NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

ONE YEAR

Cam Adair

Thanks for the mention!  It's been one of the most wonderful years of my life!  One thing that I learned is that changing something so deeply ingrained, like my old video game compulsion, is that the change does not happen in a vacuum.  For me, quitting games required examination and adjustment of many different parts of my life.  I had to challenge myself to do things I wouldn't normally do.  Sustaining that kind of change is only really possible if you can be happy with it.  I learned that entertainment and happiness are completely separate things which seems obvious in hindsight.  I could be thoroughly entertained for 10 hours straight with a video game, but I would also feel anxious and disconnected from life.

I could go on and on, but it's time for bed.  I hope to see this topic swell over time with posts of everyone else's successes!

I learned that entertainment and happiness are completely separate things which seems obvious in hindsight.  I could be thoroughly entertained for 10 hours straight with a video game, but I would also feel anxious and disconnected from life.

Boom.

• 3 weeks later...