NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Caged - Writing like I Talk

Caged Bliss

Entry 22

University has started back up, been interacting with that just fine. Signed up for social basketball on Monday, the admin guy took ages to realise I was signing up as an individual (rather than a whole team) which makes me wonder how many people register solo. I have been to a few running meetups, but I think running might just be something I prefer doing by myself. I don't like talking while running much, but it's good that I explored that avenue at least. 

I am writing this straight after a night time run in Wellington where it was stormy weather. I think I saw some people roaming for pokemon along the waterfront which seems pretty crazy to me haha. I'm hoping to do half marathon end of September if I'm healthy and have no University stuff on at that time. - Caged

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entry 23

I have been having some trouble with the speed my courses are going at, since I haven't studied the 1st year material in 2.5-3 years. Will have to dedicate weekend time to catching up. I run ~15km right now. I am going to try 1 mid-week run of 10-12km and then a "long" run in the weekend which will start at 15km and I'll try add 1km each weekend. 

I should at some point add a 3rd run per week, maybe make it a trail rather than road run. I have been very inconsistent with my workouts lately, this is a real issue I need to fix. They make me feel better about myself and I enjoy getting a good sweat on, so I want to get back into the routine alongside my University work. I also inquired (enquired?) about the NZ thing on reddit, I don't know how many NZers are on there but I would at least be interested to see the final piece they film. Is cool to see they are even considering it as a topic to discuss. - Caged 

Entry 24

Went for my 15km weekend run, legs feel super beaten up. Was good to prove to myself that I could backup from the 15k's on Wednesday night though. Also joined a study group for one of my Math papers as a way to meet some people from my class. I ordered "How to Win Friends and Influence People" a while ago but it hasn't arrived from the UK yet, getting a little worried that it might have been lost in transit. Hope everyone is doing well - Caged

Entry 24

Went for my 15km weekend run, legs feel super beaten up. Was good to prove to myself that I could backup from the 15k's on Wednesday night though. Also joined a study group for one of my Math papers as a way to meet some people from my class. I ordered "How to Win Friends and Influence People" a while ago but it hasn't arrived from the UK yet, getting a little worried that it might have been lost in transit. Hope everyone is doing well - Caged

Great job taking action. All positive steps!

I ordered "How to Win Friends and Influence People" a while ago but it hasn't arrived from the UK yet, getting a little worried that it might have been lost in transit.

Isn't it the book written by Dale Carnegie?

I tried to read it once, but nothing useful I found in it, only advice was "to listen to other people".

But it's worth trying!

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Entry 25

Put a quick update in before I go to sleep. Have had some stuff going on, university has been busy, been stressing out about it even though it's only 3 weeks in. I talked a bit in my study group last week, didn't feel too socially inept. Also scored half our teams points in our first social basketball game (8/13) which I think says more about our teams offense haha. But it was alright, meeting new people and all that, it made people scoring more of a big deal. I think our team enjoyed it enough, we didn't get mega-thrashed so am looking forward to the next game on the weekend.