NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hi everyone, im Elliott from London UK and I am 23 years old.

Been playing games pretty much my whole life starting on diablo 2, age of empires 1 and 2 and progressing onto pretty much everything; WoW, Dota, starcraft etc

I would play 5-10 or so hours a day playing watching game related videos or watching pro streams, and decided to quit so i could kinda move on with my life, improve social skills, get a real life skill and career or so.  

I had kinda done a 90 day detox before when i went travelling for 6 months where i didn't play any games at all but i was always busy socializing, booking transport, accommodation or finding places to eat and i hardly ever thought about it. So i guess its just my fallback hobby which i do when I've got nothing to do and now i don't game everyday feels so much longer and i'm literally just waiting the time out till i can go to my part time job or go out drinking.

I've tried getting new hobbies from the 60 hobby list like reading and going to the gym but I always seem to lack motivation or energy to do anything that doesn't immediately interest me. Hopefully it'll work itself out over the coming weeks

I've tried getting new hobbies from the 60 hobby list like reading and going to the gym but I always seem to lack motivation or energy to do anything that doesn't immediately interest me. Hopefully it'll work itself out over the coming weeks

This is a really common experience among people quitting games, so know that you're not alone. It's probably due to the way dopamine in the brain works. Video games are hyper-stimulating, so you get sensitized to them - basically, you brain likes that level of stimulation and anything else kind of seems dull in comparison. It takes time (days, weeks, months even) but eventually your brain will re-calibrate and other things in life will seem compelling and interesting again and motivate you. Hang in there.

Welcome! I found the first 1-2 weeks I could not do anything else either.  I kept myself occupied and from going crazy by reading the workbook and watching Cam's videos.  I also watched some rather painful documentary of people gaming and their lives.  The one of second life was rather helpful as I watched them lose so much in real life.  Those things keep me busy and set up the foundation to keep going with my detox.  good luck