning 

I don't have so much knowledge on this topic but I bet it's as freakin' hardcore to understand as physiology.

Btw. about exercises: do you have any precised exercises you are going to implement within your habit?

I am currently aiming for a 3 way split each week of: yoga, swimming, and gym room.

After the first month I will re-evaluate and shift it around based on how I like it, I don't know if swimming in the winter will be fun even if the pool is in my building.

Today is day 80 of my detox

Edited by Shine Magical

What have I accomplished during my detox?

1. Planned a very thorough and thus more fulfilling trip to Japan because I was willing to spend a lot more time on planning it.

2. Tidied my belongings a lot and have come to embrace an even more minimalist point of view, one that I am still working on.

3. Sold my bike that I have been wanting to get rid of for a while (part of the tidying process but a point that was hard to complete).

4. Worked a lot of overtime and was commended for being the first person in my role in the firm's history to complete all of my year-end projects one month in advance.

5. Bought new clothes and started paying even closer attention to my beauty regimen. :P

6. Started eating all dinners with my boyfriend at the dinner table instead of in front of my computer.

1. Planned a very thorough and thus more fulfilling trip to Japan because I was willing to spend a lot more time on planning it.

2. Tidied my belongings a lot and have come to embrace an even more minimalist point of view, one that I am still working on.

3. Sold my bike that I have been wanting to get rid of for a while (part of the tidying process but a point that was hard to complete).

4. Worked a lot of overtime and was commended for being the first person in my role in the firm's history to complete all of my year-end projects one month in advance.

5. Bought new clothes and started paying even closer attention to my beauty regimen. :P

6. Started eating all dinners with my boyfriend at the dinner table instead of in front of my computer.

awesome stuff!

Love this! Can you add it here?

Oh so cool! What do they each mean? :)

1st pic is a commitment to a minimalist apartment. I like how empty rooms look and so the goal is to have an apartment that almost looks empty :P

2nd pic is something I want to do. I want to try growing moss even though its hard to do indoors, I also bought a small quartz crystal bunch so that it would look like that picture.

3rd pic is my goal for writing my fantasy book that I won't work on until after I pass my test.

4th pic is from the anime Cardcaptor Sakura, which has a main theme of believing in yourself because everything will be alright.

5th pic is from the newer Cardcaptor Sakura series, which shows that I will stay true to myself and follow my passions even if others think they are silly or weird.

6th pic is the designation I am aiming for, my test date is March 21st!