NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hello from Portland Or

ZDub

My name is Zak. I some how managed to get through early adult life with a gaming addiction/"passion". I am turning 30 and quite honestly I have a lot of things going for me in my life, an awesome family, a great job, and a girlfriend who loves me very much.

To put it bluntly I game entirely too much. I play DOTA 2 some times as much as 40hrs/wk, that doesn't include the hours spent watching professionals or reading other content to try and get better. The only way I manage to do that is sheer neglect of other responsibilities.

However unlike the catcher in the rye I am very well aware of the cliff that looms shortly in front of me, I sense a very real catastrophic fuck up coming and if I don't do something I'll be left with my gaming addiction, whole lot of regret, and some stories about "how it use to be".

I've gone through self improvement before and I am not afraid to go through it again. As they say the first step is admitting that there is a problem no matter how cliche that sounds it's true.

Quick Edit: A large reason for starting this new chapter was considering my future. I constantly think about a nightmare scenario where I consider what I am willing to neglecting now in my life for gaming and not knowing where that neglect will stop. To think about a future where I could neglect my family for an addiction is scary and feels shameful.

Edited by ZDub

Yo bro,

Itś great to hear you are looking after yourself, by thinking of your future.

I hope you will make a journal, I'd like to hear how you deal with the situations which are difficult for you. I used to do moba's too, so I feel like I can relate to you, anyhow.. I hope everything will turn out alright for you, and that you remain in touch with us.

Alright, good luck bro, all the best to you.