NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I feel good about this attempt

Hi, my name is Jimyree Martin and I'm 15 years old. This is my second introduction post, and the reason why I'm making another introduction, is because I relapsed on the 89th day of my detox. I know it sounds crazy and stupid, but it happened. Honestly, it didn't matter at all, because I didn't do shit during the days. All I did, was read articles (including respawn), watched gaming streams, and procrastinated alot on the things I wanted to do. I've found activities, but never bothered to try them.

On the 89th day, I felt so happy to talk to my online friends for so long. I reinstalled all my games and played Smite and Black ops 3 with them. It was very fun, but I felt this huge disappointment in my life when I got off. I started to feel depressed and anxious while I was playing with my ONLY friends that were online. So that's when I decided that I would have my final laugh with them for 1 week. During that week I neglected everything in my life and played about 14+ hours, so I can have the best experience with my pals online and I started to feel worse and worse physical and health wise. I actually started to feel bored and extremely mad than usual. On the last day of my gaming week I made a montage of my best moments on Xbox and sent it to all my friends and telling them I won't be on anymore and they were very angry and sent me msgs saying," But y" and "I don't understand" I just ignored them and uninstalled every game and removed my account. 

And so now I'm here for my fourth attempt to quit playing video games. I don't know why, but I just feel really good about this attempt, and is it just me or did anyone else have a dream that night about regreting what you just did and that no one will understand why you did it? Well, anyway I'm glad I did it and I hope I can succeed this time.

Hey Jimyree, welcome back.

Have you considered selling your Xbox/computer to seal the deal?

I am a PC gamer and detoxing from all games, and I'd sell my computer if I could but I rely on it for work.

One thing I'm considering trying is to remove the computer altogether for things that aren't absolutely necessary to be done on the computer.

Good luck on your fresh start, try to make / spend time with more friends that aren't gamers.

By the way, if I quit gaming at your age, there's no telling where I'd be today. You are definitely making the right choice.

Hey Jimyree, welcome back.

Have you considered selling your Xbox/computer to seal the deal?

I am a PC gamer and detoxing from all games, and I'd sell my computer if I could but I rely on it for work.

One thing I'm considering trying is to remove the computer altogether for things that aren't absolutely necessary to be done on the computer.

Good luck on your fresh start, try to make / spend time with more friends that aren't gamers.

By the way, if I quit gaming at your age, there's no telling where I'd be today. You are definitely making the right choice.

I want to sell my Xbox, but my parents won't let me do it, because they told me they spent alot of money on it, it will be a waste. Even though, I've to them about my gaming addiction, they just fail to understand my problem.

So my mom suggested that, I should let my dad have it. Is it really ok to let him have it? My dad used to have a smoking problem, but he quit smoking cold turkey for about 3 or 4 years. I'm just a little worried he might get addicted to video games.