NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

PG's journal

paulogallo

Day 24 - 10/6

Spent the night with my gf and got to work a little bit on my shark lessons. This time I blocked out more of the shapes and learned to mirror an object symmetrically to the other side of the mesh. That was super useful to position the eye correctly. 

Day24.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 25 - 11/06

Spent the whole day going out with my gf and we had a cool dinner together. Tomorrow I'm gonna spend the day with her since it's Valentine here in Brazil. I got some time on Zbrush while she was at my side helping me get the shapes right while I showed her how I work on Zbrush. It's super cold here and I was modelling covered in sheets in bed lol

Day25.png

Day 26 - 12/6

Spent this day with my GF since It's Valentine day here in Brazil. So I tried something special with Zbrush today, as a gift for her. Got to toy around with some rendering properties and got a nice result, she was very happy with her little heart haha <3

Day26.png

Day 27 - 13/6

I'm starting to miss gaming a bit, but trying to keep my focus. Today I worked on detailing the hammer shark, and got really frustrated because it was not seeming like the reference model. Every single time I start to get confused or frustrated I concentrate on my "one step at a time" mantra and it has been working to keep motivation up so far.

Day27.png

Day 29 - 15/6

Sharkboy done! I'm super tired. This week has been very taxing and I've been struggling to find energy to fill out every single responsibility and things that need to be done. Really wishing a day could have like 30 hours. I'm wondering what I'm gonna focus on studying now.

Day29.jpg

Day 30 - 16/6

WOW, today I got crushed. Just got done with a new tutorial about another feature, which shifts modelling from organic to polygonal. And I was completely beaten. Couldn't get anything to work, completely lost. The feature is awesome though and I do feel I can get to understand it given I spend enough time trying to understand it. I'm feeling super exhausted, but excited to be working with this in the future. 

Day30.png

Edited by paulogallo

Day 32 - 18/6

Modeled here in my GF's house today. She likes to watch me study and I think it's cute when she tries to help me figure out the stuff I'm learning. Today I tried to study human anatomy building muscles with zsphere sketch. It was hard in the beginning but got easier once i started getting a feel of what the brushes can do.

Day32.png

Day 33 - 19/6

Did some manequin's today, starting on composition. Did all the modelling in my GF's house. I gotta manage better the time because i don't want to take much of the small time i have together with her and spend too much of it modelling on zbrush. 

Day33.png

Day 34 - 20/6

Finally finished the Zsphere tutorials. Now I'm gonna start the concept class. Overall the Zsphere workflow is like most of Zbrush up to now: complicated at first, but simple and fun to play with when you understand the foundation of the tools. 

So far I've been building the same things I'm seeing on the tutorials, like this bull. I'm eager to start building on a project of my own, but i'm waiting until I understand more of the software so I can start something on my own like a cool character or sword :)

Day34.png

Day 35 - 21/6

Got started on the zmodeler concept classes, with a focus on buildings. I spent the whole night getting stuff done in the house and for college and its more than 4 am, I gotta wake up to work in four hours, but I'm still comitting to practice at least a little bit every day doesnt matter how tired or sad I am or how late it is. I'm trying to build a commitment with myself and my future, and hopefully I can manage my time and daily responsibilities to get everything done earlier everyday.

Day35.png

Day 36 - 22/6

Today I am SO pissed. I followed the tutorial step by step and just can't get the same results. Every time I try to build the city off its top view, the buildings lose resolution and becomes just giant blocks. Hopefully I can figure out why tomorrow, but it has been super frustrating to do the same steps and get a buggy different result.

Day36.png

Day 40 - 26/06

Modelled today while my GF was doing her sketchup models as well. It's very relaxing to study at her side even though we're not actually doing the same thing together. Today I learned about structural workflows and also took my time to try some configs at a new render, Keyshot.

Day40.jpg