NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Rusaw's Journal

Rusaw

Day 2 after relapse

I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday so I'll just post this today and post again later tonight. Anyway yesterday I visited my therapist and told him about my relapse and what caused it. Later I went shopping for some school supply's and pretty much spent the whole day in town. However, I did manage to make it back home in time to watch the Rio Olympics.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 3 after relapse

Had a pretty good day so far. I'm currently watching the Rio Olympics again. I've also been looking around for new activities to try out. For example I'm thinking about getting into martial arts not karate but more like HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts). One reason for this is because they study historical fighting techniques and I'm a major history buff anyway so that's a win for me. I'd also like to learn how to use a sword the problem is I can't seem to find any HEMA clubs in Florida. I've found fencing clubs but I'm not really interested in fencing but I may give that a try too. I don't know it might be fun.  

Day 4 after relapse

I spent most of today learning more about fencing I've become very interested in the sport and would definitely like to try it out. I haven't really gone around looking much for a fencing club in Florida I've found a few but haven't found out when they're open. However, I did find out that the closest one to my house is in Ocala FL it's also conveniently close to my therapist so I'll try and stop by and visit the fencing club then. As for right now though I need to finish getting prepared for school this coming Fall. 

Day 5 after relapse

I'm really getting into fencing. Now I really didn't go fencing yet I've just been watching fencing video's and practicing my stance, approach, and my retreat at least three separate times today. However, I think I kinda over did it and now have a sore back ah well it was good workout for me today. But I think I'm gonna rest up a bit before I practice again next time I'm gonna work on my lunge with one of the foam swords my nephew's left here as well as the other stuff I worked on today.

Hi Rusaw, I'm glad you've taken an interest in fencing! I'd obviously biased towards it being a good sport as I'm a fencer, but if you like high levels of engagement and like the combat style, then it'd be great to give it a try.

If you tag me here I'll make sure to check out your journal and comment if you want to know about something fencing-related. :)

Day 6 after relapse

Today I stopped by the college to pay for my Fall classes. Then came back home and practiced my fencing stance again as well as my lunge I honestly can't wait to try out fencing for the first time. Although, I think I'm gonna watch a fencing match in person before I actually participate and ask the fencing coaches at the fencing club some questions about the sport and what time do beginner classes for adults start. I also watched some youtube today just got done watching a few scary videos which I regret doing since its dark and I freaked myself out.

Hi Rusaw, I'm glad you've taken an interest in fencing! I'd obviously biased towards it being a good sport as I'm a fencer, but if you like high levels of engagement and like the combat style, then it'd be great to give it a try.

If you tag me here I'll make sure to check out your journal and comment if you want to know about something fencing-related. :)

I have to say I tend to go for combative style sports. Although, I don't participate in them as much since sports like paintball and airsoft get expensive to do every week. I'm pretty sure Fencing will get expensive too but I'm still looking forward to trying it out it really looks like a lot of fun.

Day 7 after relapse

Yet another post that was meant for yesterday. Anyway, yesterday I was busy helping my grandmother move beds and other furniture around in order to prepare for my sister and her kids since they are coming back down here to live us after getting kicked out of her mother-in-laws house 3 days after returning home. This was after we took my cousin down to the airport. Sometime after we finished moving furniture around I went straight to bed after having a snack.

Day 8 after relapse

Today I moved my stuff out of the room my sister and her kids will be staying in back into my room now that my cousin is gone. I also did some reading today and now I'm just relaxing and watching the Rio Olympics. My Fall classes will be starting soon and I will be back at the college Wednesday to pick up my books. As for my Summer classes which have come to an end I've done pretty well.

Day 9 after relapse

Today my grades for my summer classes just came in I didn't do as well in both classes as I thought I did. I passed my music class but failed the science class luckily I got my pell grant accepted and my Fall classes paid for so I still have Fall classes. I'll just have to retake science class later oh well I struggled with science class since the beginning anyway. Mainly because it was fully online I struggle with classes like that when its fully online not so much when its in person though since in person they can actually show me what to do rather than just explain it I don't really comprehend scientific terms that well on paper.

Edited by Rusaw

Day 10 after relapse

I had a bit of a rough day today but at least I got what I needed done finished today so I'm happy. I got some exercise did some reading even learned some new things on duolingo. By the way I've gathered all my game systems and the video games in separate boxes and plan on selling them whenever I head back into town. I can honestly do without the distraction since my classes will start soon.

I had a bit of a rough day today but at least I got what I needed done finished today so I'm happy. I got some exercise did some reading even learned some new things on duolingo. By the way I've gathered all my game systems and the video games in separate boxes and plan on selling them whenever I head back into town. I can honestly do without the distraction since my classes will start soon.

You're going to have a great semester. Sometimes when we make a big decision to change we still have some of the past we've neglected to catch up with us but the key is to just take that in stride and keep going and focusing on the new vision you have. 

Day 11 after relapse

Today I went to see my therapist and we talked about the Olympic events we were both watching at home. I also talked with my therapist about getting into fencing which he thinks I should try it out. Later, I went to the college to pick up my text books and headed back home. Now I'm just watching the Olympics while waiting for classes to start.

Day 12 after relapse

I know school's starting back up but I'm also concerned with getting some part time job so I can help out with bills and stuff. Which job searching is what I've been doing all day today. However, I've always found my job searching to be rather difficult. One reason why my job search has been so difficult is because I'm legally blind although not blind enough to need assistance from a seeing eye dog or a cane I'm just blind enough to where it prevents me from driving. Luckily getting around hasn't really been a problem thanks to Uber drivers and family members. The other reason I have difficulty getting a job is because I have dyscalculia which is a learning disability that prevents those with it from learning basic math. I really hope I can find a job soon.

Day 14 after relapse

Okay I didn't post anything yesterday but anyway I was busy looking for jobs in my neighborhood. Sadly I've had no luck finding jobs I can do and those that I did find that I could do I haven't received any calls back just emails. However, today I went for a walk and did some reading. I'm now relaxing by listening to some of my favorite music.