NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

“Just do it" June 2016. Sign up here.

Cam Adair

Hey everyone! Welcome to the sixth official sign-up thread for “Just do it" June 2016!

Use this thread to share your commitment to abstain from playing video games for the entire month of June 2016.

If you are over 18 and you would like to participate in the study of our community, click here.

New to StopGaming?

• Learn about the importance of the 90 day "no gaming" detox here
  • If you are committed to your 90 day detox, sign up for this month by replying to this thread.
  • To track your progress setup a badge on StopGaming. We also recommend using an app like Coach.me or a whiteboard/calendar in your room. (Working on getting badges one here soon.)
  • Document your progress in a daily journal. Having a daily journal will help you clarify your thoughts, process your experience and gain extra support.
  • Ask questions and get support by posting on Game Quitters. The more involved you can be in the community, the more likely you are to succeed. 
  • We have added an option to get an accountability partner this month. Post your own thread here and find an accountability partner.

Ready to join? Reply to this thread and answer the following:

• What is your commitment? No games? No streams? Anything else?
  • How long do you want this challenge to last? By default it is one month, but 90 days is recommended for your detox.
  • What are your goals?
  • Why are you doing this?

Is it past the first of the month?

No worries. You can still join in. Add your commitment and start your detox today!

Thanks to /r/nofap for the inspiration. If this thread provides value we can continue to do them each month.

Edited by Cam Adair

I want to sign up! Thank you Cam for this initiative.

• I want to refrain from playing games, watching streams and youtube videos.
  • I want this challenge to last for 30 days. I failed my attempt to do the 90 day challenge, so I will start with one month. Plus, June is a time when I will be fasting as part of Ramadan - what a great time to refrain from gaming.
  • My ultimate goal is to detach myself from gaming and all other addictive forms of entertainment. I want to reach this goal by taking it one month at a time.
  • There are so many things that I want to be doing with my life, and gaming has been, is and will always be an obstacle and a time sink to them all. There is no gaming in moderation for me as I have failed to do so all too many times. I feel, think and believe that I must stop gaming for so many reasons, yet I have not been able to snap out of it. Enough is enough. Now is the time for me to change myself. I always believe that there is nothing greater than willpower and hard work - I want to prove it to myself by completing this challenge.
Edited by Mert Gunes

I want to sign up! Thank you Cam for this initiative.

• I want to refrain from playing games, watching streams and youtube videos.
  • I want this challenge to last for 30 days. I failed my attempt to do the 90 day challenge, so I will start with one month. Plus, June is a time when I will be fasting as part of Ramadan - what a great time to refrain from gaming.
  • My ultimate goal is to detach myself from gaming and all other addictive forms of entertainment. I want to reach this goal by taking it one month at a time.
  • There are so many things that I want to be doing with my life, and gaming has been, is and will always be an obstacle and a time sink to them all. There is no gaming in moderation for me as I have failed to do so all too many times. I feel, think and believe that I must stop gaming for so many reasons, yet I have not been able to snap out of it. Enough is enough. Now is the time for me to change myself. I always believe that there is nothing greater than willpower and hard work - I want to prove it to myself by completing this challenge.

Good to see you again!

Sign me up Cam !

What is your commitment? 

• No gaming for the whole summer.
  • Only 10 minutes of Youtube  per day (gaming videos are not allowed).
  • Get out of my fucking comfort zone more often.
  • Work towards my dream.

Why are you doing this?

• I want to live my own life :)

Sign me up Cam !

What is your commitment? 

• No gaming for the whole summer.
  • Only 10 minutes of Youtube  per day (gaming videos are not allowed).
  • Get out of my fucking comfort zone more often.
  • Work towards my dream.

Why are you doing this?

• I want to live my own life :)

You're in!

What are my commitments?

• No gaming for the next 90 days (I'm on 5 months streak now :)).
  • No PMO for next 30 days (30 days streak already)
  • I want to learn Java everyday for 90 days
  • Learn to do one hand push up by the end of June
  • I'm going to meet new friends this month
  • I want to spend minimum 15 mins on learning Japanese everyday for 30 days
  • I want to read life changing books for minimum 25mins for next 90 days
  • I won't eat any grains, sweets and processed foods for next 90 days (I'm on ~30 days streak)

Why am I doing this? Because I want to live life the fullest and I want to know that I can control my body (no gaming, no PMO). Also I want to find a job as programmer after one year. Someone may say that I have too many commitments. I dont think so. I love sport, I love reading and coding is also very cool (I need to find some kind of Mentor to check my code and give me tips), so it doesnt take much effort for me to do it. The only problem is that I lost motivation for learning Japanese, but I will comeback to it, because I commit that I will do it! :D Good Luck with your commitments! :)

Edited by warrumin

What are my commitments?

• No gaming for the next 90 days (I'm on 5 months streak now :)).
  • No PMO for next 30 days (30 days streak already)
  • I want to learn Java everyday for 90 days
  • Learn to do one hand push up by the end of June
  • I'm going to meet new friends this month
  • I want to spend minimum 15 mins on learning Japanese everyday for 30 days
  • I want to read life changing books for minimum 25mins for next 90 days
  • I won't eat any grains, sweets and processed foods for next 90 days (I'm on ~30 days streak)

Why am I doing this? Because I want to live life the fullest and I want to know that I can control my body (no gaming, no PMO). Also I want to find a job as programmer after one year. Someone may say that I have too many commitments. I dont think so. I love sport, I love reading and coding is also very cool (I need to find some kind of Mentor to check my code and give me tips), so it doesnt take much effort for me to do it. The only problem is that I lost motivation for learning Japanese, but I will comeback to it, because I commit that I will do it! :D Good Luck with your commitments! :)

Woot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest unpinned this topic
  • Hitaru locked this topic