NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hello Game Quitters

Hello everyone. I hope you are having a great day. I would like to quickly introduce myself.

My name is Mert, and I have been playing games for as long as I can remember starting with Super Mario on the Ateri and (hopefully) ending with League of Legends. I am almost about to graduate from university and I have been trying to quit gaming for the last 4 years. I was lucky enough to not play games during the critical points of my education and so I am excited to get my engineering degree very soon. Still, whenever things start going well for me, I justify to myself that I would no longer binge if I play games and that games are my passion. Also, nostalgia is a very strong driver of relapse for me. On the other hand, there were moments when I didn't play for a long time during which I came to the crystal clear realisation that gaming is not a part of my character and I want to spend my life doing other things. Long story short, I have had enough of games and I will stop playing them. I believe that this time will be different because this is the first time I admit that I need the help of a community like Game Quitters. So here I am. Wish me luck.

Edited by Mert Gunes

Hello, congrats on your engeineering degree, I'm also trying to get it but it will take two more years of studying. You've made good decision quiting games and admitting you have problem is your first-best step. Don't give up.

Greetings, Piotr.

Hello, congrats on your engeineering degree, I'm also trying to get it but it will take two more years of studying. You've made good decision quiting games and admitting you have problem is your first-best step. Don't give up.

Greetings, Piotr.

Hello and thank you Piotr. What area of engineering are you studying? I am doing mechanical.

Hey Mert! Welcome to the forums. If nostalgia is a common relapse problem for you, make sure you watch this one.

Hey Cam! Thank you. I saw this video a long time ago, and so it was actually nostalgic to watch it again now :) 

I'm going to keep the 3 points you made in mind if I get gaming nostalgia again.

Hi.

Mm... gaming was your passion? What are you passionate about right now?

Hi SundayMiharu. I believe that technology is my biggest passion. Whether it be reading technology magazines or working on a design project, I thoroughly enjoy it. However, I can get tired of it sometimes because I am and will be working with tecnhology for a living too. So I feel like I need something else too. I used to be very into music, play the guitar, sing and even write songs. However, I gave up on music and sold my guitar because I felt like I needed to do it in order to get over a depressive chapter in my life. I also enjoy team sports and I used to play lots of basketball in my middle school team and football in high school for fun with friends. However, ever since I came to university, I have been away from team sports mostly because of my laziness. Now I am trying to consistently go the gym to get some exercise. Looking into the future, I hope that I can find a team, club or group that I can get into to play team sports or go surfing. Surfing is like a dream of mine; I am afraid of the ocean and yet I want to conquer it by surfing. It's just difficult to go surfing here in Manchester since the only place to go surfing in the UK that I know of is Cornwall which is not close to here. Maybe one day...

I know I wrote a lot for a short question, but I felt like I had to do it to understand myself. I didn't have a ready answer to give you, and I ended up looking at ways to go to Cornwall from Manchester. Thank you for wondering, SundayMiharu.

Edited by Mert Gunes