NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Why You Should Not Game After Your Detox

Cam Adair

It's nice to watch more "after the detox" series, can't wait to see more!

People often take 90 days, as some magicial line, which when crossed, deletes all our problems with gaming. But it's nothing magical with it, I would even say that this is a dangerous moment, because our cravings are weaker, we don't want to game so much and this leads to underestimating the opponent. Later, things happens as @Cam Adair said in the video. Thus, to raise our shields, we should double activities/things which fulfill our life, gives us happines and results. In my opinion, during the detox, we should focus like 70% of our potential to discard gaming and 30% to improving our lifes. After the detox, when our brain gets used to normal level of stimulation and cravings are not so strong as they were, we should change the numbers, and focus more on better life. BUT, still be aware of danger! ! !

I recently reached 90 days and my cravings and emotional agitation are actually similar to what I had in the beginning of my detox.  I had not yet decided whether to game again or try the moderation thing.  I feel like mmorpgs are over for me as that is my lost life game of choice and maybe I can do some consoles games.  In my opinion nothing is inherently wrong with games if used for entertainment and do not interfere with life.  Obviously, I am here cause that was not true for me.  Anyway, I am choosing to not game at this time of my recently over detox because I am not in control of my emotions.  Not entirely sure what is happening in my head, the double down effect though true does not resonate.  My thoughts are that somehow the 90 day detox was a goal in my head but not a permanent life style change and I am now grappling with the the fact that serious gaming is not coming back in my life.

I recently reached 90 days and my cravings and emotional agitation are actually similar to what I had in the beginning of my detox.  I had not yet decided whether to game again or try the moderation thing.  I feel like mmorpgs are over for me as that is my lost life game of choice and maybe I can do some consoles games.  In my opinion nothing is inherently wrong with games if used for entertainment and do not interfere with life.  Obviously, I am here cause that was not true for me.  Anyway, I am choosing to not game at this time of my recently over detox because I am not in control of my emotions.  Not entirely sure what is happening in my head, the double down effect though true does not resonate.  My thoughts are that somehow the 90 day detox was a goal in my head but not a permanent life style change and I am now grappling with the the fact that serious gaming is not coming back in my life.

Yep this is normal. You're going through a bit of a grieving process.

If you have identified MMORPG's as a problem, then you are doing right in staying away from them. Playing games in the same manner that one did before the detox, but simply with the intention of playing less, is a plan that is almost certainly doomed to fail in the long run. That's just the opinion I've built up over the course of my detox and from past attempts to moderate my playtime.

Respect to @Cam Adair for the way he gets his point across both in this video and in others. I like the fact that he gives his opinion on the subject, but it's not forced down your throat that this is what you must do!