NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

5 Books You Must Read To Help You Quit Playing Video Games

Cam Adair

In this video I share 5 books you must read to help you quit playing video games.

Reading has had a huge impact on my life but it hasn't always been that way. I think I read 3 books total until I was about 22 years old. But reading is something I wish I did much sooner. These are the books that can help you understand more of the bigger picture with gaming addiction, whether that's about habits, how apps and games are designed to hook you, frameworks for addiction or just your own personal development.

I highly recommend you read each of these. Pick the one that interests you the most and start there. I hope it helps and if it does, make sure you hit

I've read The Slight Edge and Gorilla Mindset. I thoroughly recommend both of them.

Mike Cernovich can be somewhat controversial, especially on Twitter. I like his content but I can understand why some people might not.

There isn't anything in Gorilla Mindset that anyone should find controversial. It's a great book with solid advice. Two books I would say are similar in content to Gorilla Mindset are Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins and Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. They're books I would recommend, however both of them are huge. Even if you're a fast reader it will take you a significant amount of time to finish them. That's one thing I think is great about Gorilla Mindset, it's much shorter, meaning you can easily start applying the concepts to your life right away.

Just bought Hooked by Nir Eyal. Sounds interesting but it might be a while before i get around to reading it.

• 1 month later...

I haven't read the entire thing but Think and Be Phenomenal by Howard Partridge is excellent. It has a Christian flavour to it and the man who wrote it comes from a background of becoming a millionaire, but if you can get past all that, it gives you very practical tips on how you can change how you perceive yourself so that you can change your values and ultimately change your actions to whatever it is you desire.