NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Rusaw's Journal

Rusaw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 15 after relapse

Well tomorrow my Fall classes will start I just hope I don't get sick tomorrow like I did earlier this morning. After taking some medicine and a nap I woke up and was feeling a lot better. Sometime after waking up from my nap my mom stopped by the house with a swing set she bought at a garage for my sisters kids to play on when they arrive. Which me and my younger brother just got done putting it together. Now I'm just trying to relax and cool off and I'm hoping all goes well tomorrow. 

Day 16 after relapse

My classes started today I did pretty well so far I got all the assignments for this first week done for two of the three classes that I'm taking. Which was pretty easy all I had to do for two of the classes was an introduction assignment and a quiz with 10 questions each. Although, one of my teachers gave me a really odd assignment for the first week of class. I have to watch "Mean Girls" and pick a character that I like from the movie and write an essay reacting to some of the things that happened to them in the movie it's really weird. But I'll work on that later as for right now though I'm busy trying to get things organized my computer desk right now is very messy there's books, paper, and pencils everywhere. 

Edited by Rusaw

Day 17 after relapse

Hey guys my classes are going very well I even found this cool image to place as my profile pic. I found it while doing an assignment which required me to upload an image to my teacher just to show her that I knew how to do that. I've also picked up my language studies again although this time I'm experimenting with Japanese instead of Russian. I also gave advise to a fellow student who is taking a creative writing class this semester. While I was taking to her about what to expect in the creative writing class we got to learn a bit about each other I found out that she just moved here from Dubai I'm actually quite curious about what its like over there. I guess I'll ask her about it tomorrow since today was fully online.

Day 19 after relapse

Yesterday was my younger brothers birthday so after class I hung out with my brother and we talked for awhile. Oh yeah I also spoke with that girl yesterday too I won't mention her name here but she was very interesting and wanted to know a bit about the stories I wrote while in creative writing class so I told her I would've showed her but I deleted them. It sucks I had to delete some of my stories to make room for these three classes I have this term. I should of bought a flashdrive to save them on but I forgot to get one. Oh well I was going to rewrite them anyway once I had time to do it but I've been so busy lately. Anyway on to today well today I spent most of my day helping my sister with three of her five kids since the other two were at school. Then I helped my niece with her homework when she returned from school. My nephew didn't have any homework and yes I checked he didn't have any at all today so he got to play when he got home but his sister didn't. They were in different classes by the way so his teacher didn't give out homework yet but her teacher did. 

Day 20 after relapse

Yesterday I finished all my homework and was able to get some reading done before my niece and nephew got back from school. After they returned they ate something and went outside to play. Then when it got dark they came in and started doing their homework my nephew got mad because he wanted to play a game on the playstation 3 my grandmother bought for him and his siblings to play on. However, my niece she wanted to watch a movie instead of doing homework but they did manage to get their homework done. I'll post again later about how today is going.

Day 21 after relapse

Today was a good day I got plenty of reading in today. I also did some exercising and played some baseball with my younger brother. I think my grandfather is planning on going on another fishing trip in the boat since my sister and her kids arrived. I honestly can't wait to go fishing again! Also my sister is now looking for a part time job now that she lives with us and her kids are in school. 

• 1 year later...

I relapsed some time after my last post on this thread!

However, I just came back today so I'm starting over again with my detox. So why did I relapse this time? Well it was because college got too difficult and because I failed a class and got discouraged and dropped out. Then I went back to gaming from August 30, 2016 to September 22, 2017. I decided to quit gaming again today I hope I can go the full 90 day's this time. Anyway a couple of months ago I decided I would try and learn a skilled trade of some sort to help get me out of the house. So I started doing some volunteer work for a school that trains guide dogs for the blind and severely visually impaired as well as military vets who suffer from ptsd. However, do to my gaming addiction I've neglected to teach the guide dog that I'm suppose to be training new commands. This has ultimately made him lazy and disobedient which I found out yesterday since we went out into the public after not leaving the house for 2 weeks now. But he is still a puppy so there is still time to retrain him. Since I have a responsibility to make sure this guide dog in training is successful I have pushed myself to quit gaming again to work on the guide dogs training.