NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

A bit about myself

Hello everyone, I'm known as Caged Bliss, 21 year old guy from small nation of New Zealand. Bit of my background:

Been playing PC games since I was about 5 starting with Heroes of Might and Magic 1 (my gaming history goes something like HoMMs 1-5, C&C(all of them), warcraft 3, Dota 1/2).  Honestly I would say I have gamed excessively since I was 6 or 7, but I was smart enough that this didn't have a noticeable impact until 2nd year university. I wasted an entire semester gaming and ended up leaving and working full time for 1.5years. I started at a new university this year and had the same issues again. So am now deciding I should quit games for good. 

I am coming here from the StopGaming subreddit where my badge tells me I am 24 days into the detox section of my recovery process. Wish everyone the best of luck with their personal development.

Caged

Hi Caged, welcome to the community!

I'm also from New Zealand (I live in Auckland) so I'm sure we can relate to each other about many things. I quit gaming so that I wouldn't encounter gaming binge issues in university once I get there, as I've had a history of binge gaming when given the chance. 

If you update an online journal daily here then you'll be able to get feedback and support from the other members of the Game Quitters community. Furthermore, it will enable you to reflect on how your day has gone, celebrate what went well, and how you can do better in the next one. If you'd like an example of what a online journal might look like, you can check out my one.

Perhaps you might like this picture I took by the Auckland War Memorial Museum (looking at the sky tower), think of it like a reminder that there's a lot out there for you to see and do: you can soar (hence the bird) towards your dreams if you keep moving on your journey to quitting gaming and becoming the person you want to be. :)

I look forward to seeing your journey unfold :D All the best for your recovery from gaming and good luck for getting through uni! 

DSC01328.JPG

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I am trying to make the most out of the journal feature, is nice to get ideas down. I have stated reading yours Alex (at page6), and a few others. I am a bit wary of spending too much time here reading forum posts though. I am going to try maintain posting my own journal, and then other reading/posting I will consider a leisure activity to be done when I have free time. Does this sound like a good strategy?  

I am trying to make the most out of the journal feature, is nice to get ideas down. I have stated reading yours Alex (at page6), and a few others. I am a bit wary of spending too much time here reading forum posts though. I am going to try maintain posting my own journal, and then other reading/posting I will consider a leisure activity to be done when I have free time. Does this sound like a good strategy?  

Yeah I struggle reading everyone's journal, If I did then Id be here all day lol

Yeah I struggle reading everyone's journal, If I did then Id be here all day lol

I do it :P. 1 hour every day if you stay on top of it