NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

When you realize gaming is just the tip of the iceberg

Nixe

So :)

I could tell my whole experiences with games etc. but that would be a looong story and I'm not sure how important it is at this moment.

I just checked my play time in Steam and it says "5.2 h in the last 2 weeks". I'm fine with that. It's somehow a motivation to see how the time is sinking when you don't play games for some days.  

In comparison to the past and my gaming habits, I'd say I do really well. I've got my priorities now. Gaming isn't such a big problem anymore. But I start thinking about how I could socialize more and why I didn't socialize that much before. Often I'm very lazy. I come home from University, I eat something, relax and then do my homework. I often feel just powerless. Maybe it's because I don't drink enough, idk. I might go to a doctor.

Today I talked to another girl from my university that plays games too. She told me, that she is also doing a break till the exams are done. That surprised me - in a good way :)

Some hours later one of my friends (who also plays from time to time) asked me, if I will try out Overwatch with her. My answer was a bit vague. On one hand I was happy, that she asked me and then I realized, that I'm not even that interested in this game and I don't know, if I want to spend time on it, but don't wanted do disappoint her. Never played anything with her before. It was a weird feeling, but I couldn't take that suggestion really serious anyway.

• Guest pinned this topic

Dude i know what you mean about wanting to feel more sociable. How about when you sitting there in a room or waiting somewhere and there is just you and another person just take the plunge and start a conversation. It leads to all sorts of great feelings and experiences. 

Ah yeah I just remembered about a part time job one of my friends told me. She is working as an waitress at events. Now I'm thinking about also trying it out. I think it's a hard job but I also can imagine it's pretty cool on some of these events.. last time she was also on the Fashion Week for example. Would be a challenge, but an adventure for me.. + I HAVE TO socialize.. 

Edited by Nixe

On one hand I was happy, that she asked me and then I realized, that I'm not even that interested in this game and I don't know, if I want to spend time on it, but don't wanted do disappoint her.

I run into this same issue with my personality, I have the habit of sacrificing my happiness to ensure that others are not upset or let down by me. Just remember to put your needs first, if you are wanting to cut back and aren't that interested in the game, you might take a look at what is in your best interest. Maybe you could find out what her other hobbies are, who knows, maybe you two will have even more in common than just gaming. :D 

Sounds like you had a pretty solid day!

Being a waitress would certainly increase your social contact with people, and there's no better way to feel happy then to be making people smile! Bringing foods and drinks to people often bring smiles all around :)

Also, if you're doing computer science, are there any new programming languages you'd like to try out or any you'd like to build your skills on? I have an interest in computer science and am building my Python programming skills currently, which I've found to be a good challenge, engaging, and a wonderful way to practice problem solving.

Getting yourself out there doing new activities is important for fulfilling needs that gaming has, so keep on keeping on! :D

• Guest unpinned this topic