NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Another hello!

Hello, my name is Jason, 29 years old, been playing video games since I was in junior high.

I spend anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of my spare time outside of work playing video games or just mindless browsing surfing etc. This ramps up to anywhere from 15-30 hours a week basically pissing around and wasting precious time of my precious life. 

I struggle with procrastination. Despite really enjoying some non-gaming activities, I've always wondered why I can't develop a strong passion in anything. Since finding the Game Quitters website and watching a couple videos I now strongly believe that entertainment and over stimulation are holding me back. Very key in all this is the whole concept of the challenge/rewards that games give. I would much rather challenge and reward myself with skills/achievements that I can be proud of.

My goal is that by going through this journey I will learn to really live in the moment at every point in my life, and increase my productivity substantially. At this point in time I'll be happy with a 75% utilization of my free time (whatever productive will mean for me). :D 

This is also the first time I've used a forum, I don't know what else to say at this point other than I'm feeling both hesitant and exited about quitting. But... I have to delete all my games... and I'm going to do it. Right now.

Cheers!

Jason

Welcome Jason!

Productivity is a big part of why I decided to quit. As you go through your time as a non gamer, you will find you have a lot more energy/motivation to do things, which will help your productivity substantially. But at the same time, I advise you set yourself little goals each day, don't try to do everything in one go. Take it one day at a time. Good job on deleting your games, I wish you luck in your game quitting journey!