NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Played after ~1.5m out of boredom

LTUPetras

Hi....

Last time I played something until now was June 16th, but since then (as many others) I was just browsing and watching YouTube and Netflix... So last weekend I was sick of doing THAT, so I reinstalled Win10 (turns out it wasn't the last day for me, since I already had them before) and downloaded Steam...
I don't even feel like I relapsed, I just got back to the old "boredom killer", but all I got was rage and anger (anyone played Evolve recently..?) and now I'm back to BORED....

I work full time and whole week am looking forward to the weekend, but then it comes and it's the good ol' depressed boredom times...

I tried exercising- boring and there still (i'm 30 by the way) is no "feel-good" part for me.

Went out a few times with my cousin and his friends- boring and expensive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Petras.

Hey Petras, welcome and thanks for sharing.

Boredom is one of the withdrawal symptoms from not gaming so that's the first thing to remember, so you may find other activities boring, especially compared to gaming. This video is an important reminder for that.

After you quit, and I know this isn't exciting to hear, but you want to focus less on whether or not you're bored and just keep going. Boredom tends to reduce after the first three weeks or so, but depending on how much you've been gaming, that can be longer.

A few tips:

1. Start a daily journal - it helps immensely.
2. Plan ahead for the weekend. If you're at home all weekend you'll be bored and that's when you'll want to game.
3. Keep exercising. It may be boring but it will help shift the energy in your body, but it may take a bit of time for you to calibrate to that. Cardio is one of the easiest ways to feel that in my experience.
4. What new goals or hobbies do you have? Mindless browsing is only slightly better than gaming, and that's not what your ambition is!