NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I'm not a gaming addict but I do have a problem.. wait what?

Hi everyone,

I feel kinda weird writing here. The main reason why it feels weird is because I don't really consider myself to be addicted to gaming, but in a way I kinda am.. I guess ...

I actually played a lot of games as a kid. It started with the good old Gameboy and the Sega Megadrive. I didn't play that much it wasn't really a problem. I played a lot outside. I don't have any brothers or sister but still I had fun. As I grew older I would be more and more inside.

I don't know the specific age but one day I didn't play games anymore. I didn't really get fullfilment from them. Mindlessly browsing the internet was always a much bigger problem (still is). After completing the university and finding a job I decided I wanted a bigger challenge and was trying to start my own sidebusiness through a blog. Then made a promotion at work and I also started working out 5-6 hours a day for several hours. I was a productivity monster (aside from the brainless internet browsing that I still did for at least several hours a day) The promotion gave me a more stressfull/fulfilling job. I felt it was really hard to keep working on my blog since I was happier at work and I had a lot more stress. My motivation was disappearing fast and forcing myself to keep working on it gave me even more stress. This stress caused me to feel overwhelmed and made me feel less motivated to workout as much.

I consider myself to have a big amount of discipline. I kept working on my blog, I kept working out and I kept performing well at my daytime job. The problem was ... I'm only human. August last year something changed. I went to a festival, I had TONS of fun. I felt really relaxed, it was probably the best time I had in years and when I came home I didn't feel like doing anything anymore. I still kept forcing myself but I started to give in more and more. In octobre I decided enough was enough. I quit my blog, I didn't force myself to workout anymore and I wanted to do something relaxing and I started playing games . It worked! I had fun, I felt relaxed, I could still have goals but no obligations and it took no physical effort at all. I planned to do it only for a couple of weeks to get my motivation back. Here I am 8 months later, I didn't do anything anymore. I totally quit working out and deleted my blog (luckily I'm still kicking ass at work).

I don't actually game that much. Well only for hours in the weekend but not that much during the week. Finding excuses to be on my pc and waste my time on it is the real problem. It's an easy go to and it gets in the way of real life tasks, which was the biggest reason for me to buy the e-book. I'm still not 100% convinced gaming is the problem, but it's definitely a part of it and I can probably apply all the principles to the 'internet addiction' I have.

Seems like I wrote a lot more than I was anticipating... Beats watching Twitch, Youtube or playing games I guess.

Disclaimer: English is not my native language which explains the language errors I'm making.

Welcome! Although our community has a focus on gaming addiction, our mission is a lot more about striving for excellence, so regardless of whether you're a gaming addict or not, or even regardless of if you even game, you can still participate here and get a lot of value out of it (imo). 

Thanks for the comment Cam. I actually decided I will go 100% for the detox as well. I may or may not be a gaming addict, the one way to find out is just not to game anymore. If it goes easy that's confirmation right there. If it's hard it's a good thing I'm trying to stop. Either way it's a win.

I just deleted 50GB of games from my PC. Let's do this.

Thanks for the comment Cam. I actually decided I will go 100% for the detox as well. I may or may not be a gaming addict, the one way to find out is just not to game anymore. If it goes easy that's confirmation right there. If it's hard it's a good thing I'm trying to stop. Either way it's a win.

I just deleted 50GB of games from my PC. Let's do this.

Totally. :)