NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Piotr journal

Piotr

Journal entry #76
Days game free: 121

Days procrastination free: 11

Great accountability talk with @hycniejsy!

Daily activities check for today:
glass of water in the morning/evening   - done
affirmation                                             - done            
non-dominant hand training                  - done
reading                                                  - done

30 minutes of programming                  - failed

What I've done today to improve my financial status:
Cut my expenses on weekly groceries.

Thanks for a call, too!

About cutting expenses:

I've found out that in most cases you can cut a lot by using discounts WISELY.

I mean, buying something with big discount if you know that you'll eat/use all of this. Otherwise buying too much can be destructive.

This may seem obvious, but I was buying TON of food at discounts, and then I was unable to eat it or I was forcing myself to eat it all, which is not recommended.

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Journal entry #77
Days game free: 122

Days procrastination free: 12

Studying soak me in today. I feel this drive for learning again and I'm grateful for that feeling. I didn't even made much breaks during the day, just done all of the activities planned for today.

non-dominant hand training                  - done

30 minutes of programming                  - done

I've asked my boss for a reward for additional work I'm doing at my job. He changed subject, so he rather disliked the idea, but it was clearly seen that this made him see my efforts. Although failed, it was great experience which improved my contact with my supervisor.

Journal entry #75
Days game free: 124

Days procrastination free: 14

New ability acquired: adaptive planning; No post for yesterday, I've decided to change few of my tasks for studying. I had planned 2x50min of studying(which I've completed), but I've realized I'm a little behind thus studied for three next hours.

non-dominant hand training                  - failed

30 minutes of programming                  - done

Checked a few apps for making money by watching ads, making surveys, completing certain tasks. Unfortunately, they are a scam or require few months effort, for just few dollars. Time spent to pay ratio, shows that this is completely unprofitable.

Whoa, you did studying for 3 hours? It's awesome, sometimes when I played video games, I felt like "Ugh, if I'll study for 50 MINUTES, my brain will explode" and I gave up.

You won't and you're even far away from situation of playing. But still, be aware and keep balance in your life just like you do.

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

• 2 weeks later...

Journal entry #76
Days game free: 138

Days procrastination free: 4

Pardon me, for being inactive, but I've build a momentum for studying and didn't wanted to break that. I've already passed one of this semester finals; only three more exams to go. That's why I will still be a little less active.

I've risen my backup fund. Unfortunately, my car needs some maintenance, so although adding to it, I will have to take from it.
Positive thing: OK, I have to take from my backup fund, but this doesn't makes me sad. I would even say that this protects me from feeling anxious because I don't have to worry about where to get funds in this unexpected expenditure.

Journal entry #76
Days game free: 138

Days procrastination free: 4

Pardon me, for being inactive, but I've build a momentum for studying and didn't wanted to break that. I've already passed one of this semester finals; only three more exams to go. That's why I will still be a little less active.

I've risen my backup fund. Unfortunately, my car needs some maintenance, so although adding to it, I will have to take from it.
Positive thing: OK, I have to take from my backup fund, but this doesn't makes me sad. I would even say that this protects me from feeling anxious because I don't have to worry about where to get funds in this unexpected expenditure.

How did you exams go :) ?

Journal entry #77
Days game free: 150

Days procrastination free: 15

Passed two exams, two more left. I'm feeling empty/disappointed/furious, I don't even know how to express this. It all comes from those two exams, which I've failed twice and this week I have last correction exams. I've really studied with dedication, I even kinda became a studying-nolife, cause I've really focused on studying. But I've still failed this exams. I've sacrificed so much and still got nothing from it. I hope that this time I will pass them.
Why whenever I try to develop something better in me, it all becomes shit. Sometimes I've thought that I should play games and stop throwing myself into situations which are uncertain, but real. I feel like I'm loosing the point.

affirmation                                             - failed            

Nothing to note.

Journal entry #78
Days game free: 157

Days procrastination free: 22

I have passed all of this semester finals! Two exams I've past at final approach, it was so close to failure but I've made it! Next weekend I'm starting new semester.

This weekend Saturday I've spent on repairing my car, because brake pads were worn out, I've changed them immediately, along with adjustments to brakes. I think that we all agree that this part of the car, shouldn't be neglected.

After my car was good-to-go, I've drove with my girlfriend, to my flat. We've finally spend some more time together, cause lastly our duties somehow made it difficult for us to meet. Rest of the weekend along with today's morning was ours. This always amazes me, how simple hug makes day so much happier, calmer and brighter.

This evening I've allowed myself for much more rest than usually, as a reward for dealing with exams and few more difficulties.

I've checked my bank account history and noted expanses which were unnecessary, to be more aware in the future. 

Great you've celebrated passing all exams! :) 

I see you got 30 minutes of programming in your journal. Have you heard about "daj sie poznac"? It's a competition (where everyone wins)  held from march till may where you create your own project and write about your progress twice a week on your own (newly created) blog. People of all skill levels are welcomed! Community is very supportive and social so maybe this will work for you as great motivation and inspiration source.

I'll be joining it :) Want to try AngularJS in front-end. Are you in?  http://dajsiepoznac.pl

Edited by fil

Journal entry #79
Days game free: 170

Days procrastination free: 0

Lastly hard-studying, got me a little off track(finally it's not games fault). I need good plans, to schedule my time. Cravings came here today, disguised as: I-can-try-gaming-in-moderation. But I've outfought them with simple thought, that still, there are better things to do than gaming.

Last two weeks brought me a good thing - I've managed to limit coffee. I've never thought that I would, but it seems that my willpower is much stronger now.

Thank you @hycniejsy, @fil, @Cam Adair. I'm so happy that I've made it.

Thank you @Schwing for your concern. My disappearance was a combination of duties and unfortunately, procrastination, which held me back since last three days. I've binge-watched tv series in my free time, but I've shook myself up and I'm going for better life - filled with taking action and productivity. Changing one addiction for another is not an option for me.

Daily activities check for yesterday:

What I've done yesterday to improve my financial status:
I've talked with one of my colleagues, who has a side job, if he can hook me in, too. He said that not right now, but in summer, they have a ton of work, so they need a few more people. This can be a good shot in the future.

• 8 months later...

HI GameQuitters! I was inactive for some time and had my ups and downs, but overall things are going fine. Missed you guys. Missed this community filled with valuable people.

It feels so good to be here again!

Hey nice to have you back. I do recently spend more time here too. Always cool to see some old faces (or masks in your case) again. I am glad you are doing fine!

• Like 1

On 12.11.2017 at 9:58 AM, WorkInProgress said:

Hey nice to have you back. I do recently spend more time here too. Always cool to see some old faces (or masks in your case) again. I am glad you are doing fine!

Haha I've laughed at that "masks in your case" part :D

Thanks @Hitaru for your interest. I needed time to go my own way, but now I see that this forum worked best for me. Things didn't went wrong but still could be better. 

Greetings, my friends! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Haha I've laughed at that "masks in your case" part :D

Thanks @Hitaru for your interest. I needed time to go my own way, but now I see that this forum worked best for me. Things didn't went wrong but still could be better. 

Greetings, my friends! 

Both my work and my pleasure :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to stop gaming(successfully), because I've neglected my life. Now, when I have grasp on my life, improved my finances, relations, grades and everything is going good; I don't have a reason to not game. I know that gaming will probably make me fall into bad habits again, and this thought is a good "shield" but I don't think this mindset will withstood for long. Any advices?